Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
HeartOfFerria

Roleplay Prologue: The Hunt for Captian Greyhawk.

Eclaire tapped off her comm and headed over. Sliding in, she wrinkled her nose. Most of these men were the scum of the station, a few were the 'royalty' and the rest...well...the type that she nearly twisted the arm off of.

"Don't touch me." She beamed, tilting her head. With her free hand, she adjusted her glasses, which made the glare shift. "Or you'll be called Felicia." Tossing him lightly back, she turned and headed for the door. Jake was probably around here somewhere, so...she walked right up to the back room.

"Password." the curt voice made a statement. Eclaire frowned, biting her lip.

"Please?"

The door clicked, and opened to admit her.

Well...that...was easy.

@Endless Thundaga
Jake simply watches as he sees not someone come out but Eclaire walk in.

@Saber Lily
The interior of the backroomappears to be a long hallway, full of many of the rooms. The figure who let Eclaire in looked at her. He wasnt anything to powerful, a simple human. Only a club at his side for when things got bad but it was clear that it had no seen no use whatsoever. He folded his arms as he looked at her. “Well, what are you lookin for? Anything special miss?” He was treating her like a customer.

Edited by HeartOfFerria

Jake notices a hooded figure walk in and asks for “the usual”. This causes the pilot to raise an eyebrow. He pulls out the device to communicate to his crew. “I think I might have found him. Stay put, I don’t want to create a scene and possibly catch the wrong person.”

As he looks around the room, he notices Eclaire walking in. Jake immediately got up out of his seat. No, no, no! She shouldn’t go in there! He runs to the door, catching it just in time. He opens it back up and quickly but gently grabs Eclaire’s arm. He looks up to the figure talking to her. “Sorry, she’s with me sir. Probably was searching for me and got a little lost. Apologies for disturbing you.”

Tibarn cocked an eyebrow at the bartender and leaned in.  "That's generally why someone comes into a bar, yes."  Little did she have to know that it wasn't his sole intent. The brunet noticed a few things about his surroundings, one being that the Yian-Ti waiting on him seemed to be on edge and glancing at someone behind him.  His guess was that it was the hooded figure or one of his affiliates, but he wasn't going to turn around to show that he was on to anything.  He heard Daniel's familiar voice alongside him and realized that the psychic followed him.  Good.

For the most part everyone seemed to be having a good time.  It was loud, drinks were plentiful, and laughter carried itself decently throughout the entire bar.  This was nicer than some of the outlets that Tibarn had been to, except for the Yian-Ti and the fact that there were probably at least a handful of people in the room interested in killing them.  Tibarn idly traced a finger on the countertop, eyeing the bartender serving him.  "So, do you have a name, O' Fair One?"

@Mystic Apprentice and ScrapMaster

The Yian-Ti at the bar sighs, looking at the Flayer once more, before pouring a whiskey for Daniel ban then turning to Tibarn. "Whose asking?" she crossed her arms. Her skin was tanned and her eyes were orange and reptilian. Her hair was long and pitch black, her silken clothes shined with a deep purple.

@Endless Thundaga

The Human glares at you "Oi! Get outta here!" He reached for the club at his side. He didn't look too willing to use it, but brandished it none the less. it was his job after all, to keep out trespassers

Edited by HeartOfFerria

Feeling slighted by Solomond and the others for their not responding to her detailed report, Adamina huffed and stormed off, concluding that, if nobody was going to listen, she had to work on it herself.  Like many young Lofts, she was not shy to take action herself if the need, or the desire, arose, and arise the desire did.  It would not prove her any harm, after all.  A little snooping, a little secrecy, and only the slightest trace of risk, and she would return with concrete evidence of Greyhawk's whereabouts.  That would be worth it all, and maybe an added bonus.

With this thought process in both minds, she merged with the crowds of onlookers and traders again, slipping ever closer to the suite until she stopped just outside of the building.

Now, how to infiltrate, she thought to herself, analysing the situation before her.

Edited by Vaude

“Adamina hold on! Where are you going!” Solomond exclaimed, making it clear he was tracking his allies comms. “I havent checked throught the suites yet. They are all under heavy lock to get through to their cameras.” He failed to mention to thr loft what he was doing, deciding to just get to work.

The thief watched as the Yian-Ti filled his partner's drink, admiring her sleek black locks and how they swayed with her movement.  She was rather pretty for a reptilian woman, though Tibarn didn't think he'd be able to get over those eyes anytime soon.

A slight motion.  What was that?  Tibarn sat up straighter in his seat, watching as the bartender extended the drink to Daniel.  Was she onto them?  Did she know Tibarn was involved?  It took all his energy to pay attention to the Yian-Ti alone, forcing himself not to glance in Daniel's direction.  A playful grin crossed his face as he propped his elbow onto the bar, resting his cheek in his open palm as she asked her question.

