Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
hatok

Characters You Don't Want to Die in KH3

None of them, but especially Riku and/or Terra since the fanbase has it out for them for some reason (why do "bad boys" have such a high casualty rate?). KH wrote itself into a corner for any protagonist's death to be meaningful without undoing the work it took to get them in a position to die. All this work towards saving everyone and atonement and giving folks a chance at their own existence, and you want them to be killed off again? We're this far in, so KH might as well preserve its own track record for not letting anyone die for good.

While id like to belive that sora will retain his skill knowledge from 3D, thus it should count, com doesnt count. It was the "power of the cards" that granted sora those skills. Plus, he forgot all about the damn thing. So com for sure doesn't count.

the cards are Sora's power. Nothing he learns is because of the cards

(why do "bad boys" have such a high casualty rate?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueOwVFci7Ps

the cards are Sora's power. Nothing he learns is because of the cards

If that were the case, then it would make absoulutly no sense why he cant use tornado or raging storm in kh2. He can't. Thus, unless you have a better explanation, sora used the power of the cards.

Edited by Ninkoro

If that were the case, then it would make absoulutly no sense why he cant use tornado or raging storm in kh2. He can't. Thus, unless you have a better explanation, sora used the power of the cards.

sora forgot his abilities during his sleep

but the magic system was based on elements, not commands

it's still one of sora's innate abilities

sora forgot his abilities during his sleep

but the magic system was based on elements, not commands

it's still one of sora's innate abilities

But if level 1 14yo sora would quickly learn these skills (He was also reset in COM), then why wouldn't 15yo sora?

It was the cards. Sora's a street fighter, he don't know no professional skills innately.

But if level 1 14yo sora would quickly learn these skills (He was also reset in COM), then why wouldn't 15yo sora?

It was the cards. Sora's a street fighter, he don't know no professional skills innately.

because KH2's gameplay called for something else

they have magic you can upgrade not specific commands

just because he doesn't use something doesn't mean he can't

all of sora's cards are based on abilities he has for a reason. They're a manifestation of his power

key word "HIS"

because KH2's gameplay called for something else

they have magic you can upgrade not specific commands

just because he doesn't use something doesn't mean he can't

all of sora's cards are based on abilities he has for a reason. They're a manifestation of his power

key word "HIS"

No, we're taking abilities literal here, like we've done since the Roxas vs Ventus post. Gameplay mechanics are irreverent here.

So, no, KH2 sora had only basic elemental magic. No combos, no improvisation, no advanced manipulation, fire was fire. Blizzard was Blizzard. He couldn't use FIraga burst or mega flare. The only excuse is the cards gave young sora the power or knowledge to use vast skills.

No, we're taking abilities literal here, like we've done since the Roxas vs Ventus post. Gameplay mechanics are irreverent here.

So, no, KH2 sora had only basic elemental magic. No combos, no improvisation, no advanced manipulation, fire was fire. Blizzard was Blizzard. He couldn't use FIraga burst or mega flare. The only excuse is the cards gave young sora the power or knowledge to use vast skills.

the cards are Sora's power, that's that

and if gameplay mechanics are irrelevant, wy are you limiting yourself to just basic magic, when that's a gameplay limitation?

the cards are Sora's power, that's that

and if gameplay mechanics are irrelevant, wy are you limiting yourself to just basic magic, when that's a gameplay limitation?

Because it wasn't a gameplay limitation. They could have easily allowed Sora to unlock stronger skills when in drive forms or maybe post-game. But they didn't.

I can see we won't be able to agree. Let's just agree to disagree and leave this post alone since this is faaaar off topic.

Because it wasn't a gameplay limitation. They could have easily allowed Sora to unlock stronger skills when in drive forms or maybe post-game. But they didn't.

I can see we won't be able to agree. Let's just agree to disagree and leave this post alone since this is faaaar off topic.

boop

I really hope Riku doesn't die.

