Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Karasu3

Why I think Luxu is Eraqus and vice versa

So, I was re-watching the latest 2.8 trailer, and one thing caught my attention most out of the entire video: Luxu's voice.  As soon as I heard it, I immediately knew I had heard it before, but it took me a few moments to figure it out.  Now, it could always be just a huge coincidence, but my mind went to Young Eraqus in the KH3 E3 2015 trailer.  So, I searched up the trailer and watched it, listening carefully.  I replayed both clips from 2.8 and III and have come to the decision that the voices sound identical.  So, as I said, it could all be just a coincidence, but here me out on what I have started to piece together.

So, when I came to the conclusion that the two voices were the same, I started to think about the conversation Eraqus and Xehanort have while they play chess:

Xehanort: "Have you heard of the ancient Keyblade War?"

Eraqus: "Yeah, the MASTERS favorite story." (Now, he could be talking about his current master, but I feel like there was a deeper meaning behind him saying that).

Xehanort: "So...you KNOW the Lost Masters? They're the one's who started the Keyblade War." (It almost seems like Xehanort is trying to get Eraqus to slip up and admit a potential truth.  Assuming my theory would be correct).

Eraqus: "Never heard of 'em." (It sounds like Eraqus is trying to play it off here, but you can tell right away that he is lying).

Xehanort: "You can drop the FACADE." (It's clear that Xehanort knows something through this statement).

Now, of course, Eraqus and Xehanort could have learned about the Keyblade War and the Lost Masters through there master and through ancient texts and such, but I have to wonder: Was Eraqus actually there?  The voice similarity aside, it makes sense to me how he could be Luxu for this reason: Eraqus was always very adamant about making sure that darkness was completely obliterated.  Now, what could have made him feel so strongly about darkness and what it does to people's hearts?  Could he have seen something drastic happen in his past?  Could he have witnessed the Keyblade War and what darkness did to the hearts of the people of Daybreak Town?  He says at the end of the KHIII trailer (to Xehanort): "Who's to say I can't change it?  And maybe light will prevail.  There is more to light than meets the eye.  You might be surprised."  Now, why would he say something like that?  How would he know so much about light?  Could he have seen Kingdom Hearts emerging at the Keyblade Graveyard?  Could it have been a moment like when Sora experiences the light of Kingdom Hearts at the end of the first game?  And to add on top of that, Luxu (despite not becoming a foreteller), is probably a Keyblade Master.  He has been seen with the Keyblade that Xehanort will one day possess.  How did it get to where Eraqus and Xehanort are?  Could it have been their masters?  Or did Eraqus bring it into the future with him after he inherited it from his true Master?  Luxu said that his job was to watch the events of the war unfold and then traverse into the future.  So, could he have acquired a new identity and taken up a new apprenticeship in that future?

Anyhow, i'm still brewing over my thoughts and ideas, so this is in no way a complete theory, but I thought I would toss it out there anyway.  What are your guys' thoughts about this possibility?

Edit: Another thing I have noticed is that the zipper on Luxu's coat has the same symbol that is seen on Eraqus's armor (As well as Aqua/Terra/Ven's).

Edited by Karasu3

I don't see a lot of evidence to back this up. In fact Birth by Sleep almost entirely discredits it as Master Eraqus' actions went against the goals that Luxu has been tasked with accomplishing. Luxu was assigned to ensure the foretold events of the future would come to pass. Assuming Eraqus was Luxu, why would he so adamantly fight against Xehanort's attempts to forge the X-blade and spark the second Keyblade War.

In the context of the whole conversation, it's pretty clear they're talking about the Book of Prophecies and fate it foretold. Xehanort even quotes the passage directly. We know that Eraqus was chosen and groomed to be the successor of Land of Departure, it makes sense that he would be given that information. It's quite plain that it was information that only Eraqus was supposed to know (the forbidden knowledge as ordained by the "precepts"). So, of course, Eraqus was going to play it off. Xehanort obviously found out in a roundabout way and was simply calling Eraqus out on his lie.

