Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Alright, so I have a few thoughts on this episode:

Finally, we get to see character development from Pyrrha. I needed that. So much.

What I will say what was really well done was Pyrrha's expressions in the scenes with the Vault. She's so child-like next to the adults... It's very nice to see her in a different perspective other than the "OP famous humble sister-like" character light. She needed this weakness to further explain her character, and I think that was done really well. I'm gonna be sad when she becomes corrupted by this aura transfer.

Also, YANG! She finally gets the boot. I knew if she wasn't taken care of she'd make the fight much easier for the good guys because of her OP semblance. I'm curious to see how they play this out. Hopefully it doesn't become an automatic prison break, that'd be really lame. Her character needs time to reflect, I think, before she fights again.

And finally: The bad points.

The maiden stuff was rushed. It would've been nice if it was implied more before this, or maybe it was thrown in a World of Remnant. It seemed too sudden and made it seem stagnant to the plot. However, I am glad they finally told us what Ozpin, Glynda, Ironwood and Qrow were all hiding, but it wasn't implied enough early on.

Also... why did they need to add a new character for the Fall Maiden? I would've really loved to see Summer Rose with the Summer maiden powers in that capsule. That would've been a plot twist. A great plot twist.

Kerry and Miles, you had your chance but...

Posted Image

I'm glad to see my influence is spreading.

Really though, let me explain something to some of you people:

You see, when you have a story... and you want an audience to be invested in that story... you have to tell your story. I'm not saying you have to tell everything, because after all, it's best to show rather than tell, but you still need something to work off of. A foundation. An inkling. An actual plot-line instead of basically nothing happening for two seasons... you feel me?

This Maiden nonsense was never established nor even hinted at in earlier episodes, it came straight outta nowhere. Not only is this bad because of how forced it feels, but also because we have no solid idea of what else is supposed to be going on. The few plot points that are brought up and addressed disappear right after. Some elements contradict each other. Even the dialogue contradicts things.

It's a mess. We don't even know what Cinder's exact plan is and this has been brewing since Volume 2. Oh sure, noooooow we get an idea thanks to this Maiden bullshit, but we still don't know what Adam has to do with it, what the White Fang have to do with it, what Torchwick has to do with it, what Ironwood's plan is, where Raven is and why hasn't she shown up again, or if all of these third-parties still exist in the freaking narrative because at this point they might as well be forgotten.

Look, I'm not a stickler when it comes to plot, I like to keep an open-mind and think about rational answers, but this is just insulting. It's insulting to me as a viewer, it's insulting to me as a fan of animation, and it's an insult to someone who wants to make a living creating shows like this only to see that I'll have to rub shoulders with the kind of people behind this schlock.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

At least they dropped this new piece of plot "early" in the series and not in the very late stages.

Ezio Auditore confirmed for RWBY ?

Posted Image

Are these characters like...real? Fan-made? o.O

About the Maidens: I hope they don't make team RWBY the four new maidens :/ That would be boring. BUT They should definitely make Ruby the new "Summer" because she really doesn't have an important role...and she's supposed to be the main character.

Edited by PrinceNoctis

Exactly my point though. How can we be this far into the series and we know absolutely nothing? :I

I thought the reason we dont know anything was because Ozpins group  was keeping it a secret 

It's less of your influence spreading, and more that we know what to expect from you. Lol.

Nope.

People other than me are actually calling things into question instead of giving nothing but praise.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Nope.

People other than me are actually calling things into question instead of giving nothing but praise.

It was an inevitability, but yes, thank you for your guiding light.

Edited by Yang

I think it is still too early to pass judgment on the recent stuffs.

It's not even about recent stuff, it's about problems that have been plaguing the entirety of the series since Episode 1.

