Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

@Novayon Trials of Mana getting a Western release (and name!) In both original and remake form no less. 

Most of Nintendo's conference made me smile.

@Sandy Klaws#9359 While the FF7 demo was my most wanted to play game at E3, the game I enjoyed most was Borderlands 3. Just a series I enjoy but never have time for.

In terms of moments that are non-gaming related, just meeting the various people and industry staff. I've reunited with a few friends here, but it's mostly all new for me.

Oh snap! Nice to see Darksiders still getting some love. Always nice seeing some good Death Cosplay, but that Strife and Uriel are pretty wicked too(although those wings must be quite a burden). 

Btw, have you had any chance meetings with developers or anything? I know surprise appearances are pretty rare these days.

Also what is the general atmosphere like over there? Which conference do you feel was the best received? Or where do you feel people have  directed most of their attention to and what was the longest time you had to wait to try a particular game?

One last thing, what was your general opinion of what we got from the ReMind DLC? 

@Sandy Klaws#9359 

I try to keep an eye out for game devs I admire. I've conversed with more smaller industry people, no one really well known. Most of them can be shy and some are just there to let loose and enjoy the event. Also, some of the industry attendees work for game companies but are not game devs themselves.

Of the big game devs I follow, I know Jason Rubin (Crash Bandicoot, Jak and Daxter, Oculus) was there. Posed for the CTR Kart well after I did. Would've liked to have met him. Crash was the game that got me into gaming.

The indie devs were the friendliest people there that I met, and the ones that need the most support, so check their stuff out! They could use more attention. I played the following games from Indiecade:

- Earth Night - @cleaversoft

- Infinite Children -  www.infinitechildren.com

- Sloppy Forgeries - @playfulsystems

- Ascend - @AscendVR

The overall atmosphere at E3 was very positive, but it did feel dwindling. I'm aware that there is a consensus that E3 is losing steam, and it may be, but the event itself still brought out the best in most attendees.

I feel Nintendo had the best E3 Conference. They had the best surprises in store. As for best show room floor, I haven't checked out Nintendo yet, so that award goes to 2K and Borderlands 3. They knew how to hype up the crowd.

Longest wait was NOT FF7 as I antcipated, but rather the Oculus booth. I wanted to play Stormland and Lone Echo 2 (The new VR games by Insomniac and Ready at Dawn, respectively) but they were near constantly full and in the process of being capped off. Stood in line for Asgard's Wrath instead and that was 30 mins per play session. With 3+ people ahead of me and only two Asgard booths, the wait was longer than I thought. AW was redeemed, however, when it took a left turn from standard mythology and allowed me to create Norse Street Sharks as companions. 

Lastly, the ReMind DLC looks good regarding the main plot. Was hoping for a bit more though. Would like to see some worlds tweaked, namely Frozen and Pooh, but I doubt the DLC will be as game-changing as KH2:FM. Fingers crossed for at least one Disney superboss.

...And that, as they say, is that. ?