Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

So I was thinking about this the other day: in KH 1, we see Halloween Town as it normally is, with Oogie and everything, but in KH 2 we see Jack has become obsessed with Christmas, as in the film. 

They make a reference to him doing this again, I believe, so here's my question: Does KH 1 take place AFTER the film, or BEFORE it? Sally doesn't seem to be as involved with Jack as she in KH 2, and the way the characters behave more mirrors the film in KH 2, such as the Mayor and the way the town looks. Plus Jack is wearing his "Sandy claws" suit, and there'd be no reason to not include it in KH 1 if that storyline happened during the film. 

So can you assume KH 2 is during the film, and DAYS and KH 1 are before Jack runs into Christmas Town? And does this mean Jack has dispatched Oogie not once, but three times? 

Yes, I believe that would be the case.  What happened in Days and Kingdom Hearts I were events leading up to KHII's run of Halloween Town, which is during the plot of the film, so you are correct in that regard.  I really want to see Halloween Town again in Kingdom Hearts III! D:

Yes, I believe that would be the case.  What happened in Days and Kingdom Hearts I were events leading up to KHII's run of Halloween Town, which is during the plot of the film, so you are correct in that regard.  I really want to see Halloween Town again in Kingdom Hearts III! D:

I would as well, but possibly with either a new villain, or someone added to Oogie. 

Technically the events of the films don't occur at all in the KH universe; rather, they do, but only as the self-contained plot that somehow happens to involve KH characters. Some world events are based on what happens in their movies, either loosely or more directly. Some world events are brand new plots entirely. If the film plot did happen, it would be under completely different auspices, and likely be tailored to fit the universe as it is.

Maybe if it appears in 3, we'll get something that's a more direct adaptation of the movie, who knows?

Technically the events of the films don't occur at all in the KH universe; rather, they do, but only as the self-contained plot that somehow happens to involve KH characters. Some world events are based on what happens in their movies, either loosely or more directly. Some world events are brand new plots entirely. If the film plot did happen, it would be under completely different auspices, and likely be tailored to fit the universe as it is.Maybe if it appears in 3, we'll get something that's a more direct adaptation of the movie, who knows?

Well, makes more sense. But Cinderella went as the film did (Okay, not the Pumpkin Heartless bit), so I assumed that KH 1 could possibly be BEFORE the film opened. It's also possible, if you'd like, to assume the film universe and Kh universe exist independent of each other, or alternate versions of the same place: one with Sora's visit, the other without. 

Just an idea. 

For a second there, I thought you meant Frost xD

Sometimes i'm able to talk about something besides Jack xD

Well, makes more sense. But Cinderella went as the film did (Okay, not the Pumpkin Heartless bit), so I assumed that KH 1 could possibly be BEFORE the film opened. It's also possible, if you'd like, to assume the film universe and Kh universe exist independent of each other, or alternate versions of the same place: one with Sora's visit, the other without. Just an idea.

I mean, it's certainly possible; Pride Lands played out more or less the same as the movie version, even if we don't see young Simba, Mufasa, etc. There's just the added bit of Simba being a summon for Sora in KH1.And then you have things like Stitch, where his in-between story in unknown (and could be like the movie) but his backstory (and afterstory, Hollow Bastion) is markedly different, primarily due to the introduction of Terra/Aqua/Ventus.In short, Kingdom Hearts rules basically say don't make assumptions; could be similar, could be wildly different, could be similar with a bit of KH flavor in it. Until we actually see the event happening (or are specifically told about it) it's hard to make a judgment call. Edited by BlankShell

I mean, it's certainly possible; Pride Lands played out more or less the same as the movie version, even if we don't see young Simba, Mufasa, etc. There's just the added bit of Simba being a summon for Sora in KH1.And then you have things like Stitch, where his in-between story in unknown (and could be like the movie) but his backstory (and afterstory, Hollow Bastion) is markedly different, primarily due to the introduction of Terra/Aqua/Ventus.In short, Kingdom Hearts rules basically say don't make assumptions; could be similar, could be wildly different, could be similar with a bit of KH flavor in it. Until we actually see the event happening (or are specifically told about it) it's hard to make a judgment call.

Pretty much nothing to add here: that's all to be said. 

Most of the KH concept seems to be the films are all different realities Sora changes by his presence. 

The only worlds I can think of that played out like the film were Land of Dragons and Dwarf Woodlands, but even those were changed slightly with the KH twang. 

So, In short, you could say the films don't connect to their KH world counter parts at all. 

During. It starts during the Haloween festivities and Sora leaves before Jack goes to Christmas Town.In the KH universe the Events of the movie didn't happen as they did in the movie. Jack defeats Oogie much sooner in KH but still goes to Christmas town.Oh and and about Jack beating him 3 times? if you count the movie events separate from the KH events then you have to count the events of the video game sequel to The Nightmare Before Christmas, bringing the total time Oogie got his bugs whooped top 4. But no, in the KH universe Jake does his Halloween thing beats Oogie, then gets obsessed with Christmas.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

That is how it is i believe... BUT, I do not think the writers actually thought that far into it and tried to chronologically tie it in with the "Nightmares Before christmas" film at all.... Although i think that if there is ANY explanation to what you asked... what you said would be it.. So you basically answered your own question.