He's always been the one who would take the bullet in order to protect his friends

like in KH2 where he push Sora away from Xemnas only to get injured really bad.

He always believed that strength is important in order to protect what matters :(

I DUNNO

I JUST DONT WANT ANY OF THEM TO GO AWAY.

; ________________________________________ ;

Edited by gingienator

While id like to belive that sora will retain his skill knowledge from 3D, thus it should count, com doesnt count. It was the "power of the cards" that granted sora those skills. Plus, he forgot all about the damn thing. So com for sure doesn't count.

He's going to get those memories back. He may have already, Nomura kind of implied that it happened when Roxas rejoined with him "When Sora and Kairi rejoined with Roxas and Namine many things where connected." Besides, he has to loose his skills for game play reasons, The Command menu doesn't world with Slights or Command Deck skills, the story reasons are only there to justify starting back from level one. If where talking about the game itself the Ven won't have all his skills either, only a few, just like Lingering Will or Armored Ventus Nightmare. If we're talking about outside the game where the limitations of game play don't exist like we should be then all character should have all skills they've ever used. You can't only use the skills that are in KH3 as justification that Ven is stronger because we have no idea what skills he'll retain. For all we know he could just be limited to basic attacks and magic with a few abilities like Fire Raid. He's been asleep for over a decade, he's going to be rusty. Edited by Isamu_Kuno

He's going to get those memories back. He may have already, Nomura kind of implied that it happened when Roxas rejoined with him "When Sora and Kairi rejoined with Roxas and Namine many things where connected." Besides, he has to loose his skills for game play reasons, the story reasons are only there to justify starting back from level one. if where talking about the games itself the Ven won't have all his skills either, only a few, just like Lingering Will. If we're talking about outside the game where the limitations of game play don't exist like we should be then yeah all character should have all skills they've ever used.

Wait, are you talking about the roxas rejoining in kh2 or kh3d? in 2 definitely no, no one remembered COM, hence recoded. In 3d idk it looked more or less like he just gained all of Roxas' memories.

In this hypothetical fight debate, I'm taking mechanics as literal. It doesn't really matter anyways, opinions are opinions right? Cast your vote, who will win the "Fight for the blonde spikey hair" match? Sidenote: No, cloud isn't included. Sorry.

Wait, are you talking about the roxas rejoining in kh2 or kh3d? in 2 definitely no, no one remembered COM, hence recoded. In 3d idk it looked more or less like he just gained all of Roxas' memories.In this hypothetical fight debate, I'm taking mechanics as literal. It doesn't really matter anyways, opinions are opinions right? Cast your vote, who will win the "Fight for the blonde spikey hair" match? Sidenote: No, cloud isn't included. Sorry.

