Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
ienzo628

PMD Red Rescue Team Remake

Well, the demo I believe is out on the Switch and well I am glad that they have Mega Evolution but I wish we had more of an expansion in regards to starters because it would be really cool to be Scorbunny and have a Piplup partner.  I just think this is more align with being similar to the 2006 game that came out on the DS/Gameboy Advance SP.

The commercial, I just hope they haven't scrapped Generation 4, Generation 5, Generation 6, Generation 7 and Generation 8 from the game.  It wouldn't surprise me if they did since Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red and Blue Rescue Team came out around the same time that Gen 6 was being introduced and I was like 14 years old at the time and already in my freshman year of high school.

2 hours ago, ienzo628 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they did since Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red and Blue Rescue Team came out around the same time that Gen 6 was being introduced and I was like 14 years old at the time and already in my freshman year of high school.

Red/Blue Rescue Team was actually released just before Gen 4/ after Gen 3 so it made sense why those pokemon weren't in it.

But on the whole I am incredibly excited for this game, the original Blue Rescue Team is very dear to me, it was the first pokemon game I played properly. There's only two worrying aspects of this: a potential "kiddification" of the more darker overtones, and the price.

I'm not gonna be a fan if it's £60, it's absolutely not worth that much to me. If it's gonna be sold at the price of a modern game but not have any of the features of one (no voice acting etc) then it should be priced significantly lower. £40 is the maximum I'd be willing to pay, perhaps 45

Red and Blue came out 2005/2006, Red on the GameBoy Advance and Blue on the Nintendo DS, so Diamond and Pearl weren't released yet. Weavile, Bonsly, Mime Jr., and Lucario appear as statues, while Munchlax appears as an NCP, as all five had appeared in the anime during the Hoenn and Battle Frontier seasons with Munchlax appearing as early as the movie corresponding to the second of four seasons in that anime series.

Munchlax debuted in the Destiny Deoxys film, which is also where it was shown to evolve into Snorlax and May catches one in Advanced Battle. Brock and James obtain Bonsly and Mime Jr. respectively in the Battle Frontier season, while Lucario and the Mystery of Mew has Lucario and Weavile, Weavile also appearing in a Battle Frontier episode. From memory Gen 4 is the generation to have most Pokemon debut before the games that represent it, with a handful of Battle Frontier episodes being filler focusing on specific species like Weavile and Chatot, as well as Gary having Electivire which is where Sinnoh is directly named and what inspires Ash to journey there.

Edited by jbmasta

That's a fair point.  I was off.  I'm glad that we're getting a new game even though it is a remake of the first two PMD games that came out on the Gameboy Advance SP and DS.  It's too bad that we didn't get a PMD for Gen 7.

8 hours ago, jbmasta said:

Red and Blue came out 2005/2006, Red on the GameBoy Advance and Blue on the Nintendo DS, so Diamond and Pearl weren't released yet. Weavile, Bonsly, Mime Jr., and Lucario appear as statues, while Munchlax appears as an NCP, as all five had appeared in the anime during the Hoenn and Battle Frontier seasons with Munchlax appearing as early as the movie corresponding to the second of four seasons in that anime series.

Munchlax debuted in the Destiny Deoxys film, which is also where it was shown to evolve into Snorlax and May catches one in Advanced Battle. Brock and James obtain Bonsly and Mime Jr. respectively in the Battle Frontier season, while Lucario and the Mystery of Mew has Lucario and Weavile, Weavile also appearing in a Battle Frontier episode. From memory Gen 4 is the generation to have most Pokemon debut before the games that represent it, with a handful of Battle Frontier episodes being filler focusing on specific species like Weavile and Chatot, as well as Gary having Electivire which is where Sinnoh is directly named and what inspires Ash to journey there.