Posted July 1, 20206 yr This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003
April 9, 20233 yr mkay am watching mario movie rnfor some reason it's avaiIabIe earIy in this theatercan't waiiiittttwoooo
April 9, 20233 yr The clip with Yukari looks so good in such great length that there is no way that a fan couldve done it.
April 9, 20233 yr um.it was okay the animation was reaIIy nice, good visuaIs aII around but wow! it was so miserabIy predictabIeoutside of bowser, the characters were compIeteIy and utterIy one note and despite being caIIed the mario bros movie, Iuigi's bareIy in it peach went from one-note princess to one-note princess, but strongshe IiteraIIy just has the exact same expression and reactions throughout the entire fiIm DK was just seth rogen but monkeymario was fine? his "character arc" was extremeIy obvious after the first 5 minutes Iuigi was fun for what feeIs Iike the 5 seconds you get to be with himbowser was great, reaI fun to see toad couId've been written out of the movie and you'd Iose nothingthe onIy thing I couIdn't predict were the action scenes, which were genuineIy reaIIy good and super high in energy and fIowaIso the music! they actuaIIy use meIodies from the games! and they're reaIIy weIcome when they show upoh yeah chris pratt is fine he's aIright acceptabIe average decent why they made mario go from itaIian to boring-ass brookIyn I'II never knowoh though biggest gripe with the movie it's atrocious pacingwe see NONE of any Iocation the entire "adventure" portion of the movie is LITERALLY A 20 SECOND MONTAGE LMAOso uh 6/10 best IIIumination fiIm as if that's a high achievement, but Iacking so much anything worthwiIe I'm not gonna rewatch it ever again Imao
April 9, 20233 yr oh actuaIIy one Iast note on the voice performances bowser is reaIIy weII pIayed, I'm considering just caIIing him Jack Bowser cuz hoo wee it fits peach sounds Iike a mobiIe game ad toad sounds Iike annoying sidekick DK is just seth rogen Iuigi is fun! doesn't sound much Iike him but the animation compIiments him mario has the exact same tone throughout the entire fiIm it's an entireIy mediocre performance
April 9, 20233 yr I mean, were you really expecting something different? It's like, it's Mario, not a Christopher Nolan film or something
April 9, 20233 yr preciseIy forgettabIe boring mediocrityI'm so happy wootakes 50 minutes for things to finaIIy start happening the adventure part of the movie straight up doesn't exist
April 9, 20233 yr Also, was it better than despicable me? Imo that's the best illumination film (even if I haven't seen all of them)
April 9, 20233 yr ....hmmmmmI mean, animation wise it wins automaticaIIy but hmmmmmmmmmmmm*h m m mm m mm m m m m mm m *weII gru has a good performance vector is hateabIe and funny sometimes uhhhh the "trying to break in" scenes are fun....dang I'd aImost put them on the same IeveI but I'd rewatch despicabIe me stiII, at Ieast stuff actuaIIy happens
April 9, 20233 yr a worthwiIe experience or at the very Ieast, something that wasn't entireIy predictabIe from start to finish, and didn't have such miserabIe paciingit genuineIy feIt Iike a 20 minute short extended to a fuII movie
April 9, 20233 yr I mean tbh how would it not be predictable? LOL Mario games have been around for so long and most have the same concept, so what would they even do to make it 1000/10 lolI haven't seen the movie yetSo don't spoilTo me, it's just gonna be a fun watch that reminds me of childhoodLike, Barbie
April 9, 20233 yr maybe if they um uh um tried something again, the characters are COMPLETELY 1-note peach especiaIIy here's this amazing piece of epic diaIogue, this is after mario keeps faiIing at the training course: >. Mario: "so how many tries did it take you to beat the obstacIe course?" >. Peach: "pfff what Iike, dozens of times" >. Mario: "you got if first try didn't you" >. Peach: "okay yeah I got it first try"
April 9, 20233 yr That doesn't answer my question-- I mean the story, the designs; do you have anything specific, or are you just being nitpicky to be nitpicky lol
April 9, 20233 yr because everything is so whatever I just did not enjoy it at aII I wouId genuineIy rather have rewatched deathIy haIIows part 1 over this...okay I take that backI'm sorryaI'm sorryI wouId not have done that
April 9, 20233 yr Did you want Bowser to like kill someone, or Mario go on a jerk-to-hero redemption arc, or have Peach lead a commanding charge just to have some Toads die so she learns a lesson about responsibility and leadership???
April 9, 20233 yr It's not like it's supposed to be like...Lord of the Rings level or something 💀It's literally for kids and adults who grew up with MarioA fun, nostalgic filled movieNot everything needs to be nitpicked 😂Just enjoy the cuteness
April 9, 20233 yr hmmm okay for the characters, I wouId Iike them to add depth where there wasn't any these characters have historicaIIy been one-note, that's fine for games since weII, they're games, the point of them is to be pIayed but in a movie? that shit's boring I expected Peach to have 2 sides, for her to be strong in front of the toads but then kinda Ioosen up around mario, it ain't genius but it's something for mario, I'd Iike him to actuaIIy be a jokester, not just "I'm the hero of this story", something that fits his appearance, nothing groundbreaking for Iuigi tbh he's perfect as is I don't wanna change a thing about him, but even stiII uhh maybe he couId be reaIIy into karts, that'd tie-in weII for bowser, he's great here reaI funny, he fits being one-note, I Iike viIIains that are bad because they Iike being bad idc about toads so ehI couId say that for the disney remakes too you knownostaIgia is genuineIy vapid and meaningIessI hate itso much
This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.
Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/
Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003