Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Allwil13

KHUX Keyblade Graveyard Before the Keyblade War

Hey, guys. So I've been replaying Kingdom Hearts III and tonight I had a thought while I was doing the Union Cross segment (which is amazing). During this scene, I had a thought. I know that for a long time, there was a fan theory that the Keyblade Graveyard was the remains of Daybreak Town. But now that it's been confirmed that Scala Ad Caelum was constructed on top of the remains of Daybreak Town, that begs the question: if the Keyblade Graveyard isn't the remains of Daybreak Town, then what exactly is it? Unless I'm mistaken, we have no information on the purpose of this world before the Keyblade War. In fact, I imagine the world's original name isn't even "The Keyblade Graveyard" because the world existed before the actual war took place.

So what do you guys think? What was this world's purpose before the Keyblade War? Did people live there? The ruins and structures that we explore in Kingdom Hearts III make me think that yes, the world did have at least some inhabitants. And if it did, who were they? Will we learn more about the world's history and purpose before the Keyblade War in KHUX? 

that is a good question, one im sure plenty of people have thought about. though it would be very unusual if this world was just an empty wasteland before the war. but i suppose it is possible it was always called the keyblade graveyard but it was original a sort of burial world for fallen keyblade wielders 

5 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

that is a good question, one im sure plenty of people have thought about. though it would be very unusual if this world was just an empty wasteland before the war. but i suppose it is possible it was always called the keyblade graveyard but it was original a sort of burial world for fallen keyblade wielders 

Oh, I like that theory. Kingdom Hearts 3 really added to the mystery because of the structures and ruins. Maybe it was a sort of holy land, with temples and stuff for people to worship the light or something? And then when Keyblade Wielders died they would be put to rest there and their keyblade plunged into the ground?

34 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

Oh, I like that theory. Kingdom Hearts 3 really added to the mystery because of the structures and ruins. Maybe it was a sort of holy land, with temples and stuff for people to worship the light or something? And then when Keyblade Wielders died they would be put to rest there and their keyblade plunged into the ground?

that idea actually just came to me as i was typing 

We know that before the keyblade war the worlds used to be all connected per Kairi's grandmother's story, and I'm sure they've mentioned it elsewhere in the games too. So perhaps it was just one small part of a bigger world, rather than just a world on its own beforehand. 

I agree with you guys that the wasteland we see with all the fallen keyblades isn't how it always was. I too am also thinking that it probably was an area of significance prior to the war as well, after all it is referred to as "that fated place" many times. 

Hopefully this gets explored more in KHUX or Dark Road. :D 

16 hours ago, WakelessDream said:

We know that before the keyblade war the worlds used to be all connected per Kairi's grandmother's story, and I'm sure they've mentioned it elsewhere in the games too. So perhaps it was just one small part of a bigger world, rather than just a world on its own beforehand. 

I agree with you guys that the wasteland we see with all the fallen keyblades isn't how it always was. I too am also thinking that it probably was an area of significance prior to the war as well, after all it is referred to as "that fated place" many times. 

Hopefully this gets explored more in KHUX or Dark Road. :D 

That's a good theory too. Maybe it was just a wasteland that connected two populated worlds beforehand. The only issue is that doesn't explain the buildings and sturctures. But this is certainly a possibiity too. 

I agree that they should explore this in Dark Road. Of all the original worlds we've seen so far, this one is the most mysterious to me. Although I still think that there's more to The World That Never Was, but that's a different topic.

6 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

That's a good theory too. Maybe it was just a wasteland that connected two populated worlds beforehand. The only issue is that doesn't explain the buildings and sturctures. But this is certainly a possibiity too. 

I agree that they should explore this in Dark Road. Of all the original worlds we've seen so far, this one is the most mysterious to me. Although I still think that there's more to The World That Never Was, but that's a different topic.

Oh no I wasn't saying it was always a wasteland, I agree with you guys that's it must have been something else before. Just that the area probably wasn't its own world, based on the story from Kairi's grandmother. 

Also what buildings? The labyrinth we go through for the org xiii battles? It's been a while since I've picked up Kingdom Hearts III admittedly. xD 

30 minutes ago, WakelessDream said:

Oh no I wasn't saying it was always a wasteland, I agree with you guys that's it must have been something else before. Just that the area probably wasn't its own world, based on the story from Kairi's grandmother. 

Also what buildings? The labyrinth we go through for the org xiii battles? It's been a while since I've picked up Kingdom Hearts III admittedly. xD 

Yeah, the labyrinth. When you travel through it, there are what appear to be doorways along the walls. There are no actual doors in them, but I can't help but wonder if they used to be entrances to homes or something.

I think the holy land theory is more likely though, as the labyrinth easily could have been some kind of temple for prayer and/or worshipping the light and whatnot. 

This mystery is going to bother me for the foreseeable future, lol.

10 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

Yeah, the labyrinth. When you travel through it, there are what appear to be doorways along the walls. There are no actual doors in them, but I can't help but wonder if they used to be entrances to homes or something.

I think the holy land theory is more likely though, as the labyrinth easily could have been some kind of temple for prayer and/or worshipping the light and whatnot. 

This mystery is going to bother me for the foreseeable future, lol.

Ah, I always just assumed that the labyrinth was Master Xehanort's doing since we see him kind of summon it up around Sora and co. with his keyblade. That would definitely be interesting if there was more to it than just that though! 

1 minute ago, ocean's rage said:

this is an oddly fun one to speculate over

I agree completely. I'm surprised no one has ever asked the question before, to be completely honest. I really hope the series explains this one because I reeeeeally wanna know.