It seems more likely Luxu/ MoM were Xehanort and Eraqus' master. Especially when you see how Eraqus was molded to parallel the Fortellers's role and Xehanort was molded to parallel Luxu's role.

I don't see a lot of evidence to back this up. In fact Birth by Sleep almost entirely discredits it as Master Eraqus' actions went against the goals that Luxu has been tasked with accomplishing. Luxu was assigned to ensure the foretold events of the future would come to pass. Assuming Eraqus was Luxu, why would he so adamantly fight against Xehanort's attempts to forge the X-blade and spark the second Keyblade War.

In the context of the whole conversation, it's pretty clear they're talking about the Book of Prophecies and fate it foretold. Xehanort even quotes the passage directly. We know that Eraqus was chosen and groomed to be the successor of Land of Departure, it makes sense that he would be given that information. It's quite plain that it was information that only Eraqus was supposed to know (the forbidden knowledge as ordained by the "precepts"). So, of course, Eraqus was going to play it off. Xehanort obviously found out in a roundabout way and was simply calling Eraqus out on his lie.

It seems more likely Luxu/ MoM were Xehanort and Eraqus' master. Especially when you see how Eraqus was molded to parallel the Fortellers's role and Xehanort was molded to parallel Luxu's role.

I do see your points, as I said, it was only an idea that sparked in my head. However, I don't know how I feel about Xehanort and Luxu having a connection because (going off of the vibes of the trailer), it appears that Luxu doesn't want to do what he has to do, and is more concerned about the fates of the foretellers. That doesn't sound like something Xehanort would ever do, and therefore I could not see Luxu even being so much as his master. And who's to say that Luxu does not change his mind down the road somewhere about how he feels about the war and "predestined" events. We don't exactly know yet what happened for sure during that time. But it could really go either way. I like your thoughts, but anything can still happen.

Although the theory might not be 100% I'm positive the VA for Luxu and Young Eraqus are the same.  They are both voiced by Kyle McCarley so there has to be a connection between the two  

Edited by Celym

Although the theory might not be 100% I'm positive the VA for Luxu and Young Eraqus are the same.  They are both voiced by Kyle McCarley so there has to be a connection between the two

Since when was it confirmed Kyle McCarley was Eraqus? I thought it was Drake Bell?

Since when was it confirmed Kyle McCarley was Eraqus? I thought it was Drake Bell?

I guess it hasn't been confirmed but I know the voice check out clips from the dub of Durarara x2 McCarley voices a character named Aoba and you'll see.  Again the point is though regardless if it's McCarley or Drake Bell (which I doubt) Luxu and Young Eqarus have the same VA, check the trailers.

You really can't tell anything from the dub voices. Watch the Japanese clips instead, if they are intended to sound similar or have a connection, that is where it will be heard. Nomura is more involved with the actual Japanese development team that the ENG localization team so he can ensure the Japanese voices fit his vision more easily that the ENG voices.
Also, look at the top of Luxu's zipper. It's the Unversed emblem atop a bladed shape, not the mark on TAV and Eraqus clothes.

200px-Unversedlogo.pngtumblr_o8l6q8CrvD1sd70n5o1_400.png64px-Symbol_-_Keyblade_Master.png

Edited by Isamu Kuno

I can agree, Young Eraqus and Luxu's voice are nearly identical sounding. But also...

That last line, "But you knew that, didn't you?" had me thinking... Eraqus seems pretty close to his Master, and Xehanort seems suspicious of this, like he's been observing their relationship for quite a while. Just by looking at the scene with MoM and Luxu in the 2.8 trailer, what if Master of Masters is Eraqus and Xehanort's Master, and Luxu is Eraqus? If not Eraqus, then someone related to him. Xehanort's line shows us that Eraqus has been hiding something, and his secret "watch the world perish" relationship with his Master was the secret perhaps? There are still lots to think about, and this could be or could not be true, but I have a gut feeling.

Luxu could either be Eraqus himself, if not, more likely someone related to Eraqus in some way.

Edited by Moochieh32