"Me," he said simply, as though that should be all that mattered.  When she glanced back over toward the flayer he reached out and lightly brushed her hand with a forefinger.  "Hey, why are you so uptight?  You look as though something's going to bite you."

Daniel, Tibarn thought desperately, noticing the psychic from his peripheral vision, Don't drink it.  Please don't drink.  Whether Daniel would hear him above all the noise he didn't know.  It still puzzled him on how all this psychic stuff worked.

Adamina paused, hearing the buzzing of Solomond's com-chatter in her ear.  The merchant man must have no longer been away, it seems, and while she was still annoyed with the lack of direction from earlier, and for walking all the way to the suite to talk her out of going into the suite, she listened to what he had to say.  The place was fortified with cameras aplenty, it seemed, and hacking proved difficult for Solomond in this situation.  Greyhawk was a cautious man, or at the very least his fellow businessmen.

"So what do you propose I do?" she responded curtly, eyeing the situation at hand with sharp eyes.  She was ill-fitted for breaking into a place fitted with cameras, though the building itself seemed scalable, especially if the scaling individual was able to fly.  "I can scout the outside, but that's the most I can do on my own.  If you can hack or loop some cameras, that would help out enough for me to enter the building.  I brought my staff, so I can pop open an air vent midflight and crawl in like that on an unfrequented floor."

Eclaire smiled sweetly at the man. "Mm...whose the most popular, that all the guys seem to like b-" she yelped, tail going bushy, ears straight when Jake grabbed her arm. She looked at him, eyes wide behind her glasses.

"S-Silas!" She was going to say sir, but picked to a random name. She frowned lightly. "..." She turned to the man. "Maybe next time...H-hes my...brother, sorry." She waved the man off, turning. "Next time just say mom needs me." She pouted, tail flicking. "Let's go." She growled, acting all pouty. "Sorry to bother you, sir." She let Jake pull her away.

"What the hell?" She hissed quietly. "I know how they work, I can find info. I heard you, but do you really need me when I'm this close?"

@Mystics Apprentice

She keeps her arms crossed, staring at him through her reptilian eyes “its Eva. Can I get you anything? If not I will have to ask you to leave. This bar is for paying customers only” she growls. The Yian Ti seemed to be unwilling to relax. Her job appeared to come first. She appeared Loyal.

@Vaude

“Id say wait for the others to come back you up or if your feeling brave, go for thr air vent. But remember that once you’re in I think I may lose contact with you. Its a dangerous mission but I will respect your judgment.

@Saber Lily and Thundaga

The human seemed to relax upon the customer’s explination, he nods and backs up from the two but not before answering Eclaire’s question. “Our most popular is Vala, the Syndri* she is currently unavaliable however...”

*Syndri are basicaly Tieflings and Assimar. Which are half demonic humans and half angelic humans respectivly however I decided to bundle them together into just two subtypes of the same race here. Ill provide and example of each

post-77812-0-09891900-1530747018_thumb.jpeg

post-77812-0-07074900-1530747026_thumb.jpeg

Edited by HeartOfFerria

The comlink went silent as Solomond offered his advice on the situation.  Adamina took one last glance at the building, torn as to what to do, before emitting a huff.  From the sounds of it, there would be no backup, and it was unwise to break and enter without the aid of a team should things go south.  She was a mercenary first and foremost, and a medic second, and both mindsets of hers screamed that she needed to bide her time in this situation.

Turning away from the building, at least for the moment, she paced her way towards the closest location she knew of so far:  the tavern known as Serpent's Envy.  With the luck of this crew, either Tibarn or Daniel or even both would end up in a drunken bar fight and need medical attention.  An on-site medic may be needed before they bleed out too much, or get sent to a crooked hospital where they would almost certainly die.

"Stupid men and their stupid bar fights," she muttered under her breath, already concluding that this was bound to happen.  "I'll need to take stock on my medkits before they take every roll of gauze and bandage in them and leave me only with the tourniquets."

(Tibarn actually already offered money and placed an order for a drink when he first approached the bar, but let's just pretend that didn't happen and move on, perhaps)

Tibarn scrunched up his face and leaned away from the bar, shaking his head.  He appeared wounded.  "Why is it always the same with you lovely ones?" he groaned.  "It's always about the business.  And the money--the money!  Doesn't anyone value true genuine dialogue these days?"

He slid a few credits across the bar in Eva's direction.  "A mojito, please, Eva dear.  And that is a lovely name, might I add.  Means 'full of life,' if I remember right, which it seems that you live up to."  He offered her a wink.  "So tell me, Eva: you like working here?  Do the people treat you well?"

