Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
NihonScribe

Voice Actor James Woods Confirms work on Kingdom Hearts III

I wonder why tensions were high between Williams and Disney around then? I heard that apparently they had some issues and whatnot!

Well, initially, it was because they used his name to market the film, since the Genie was the breakout character of the movie & was getting a lot of attention, from what I understand. Williams & Disney actually had a written agreement that he'd be in the film as long as they didn't use him in the film's advertising. Disney went back on that agreement, so Williams didn't wanna come back for anything they produced in the future. Enter Dan Castellaneta. When King of Thieves was in production, amends had been made & so Williams actually rerecorded the dialogue Castellaneta recorded already for the movie. After that, something else happened that I don't know about apparently, so he didn't come back to the role at any point for the remainder of his life. Either that, or the wounds were only bandaged long enough to get him to record for the movie & nothing else. Either way, backstabbing for money is why.

Well, initially, it was because they used his name to market the film, since the Genie was the breakout character of the movie & was getting a lot of attention, from what I understand. Williams & Disney actually had a written agreement that he'd be in the film as long as they didn't use him in the film's advertising. Disney went back on that agreement, so Williams didn't wanna come back for anything they produced in the future. Enter Dan Castellaneta. When King of Thieves was in production, amends had been made & so Williams actually rerecorded the dialogue Castellaneta recorded already for the movie. After that, something else happened that I don't know about apparently, so he didn't come back to the role at any point for the remainder of his life. Either that, or the wounds were only bandaged long enough to get him to record for the movie & nothing else. Either way, backstabbing for money is why.

Dang, that's quite the complicated and strained situation, and all because of money and profit and whatnot. That's just sad, ya know?