I'm kind of just angry because Miles writes both RWBY and RvB, but at least the latter has some sort of coherent plotline moving from point A to point B. Meanwhile, RWBY has went from point A to point Delta to point 33. I mean come on, just get back to alphabet already. RvB is about 50% filler, but somehow they're still able to move the plot along smoothly in a season.  I just want the same care given to RWBY which has a larger crew, budget, and soon to be fanbase if not already. So why don't they hire more writers (and editors)? It's clear Miles and Kerry can't handle it by themselves.

Pretty much.

Once again, noooooope.

I'm kind of just angry because Miles writes both RWBY and RvB, but at least the latter has some sort of coherent plotline moving from point A to point B. Meanwhile, RWBY has went from point A to point Delta to point 33. I mean come on, just get back to alphabet already. RvB is about 50% filler, but somehow they're still able to move the plot along smoothly in a season.  I just want the same care given to RWBY which has a larger crew, budget, and soon to be fanbase if not already. So why don't they hire more writers (and editors)? It's clear Miles and Kerry can't handle it by themselves.

I'm not too familiar with RvB but with what I am familiar with, I can tell why it gets a lot of praise, and I can also tell that RWBY is not being handled in the same way. Also, to my knowledge RvB's newest seasons are more unfavorable due to Miles taking over, which doesn't really surprise me either.

Once again, noooooope.

I'm not too familiar with RvB but with what I am familiar with, I can tell why it gets a lot of praise, and I can also tell that RWBY is not being handled in the same way. Also, to my knowledge RvB's newest seasons are more unfavorable due to Miles taking over, which doesn't really surprise me either.

Too bad. 

Firaga, i just wanna say: you gotta meet people  halfway here. Usually when people are having a civil difference of opinions someone will say things like " yeah i get what your saying" or "yeah your right about that" but dude you just refuse to accept anyone elses opinions. You can't just say "nope, im right. You are wrong" all the time. Stay frosty man

Firaga, i just wanna say: you gotta meet people  halfway here. Usually when people are having a civil difference of opinions someone will say things like " yeah i get what your saying" or "yeah your right about that" but dude you just refuse to accept anyone elses opinions. You can't just say "nope, im right. You are wrong" all the time. Stay frosty man

Chill out, I'm just having some fun.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Well, I was the only one who was giving any real criticism to the series before, but now it seems to be catching on.

What? lol what kind of logic is that? Maybe the show is giving more reasons to criticize. Same can be said about it's praising. 

Then there's the fact at least this community doesn't flood criticism comments with blacklash, unlike other places I've seen. Even simple downvotes on reddit whenever someone criticizes something about it, such as the same things mentioned here. (Or the fighting animation being worse at some points, even when they're right imo.)

Lets make it fun for everyone 

Look, I'm not gonna pretend to agree with everybody, especially since I don't agree with anybody half the time. And the ability for me to say I disagree with something is as warranted to me as it is to you or someone else to disagree with me or vice versa.

I'm not tying anybody who disagrees with me to a chair and using Chinese water torture on them. I just disagree. If you're liking what RWBY is giving us each week, then fine. Good for you. But as for me, I want to see improvements to certain things and they're not happening, and things are also getting worse, so excuse me if I get a little heated every time I talk about the newest installment.

What? lol what kind of logic is that? Maybe the show is giving more reasons to criticize. Same can be said about it's praising. 

Then there's the fact at least this community doesn't flood criticism comments with blacklash, unlike other places I've seen. Even simple downvotes on reddit whenever someone criticizes something about it, such as the same things mentioned here. (Or the fighting animation being worse at some points, even when they're right imo.)

It's always been about praising the show. I literally got booted off this damn thread on one point because people were getting butthurt about me saying bad things. Literally nobody was even paying attention to the show half the time and just posting fan-art or something. Now you can chalk that up to "the hype" because any show can go through that in its first season, but even then, there were problems arising and nobody batted an eye. I'm even guilty of this. I didn't even realize half of the problems I go on about until I re-watched some of the episodes and actually paid more attention to what was going on.