Riku, Mickey, Namine Axel/Lea and DiZ remembered, it was only Sora Donald and Goofy who had their memories suppressed. Re:Coded's purpose was to inform Mickey that his three missing friends are connected to Sora and that he is the key to restoring them. It had nothing to do with the memories of CoM Castle Oblivion was only there because 1. That's where Namine was born and 2. Because they where exploring the first journal which was where the events of CoM where recorded. If you take mechanics as literal, then you can't accurately judge their capabilities because mechanics change for game to game, especially since we know KH3 is going back to the command menu with will significantly limit the power of all playable characters. Basically your saying Ven is stronger because BbS had a different battle system which isn't a fair comparison. They build the game they always put more in than the final product can hold and thenot cut it down. For exaple, igiven that sora was in Valor and Wisdom in that private trailer last year, the fact that he says they'really "being considered" for KH3 and rhe fact that the fundimental gameplay is already done, it's a safe bet that Drive Forms are in the current build of the game and that the reason Nomura won't give a difinitive "yes" or "no" is because he isn't sure himself if they'll be able to be kept in the final product. If it can't it'll take all of two seconds to write and record a line saying that it was a power specific to the clothes and not Sora himself. Obviously that is a bit of an exaggeration but the point is it doesn't take much world to explain why a game play mechanic is absent.As for Ven vs Roxas, just like Sora and Ven they'd be more or less even because Roxas would have all of Sora's skills. Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Riku, Mickey, Namine Axel/Lea and DiZ remembered, it was only Sora Donald and Goofy who had their memories suppressed. Re:Coded's purpose was to inform Mickey that his three missing friends are connected to Sora and that he is the key to restoring them. It had nothing to do with the memories of CoM Castle Oblivion was only there because 1. That's where Namine was born and 2. Because they where exploring the first journal which was where the events of CoM where recorded.If you take mechanics as literal, then you can't accurately judge their capabilities because mechanics change for game to game, especially since we know KH3 is going back to the command menu with will significantly limit the power of all playable characters. When they build the game they always put more in than the final product can hold and thenot cut it down. For exaple, igiven that sora was in Valor and Wisdom in that privarte trailer last year, the fact that he says they'really "being considered" for KH3 and rhe fact that the fundimental gameplay is already done, it's a safe bet that Drive Forms are in the current build of the game and that the reason Nomura won't give a difinitive "yes" or "no" is because he isn't sure himself if they'll be able to be kept in the final product. If it can't it'll take all of two seconds to write and record a line saying that it was a power specific to the clothes and not Sora himself. Obviously that is a bit of an exaggeration but the point is it doesn't take much world to explain why a game play mechanic is absent.As for Ven vs Roxas, just like Sora and Ven they'd be more or less even because Roxas would have all of Sora's skills.

Er, right, blonde moment there, Lol. Everyone else remembers, but Sora doesn't.

But KH3 isn't entirley, Sora will have powerful skills such as keyblade transformations which will showcase his mastery of the keyblade (even though he isn't a master)

That's why I said cast your vote. It's anyones opinion on who'd win, there's no absolute.

Er, right, blonde moment there, Lol. Everyone else remembers, but Sora doesn't.But KH3 isn't entirley, Sora will have powerful skills such as keyblade transformations which will showcase his mastery of the keyblade (even though he isn't a master)That's why I said cast your vote. It's anyones opinion on who'd win, there's no absolute.

As I said, KH3 will have the Command menu, which means that Command Deck skills won't apply, only basic attacks and magic, so even if Sora doesn't forget 3D and the story says he still has access to those skills, he'll be handicapped into not being able to use them. That's why I was hoping for a hybrid system effectively allowing you to have two command decks, one for melee and one for magic. That's a good point, even using gameplay limitations Ven may have advanced magic, but he never learned how to transform into anything other than a Glider.So if Ven has, D-Links, Shotlocks, Command Styles, and advanced attack and magic commands And Sora, and by extension Roxas because they share abilities has, Summons, Flowmotion, Attraction Flow, Keyblade Transformation but basic attacks and magicI'd have to say Roxas. Ben may be fast, but Flowmotion gives Roxas more maneuverability, Summons effectively allow him to have an ally on the field while even using D-links is still only one person and Keyblade Transformations and Attraction Flow are just crazy strong. Edited by Isamu_Kuno

As I said, KH3 will have the Command menu, which means that Command Deck skills won't apply, only basic attacks and magic, so even if Sora doesn't forget 3D and the story says he still has access to those skills, he'll be handicapped into not being able to use them. That's why I was hoping for a hybrid system effectively allowing you to have two command decks, one for melee and one for magic.That's a good point, even using gameplay limitations Ven may have advanced magic, but he never learned how to transform into anything other than a Glider.So if Ven has, D-Links, Shotlocks, Command Styles, and advanced attack and magic commandsAnd Sora, and by extension Roxas because they share abilities has, Summons, Flowmotion, Attraction Flow, Keyblade Transformation but basic attacks and magicI'd have to say Roxas. Ben may be fast, but Flowmotion gives Roxas more maneuverability, Summons effectively allow him to have an ally on the field while even using D-links is still only one person and Keyblade Transformations and Attraction Flow are just crazy strong.

