Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
KHWaterBlock

Nomura reveals his greatest memory of Mickey Mouse

Celebrating Mickey Mouse's 90th birthday, Disney held an art exhibition featuring many different artists who drew Mickey Mouse over the past 90 years. Each artist shared their most memorable memory of Mickey Mouse. Tetsuya Nomura shared his by saying:

"My greatest memory of Mickey Mouse is his appearance in Kingdom Hearts. He (King Mickey) is a cool and collected character, which is slightly different from other works he appears in. I do like that he has a different atmosphere about him from his other titles."

The quote was shown below concept art from 2009's Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded of Sora and Mickey Mouse, which you can view below. Thanks to KH13 Staff xionskeyblade for the pictures!

large.unnamed.jpg.b38d0403f7e893e77d9309bbf2c730e2.jpg

Tetsuya Nomura's name displayed at the entrance of the exhibit! Thank you nechocat for pointing that out for us!

large.IMG_0270.JPG.21cd40e408d6ec9f33a92ba1982053df.JPG

Tetsuya Nomura's name displayed on the pamphlet given at the exhibition as well!

large.48277020_ImagefromiOS(2).jpg.abc0d181396b5243d6f4bf5822547ffb.jpg

large.1842917366_ImagefromiOS.jpg.35f861

large.752210335_ImagefromiOS(1).jpg.4e3e

Walt Disney's original sketches of Mickey Mouse's different designs. Eventually, he came to a decision to which Mickey he chose, the Mickey Mouse we all know and love today.

large.DsPLBcDUUAAfT40.jpg-large.jpeg.f23d8c9564fb1b4ac3b7c810e35bea1c.jpeg

View full article

1 hour ago, KHWaterBlock said:

Celebrating Mickey Mouse's 90th birthday, Disney held an art exhibition featuring many different artists who drew Mickey Mouse over the past 90 years. Each artist shared their most memorable memory of Mickey Mouse. Tetsuya Nomura shared his by saying:

"My greatest memory of Mickey Mouse is his appearance in Kingdom Hearts. He (King Mickey) is a cool and collected character, which is slightly different from other works he appears in. I do like that he has a different atmosphere about him from his other titles."

The quote was shown below concept art from 2009's Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded of Sora and Mickey Mouse, which you can view below. Thanks to KH13 Staff xionskeyblade for the pictures!

large.48277020_ImagefromiOS(2).jpg.abc0d181396b5243d6f4bf5822547ffb.jpglarge.1842917366_ImagefromiOS.jpg.35f8611fccd873738298ac6f548b15ac.jpglarge.752210335_ImagefromiOS(1).jpg.4e3e503173226b0df3fbe828324daaa8.jpg

View full article

Haven't we seen these drawings before?

15 hours ago, ienzo628 said:

Haven't we seen these drawings before?

They were part of the Re:coded Ultimania storyboards (I looked into mine since the plate says concept art from Re:coded). But it's not that surprising.

I think the art exhibition focuses a lot on the theme of 90 years of memories, so naturally, there will be a lot of older artworks as well to show the development. I guess it would be like a photo album since the exhibition seems to be really large too. It would be hard to only showcase new works after all.

I guess Nomura is also a little busy right now. He may have done drawings for the benefit marketing (like the clothes line), but doing something new might take a little more time if it's more than a sketch. Also, it fits his statement well. :D

Edited by Merilly

9 hours ago, Merilly said:

They were part of the Re:coded Ultimania storyboards (I looked into mine since the plate says concept art from Re:coded). But it's not that surprising.

I think the art exhibition focuses a lot on the theme of 90 years of memories, so naturally, there will be a lot of older artworks as well to show the development. I guess it would be like a photo album since the exhibition seems to be really large too. It would be hard to only showcase new works after all.

I guess Nomura is also a little busy right now. He may have done drawings for the benefit marketing (like the clothes line), but doing something new might take a little more time if it's more than a sketch. Also, it fits his statement well. :D

I wonder if Nomura will pay some tribute to Mickey Mouse's past voice actors.

Thank you for sharing this with us, KHWaterBlock!

It's awesome to see Nomura make a contribution to the Mickey Mouse exhibit celebrating his 90 years! And it makes sense that his fondest memory of the world beloved mouse is his appearance in Kingdom Hearts! After all, Mickey is like the Yoda of the Kingdom Hearts Universe! Wise and adept at combat! Calm, cool and collected! 

I just really love Nomura's sketches! Brimming with so much detail and style! :D

Edited by The Transcendent Key