He had to get her to start talking, though he didn't know if it would do any good.  She was so uptight and nervous, and she seemed about ready to spit in his face if he kept this up.  If this didn't work he thought that he may have to snatch Daniel by the arm again and try to inquire elsewhere.  However, he knew that this bartender knew something, and he was bound and determined to get it out of her.

Daniel watched Tibarn and the bartender in their conversation, full of distrust and tension as Tibarn looked genuinely terrified at the thought of Daniel drinking his whiskey, something Daniel caught on through their mind link, choosing to inspect the glass of whiskey in his hand before putting it back onto the table.

The conversation wasn't progressing well, that much was sure. Though Daniel was hoping Tibarn would turn it around. "Things not going as you'd expect I see." Daniel commented telepathicaly to Tibarn as he looked around the bar, "Want me to try mind reading? Or at least make her more talkable?" He asked.

Eclaire paused, then looked over at the man. "Mmm...she always busy...? She have a thing for scoundrels then?" She asked, tugging back at the man pulling her away. "Might need to shell out a bit more this time." She grinned. If she was unavailable...they might be lucky. Or...off track. 

Who knows.

@Vaude

Solomond patiently continued to work through what security systems he could. “I am definitly not the man for this job.” He grumbles as he watches over everyones comms, feeding them information. “This may take me about 4 hours... lets hope we get another lead before then, Id rather not have you guys go into this place... even if it is our best bet.”

@Mystic and Scrap

Eva gets to work on the mojito. Her eyes every now and then going to Daniel’s drink, noticing he wasnt drinking it. She seemed concerned. “Yeah, The place is fine, its good money, you get respect, overall its a pretty nice gig, what of it? Looking for a job? I doubt the boss would hire you...”

As Daniel peers into his drink he can see that it is slightly discolored.

@Saber Lily

“Not always, just is right now.” He replies “should be free this evening if you plan to return”

"Well, at least the folks here respect you," Tibarn responded casually, taking an opportunity to steal a glance around the room.  Everything seemed relatively normal for a bar setting presently; he wasn't too concerned about an unexpected attack.  "And nah, I wasn't looking for a job as much as curious if you wanted one."  He gave her a wink, smirk stretching one corner of his mouth.

There was a chance that she'd tamper with his drink as well, and thus he chose that he would play it safe and not drink it either.  Besides, he'd had plenty of liquor already earlier that day; anymore and Adamina would likely rip him a new one.

Yes, please, Tibarn responded to Daniel telepathically.  Work your magic; just don't let her know that we're together.

Adamina, after hitting the off switch on her side of the comms, sighed loudly before she slipped through the bustling crowds.  What a wild goose chase that was, made even more not fun because of going through the crowd selling offal amulets and potions made of rare or impossible creatures for exorbitant prices.  One seller tried pawning off to her a ring made from a sandworm's tooth, as well as crysknives of great value if they were real, but were obvious forgeries.  The stagnant white gave the articles away where the real deal would have held a milky glow.  How did she know that?  She smuggled crysknives and other worm-tooth articles in her third stint in mercenary work.  Too bad three of her fellow smugglers were caught during a blockade and they lost eighty percent of their merchandise, elsewise they all would have been handsomely rich.

Moving on through the street's many markets, she finally reached it, the Serpent's Envy.  Upon entering and getting past the bouncer, she quickly recalled why she did not care for her last bar encounter:  she really, really hated snakes.  The Yian-ti was serpentine to a fault to her, and she wished they kept closer relations to humans than they did to their ophidian natures, but, when great effort was invested in a namesake and genetic pedigree, this was a common result.

Oozing between many of the patrons of mottled drunkenness, she found her way to Tibarn and Daniel's left at the bar table, scooching her way onto a stool and waiting patiently to be served.  One mind's eye was on them and the cocktail waitress.  The other was discerning what to drink from a brief check-in on the drink list.

Edited by Vaude

As Jake gets Eclaire out of the back room, he whispers to her. “It’s not about distrust Eclaire. It’s the fact that we’re in a brothel. You’re just eye candy to these people.” A random man eyeballs Eclaire, to which Jake notices. “What the are you looking at? Get back to drinking your misery away.” The man was quick to look away, clearly intimidated by the pilot. Jake looks back to Eclaire. “See what I mean? And secondly, there are brothels out there that kidnap stray women and force them into this labor, it’s disgusting.” He finds a seat for we cannot cause a scene. If Greyhawk visits here frequently, he probably has allies here that will defend him, and us gathering intel here will raise some eyebrows.”