That would've been good idea, I hope Nomura will have some creative way of implementing Sora's new melee skills with keeping the old KH2 style of commands.

Yeah hands down if Roxas was still around and had KH3 Sora's skills, he'd kill Ven. But Roxas as he is in KH2/Days I'd have to side with ven. It really all depends on what timeframe you take these two characters from, since as of yet they aren't both "fight ready" in the same timeframe. Though, that could change in KH3.

That would've been good idea, I hope Nomura will have some creative way of implementing Sora's new melee skills with keeping the old KH2 style of commands. Yeah hands down if Roxas was still around and had KH3 Sora's skills, he'd kill Ven. But Roxas as he is in KH2/Days I'd have to side with ven. It really all depends on what timeframe you take these two characters from, since as of yet they aren't both "fight ready" in the same timeframe. Though, that could change in KH3.

Exactly my point, the only way to judge them fairly without completely dismissingone game play limitations would be to use them as how they would be in KHZ becaus, as you said, that would be the only time they could fight each other. Ben is just lucky he needs his heart to wake up, if Roxas was reborn before Ben woke, and Ven somehow was able to wake it out it, Roxas would have his heart and therefore both his and Sora's skills, including Synch Blade

Exactly my point, the only way to judge them fairly without completely dismissingone game play limitations would be to use them as how they would be in KHZ becaus, as you said, that would be the only time they could fight each other. Ben is just lucky he needs his heart to wake up, if Roxas was reborn before Ben woke, and Ven somehow was able to wake it out it, Roxas would have his heart and therefore both his and Sora's skills, including Synch Blade

Yeah you're right. The only way I could see Roxas coming back now though is if he could temporarily take over Sora's body. The opposite of an anti-form comes to mind, honestly. That'd be sick if Roxas was a drive form.

You said Ben instead of Ven. Just saying.

You said Ben instead of Ven. Just saying.

My phone doesn't recognize Ven as a name. It always wants to correct it to Ben. I usually catch it but I guess just missed that one.

Yeah you're right. The only way I could see Roxas coming back now though is if he could temporarily take over Sora's body. The opposite of an anti-form comes to mind, honestly. That'd be sick if Roxas was a drive form.

It's called Final Form. But Roxas will return as a real person. Otherwise what was the point of him appearing in BbS, Re:coded and 3D, or of Lea getting a Keyblade? Edited by Isamu_Kuno

My phone doesn't recognize Ven as a name. It always wants to correct it to Ben. I usually catch it but I guess just missed that one.It's called Final Form.

I meant opposite as in Sora was once a heartless, so he temperarilly becomes a heartless. While he was once a nobody, so he temporarily becomes a nobody. I know canonically Final form is anti's opposite, and it represents nobodies, but Sora isn't actually becoming a nobody, you know?

Though I guess you could argue he isn't a heartless in anti form either. Either way, Roxas is apart of Sora now. The only way I could see him coming back is if he can temporarily take over Sora's body. Either that, or Sora truley becomes both Sora and Roxas, having his memories and feelings for Xion and Axel.

I meant opposite as in Sora was once a heartless, so he temperarilly becomes a heartless. While he was once a nobody, so he temporarily becomes a nobody. I know canonically Final form is anti's opposite, and it represents nobodies, but Sora isn't actually becoming a nobody, you know?Though I guess you could argue he isn't a heartless in anti form either. Either way, Roxas is apart of Sora now. The only way I could see him coming back is if he can temporarily take over Sora's body. Either that, or Sora truley becomes both Sora and Roxas, having his memories and feelings for Xion and Axel.

Final Form represent Roxas specifically, and Roxas Form will never be a thing because Drive Forms only change Clothes and Battle style not the body. And Nomura said "Lea wants to bring his friends back, I figured it'd be kind of hard for him to do that with just his Chakrams right?" And with Sora looking for "The Key to Return Hearts" it's pretty much confirmed Roxas is coming back as Roxas. Edited by Isamu_Kuno