Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Yelow Lanturn 15

Revenge Values in Boss fights

I have been hearing this term used by speed runners and some other KH players. But for the longest time I had no idea what they are. But today after watching a Data Battle guide by BlitzO47( I probably got his name wrong) I figured out what they are.

The Revenge value is essential a hidden damage meter that is triggered when a boss receives damage, When that meter gets full, the boss will do a automatic counter or some type of recovery move. This is done by the AI of the game to prevent bosses from getting wrecked by non-stop damage or near infinite combos.

However this is important to strategy because you can manipulate the bosses behavior and make them do a certain type of attack or even loop them!

When you meet or exceed the RV, it's called a "forced revenge" ( Ex when you hit Data axel with 2-3 combos or blizzard spells when the floor is on fire, he will always retreat into the wall and attack with a slide or pounce, allowing a Reaction comand to clear the fire). And a normal "revenge counter" where the player did not deal enough damage to fill the meter. For another ex. after the Lingering Will does his Desperation Move and you manage to block or dodge it, if you cut your combos short to 3-4, he will always do the DM.

Learning these revenge values are vital to defeating data bosses and other hard bosses. Now here are some notes I took

-Normal eniemes don't have RVs

-despite dealing minimum damage, your partners attacks ( and limits) do add to the RV

-certain types of attacks ( like Last Arcuinum with out doing the finisher) don't add RV also

Does anyone know where I can find a list of the differing Revenge Values of certain abilities and bosses? I know all this stuff about it, I just want a comprehensive list.Peace!

Once you fight a certain enemy several times you can get really easy how his revenge values work. However, this video explains it pretty well imo (turn on anotations)

Edited by Oli

Does anyone know where I can find a list of the differing Revenge Values of certain abilities and bosses? I know all this stuff about it, I just want a comprehensive list.Peace!

Abilities / bosses (it's in Japanese though). I recall someone saying normal enemies don't have RV, but I have to check that.

Edited by Ultima Spark

I appreciate the mathematical break down of each action, I'm here a few years later and know nothing basically.  But want to find out how to see how abilities and air/ground combos work.