Noticing a blueprint of the brothel, he reads it, noticing that there are no exits other then the entrance. He points to the door. “Greyhawk can only exit through there. There is no other way out of this place. Supposedly, he is wearing a hood.”

(Sorry for the huge delay)

"Alrighty then." Daniel responded to Tibarn's request telephaticaly, without averting his gaze from his drink, which seemed rather discolored, too bad he liked his drinks with color, so he wasn't about to drink it anytime soon. Lightly tapping the counter to catch the bartender's attention. 

As soon as the woman would turn her attention to Daniel, she'd meet with his eyes looking at her, rather warmly and gently as he'd then speak to her. "You look rather...tense, surely you can relax a bit when in good company?" Daniel's eyes would glow only in her vision, and no one else's as he was linking with her mind, and rigging it somewhat to calm her down, and well... apply some mental truth serum per say.

If all went well she'd feel rather stange at first, but not notice anything major, but the next time Tibarn or Daniel would speak to her, she'd say the truth and only the truth to them. Including any information they'd want.

@Serpents Envy

Eva had gone over to the newly seated loft, seemingly done with Tibarn. She awaited her order until Daniel began to get her attention, thats when she locked eyes with him and she swayed a bit, almost about to fall but she caught herself. She looked rather confused by what happened. However this confusion would turn to horror in a moment as Daniel would soon hear a horrifying clicking noise before a slimy tentacle rested on his shoulder, the noise escalated into what appeared to be a screech that reverberated in his mind. he realized that the flayer was drawing closer to his head. It was actually attempting to consume him, right here, in the middle of the bar. Its tentacles grasping at his head and neck. The flayer drew closer and prepared to hungerly lobotomize the psyker.

@Rose’s Grace

As Jake looked at the map he noticed something was a miss about it, as if it was cut off at incorrect angles to seemingly hide parts of the building from him. For a shady place like this it wasnt unusual. Just uncommon.

Edited by HeartOfFerria

Eclaire was about to argue, but she couldn't. He was right. Even if she was perfectly capable of defending herself, if she dropped her guard at all, it would be bad. Ears relaxing, tail curling around her waist, she sat there quietly. "Sorry..." She shifted a bit. "I shouldn't have gotten carried away, trying to get more Intel. I'll be more careful. Promise..." She trpaused, looking at the map as well.

"The map doesn't seem right..." She muttered, reach out. "That hallway was much longer..."

The Loft narrowed her eyes at the horrific display of a flayer looking at Daniel like a fish fillet sandwich, just behind the man. It made sense, given the crewmate's knack for pushing and his psychic prowess overall, but it made no move at him and--nope, it made a move on him, wrapping a disgusting appendage around him in order to make a nice snack out of Danny. Adamina did not take kindly to this motion.

"Oh no you don't," she muttered, pulling out her quarterstaff from her pouch and elongating the shaft.

Charged and raring to go, the antimatter side of the staff was pointed toward the flayer, and if it made contact with the creature it would obtain a nasty wound by having a chunk of its back's left side annihilated. Why the back? The action was made just in case the others tried to fight the flayer as well, and there was not much space in the bar in general.

"Oh of firetrucking course..." Daniel muttered under his breath in both annoyance and disbelief at the fact that once again, he was being attacked by tentacle monsters who wanted to eat his brains...or rather his mind, not like the Typhon were enough now actual squids want him as well, just his luck. At least the Yian-ti seemed a bit different. Still

He grunted and grit his teeth at the screeching noise on his mind, 'You're gonna have to try better than that...'. As the flayer attempted to close in on his head Daniel slumped forward as he used his left hand to press a button around his suit's collar, activating the retractable helmet as it began to build around his face, at the same time he used his right hand to grab the whiskey glass and attempt to slam it onto the Flayer's head in order to try and stun it, turning around as he did, he used the counter behind him as leverage to try and kick it back with both his legs, a short and small dropkick per sayif landed would send the flayer right onto Adamina's antimatter staff.

it would be rather nasty if the staff connected fully, Daniel had seen what that staff was capable of first hand a few days ago, thats what he'd get by messing with things that weren't his and he didn't know how to use, almost had a hole blown through his suit that time.

The flayer raised about 4 tentacles in Adamina’s direction, it was clearly acting hostile but had little time to react to its prey’s movement. Daniel’s swift actions sent it off balance and slamming right into the staff. The way it fell cause a large amount of the creature to torn from its body, however it didnt seem ready to qut. It very slowly got back up and raised its tentacles again towards the two of them. Revealing its toothy maw. The screech hit everybody paychically. It was too weak to cause damage though. Its as if the Flayer was only acting on survival instict. It was fight or flight.

Edited by HeartOfFerria