Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sorual

Grabbing? (Smash Bros)

i know how to grab in smash bros but i really cant make it an instinct like all the others moves. i think that one of the main things im lacking in smash bros. i still think im pretty good but i would still like to get used to grabbing. (just so were creal i mean grabbing people. not items xD) any tips to make me accustomed to it?

Down attack, meteor smash attack, grab. That how I got accustomed to it, but there are some characters who's grab really sucks...

EDIT: I used Mario, I don't really know who could work as well as him...

Edited by JustBetweenYouAnd-I

It depends a lot on who you use as well. I find when I'm playing as Mario I intuitively do it, because so many of his moves are close-melee that the throw just seems to be part of that move-set. Whereas when I'm playing as Link, I'm usually doing ranged, and will never use the Hookshot because I know that it won't hit, not to mention it seems to take a long time to trigger and is easily readable by the other players. 

I think the best strategy for throwing is when people are ninja-flipping around, because the grab animation is generally very fast, and can stop them from zooping around. Try and keep it in your arsenal as an anti-blocking/dodging manouver, so that when you see people being flippy, it just mentally triggers that the best way to stop them is to grab them.