Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Willow A113

Mickey's Mystery (backstory)

Ok so I really don't understand Mickey's backstory in Kingdom Hearts. His world was in black and white until some unexplained thing happened to change it to color. Then he apparently wanted to be a musketeer his whole life, yet he showed no interest in it back in Timeless River. But we know they are the same versions of the characters because Donald and Goofy remember that time! Also, for some reason Mickey used to be mute before learning to speak? 

How he became king is understandable, he married Minnie, who was the princess. But that castle also makes no sense! The country of the musketeers takes place in france, I believe. But the Disney Castle is obviously not france and is not even the same castle! And in timeless river, they talk about "building disney castle" but that's obviously not france, either! Why would they build a new castle when the one they had was perfectly fine?! Much less in another country?!?!?! Also Pete must have the ability to regrow limbs because in cotm, he had a peg, and after that he had a normal foot!

Now this makes more sense than the other criticisms, but still needs to be talked about. How did Mickey discover gummi blocks and travel the galaxy? How did he meet master yen sid and get a keyblade? Why did Yen Sid even trust Mickey in the first place? How did he go from being just a king to being that PLUS a keyblade master? It seems like he wouldn't want to do all of that because he should want to be there for his PEOPLE like a good king does! Not to mention his best friends and his WIFE!

One more thing: Ducktales! How does that fit in? We know some version of it exists because the nephews and scrooge exist in kh. Did Donald quit being a musketeer to be in the navy/live with Scrooge (depending on the version)? After Ducktales, did he decide to work at the castle again, this time as a magician? Also, how did he even learn magic in the first place? He couldn't have just gotten those skills out of nowhere! 

These things were never explained and the disney trio rarely even talk about their past. Goofy never even mentioned that he has a firetruckING SON (and I also don't have a clue how he fits in either)!!!!! These characters backstories make no sense and it drives me crazy!!

The movies and series (outside Fantasia and Steamboat Willie) aren't canon to the KH Universe with some exceptions like the mini-levels in Timeless River and The Three Musketeers [which is a separate world]) Ducktales and The Goofy movies/series aren't canon in KH. 

2 hours ago, Leamax said:

The movies and series (outside Fantasia and Steamboat Willie) aren't canon to the KH Universe with some exceptions like the mini-levels in Timeless River and The Three Musketeers [which is a separate world]) Ducktales and The Goofy movies/series aren't canon in KH. 

Yes, but some version of those stories is.

1 hour ago, Elfdemon_ said:

Country of the Musketeers is not the same world as Timeless River/Disney Town/Disney Castle. Country of the Musketeers is just one of the many worlds that Mickey visited on his adventures.

Well he acted as if he was from there.

5 hours ago, Willow A113 said:

Well he acted as if he was from there.

He acted as if he was from there to protect the World Order. It's explained right when Sora arrives at Country of the Musketeers. Sora is confused as to what world he's in because it's not Disney Castle but Mickey is there for some reason. Mickey tells Sora to shh when he's about to mention his Keyblade, realizes that Sora is also from another world, and tells Sora he's only in this world being a Musketeer because he's currently working on a problem. And then Sora realizes he's just in a world that Mickey has visited before.

Sora: "I'm not in Disney Castle, and that world isn't one of the one's that's asleep. I don't get it."

Mickey: "You okay? What's wrong?"

Sora: "Oh, um... I was wondering... where I was?"

Mickey: "Hmm? Where'd you get that key?"

Sora: "This? It's a Keyb—"

Mickey: "Shh. I know. You came from another world, right?"

Sora: "Huh? Uh, yeah."

Mickey: "My name's Mickey. I'm workin' on a problem. That's why I'm in this world bein' a Musketeer."

Sora: "Hmm... So, am I in a world the King visited that I don't know about— a world that's trapped in sleep somewhere?"