Posted July 1, 20206 yr This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003
January 13, 20242 yr I feel like Nomura made a great point regarding this.ARPG combat is more than just reflex based combat systems
January 13, 20242 yr so would a stylized turned based FF game be considered something good?Cuz what I'm trying to understand is why the opposition to a turned based FF game
January 13, 20242 yr stylized combat like P5 would fit FF more than really strategic turn-based combat tbh
January 13, 20242 yr and with stylized combat I mean insanely easy and unbalancedbecause that's what p5r is
January 13, 20242 yr I don't mind QTE's in turn based if it's like Yakuza 7First example I could think ofIf you prompt them right you deal more damageIf you miss them you still do it but not as much
January 13, 20242 yr royaI totaIIy murders base P5’s baIance though yeah LMAO base P5 isn’t hard at aII, but royaI is easy
January 13, 20242 yr There's like this boomerang attack and you can continue to attack the enemy until you either miss or reach up to 25 hits
January 13, 20242 yr Imagine if the next FF game has a job system with 10+ jobs and 2 secret jobs and every job gets a trailer like the FFXIV jobsit would hype the shit out of peopleand they can even add things from previous FF games like dynamic job switching
January 13, 20242 yr What I really want the next FF game to do is to not try something newI want them to evolve on something they have done beforeWhether it's turn based, action based or what FF7R is doingBut just take it and continue with itInnovation is important but so is perfecting the formula
January 13, 20242 yr I really hope it's not FF7R combat. Don't get me wrong I firetrucking love it but after 3 games people might get burned out from it
January 13, 20242 yr And I honestly think FF has done enough innovationTake what has worked before from other games and improve upon it
January 13, 20242 yr I personally hope they take Octopath Traveler 2's turn-based combat system and add job switching to itthe only thing I dislike about OT2's combat system is that it got absolutely ruined by the warrior character. he's just too ophe gets free turns during enemy turns
January 13, 20242 yr OT2 has this break system which is basically stagger. when you use effective attacks against the enemy they lose shield points and once all of them are gone the enemy staggers and gets more damage. and the counter always removes 1 shield point. You get a taunt ability too which means you will counter every turnand you get insane amounts of selfheal if you have the apothecary as a 2nd job on him. the character becomes immortalI believe they knew during development that he's op which is the reason why a certain solo challenge in the game feels completely designed for him just look at this shitthe boss has even soft enragesyou have to break all 7 shield points in a certain time or he's gonna instant kill you
January 13, 20242 yr Original P5 Id say bas a better balance with everything (not you Okumura Palace)
This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.
Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/
Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003