Tails

Comic Books vs. Manga Books

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like better

• I like Comic Books
    • I like Manga Books
    • I don't like either of them.

Why can't you choose equally? 

Because it's too typical of an answer. Anyone can come out and say they like both equally. i just want to see which do you actually prefer if you had to choose.

Because it's too typical of an answer. Anyone can come out and say they like both equally. i just want to see which do you actually prefer if you had to choose.

but its true

i like to enjoy both, and not just because one is american or one is from japan.  it depends on the story and the art

What about web comics?  I really like how artists are innovating comics for digital media, and they do it because they love the art form, not to be paid. 

Well, it is still comics so it counts.

Well, it is still comics so it counts.

Yeah, but Japanese and Koreans make their own web comics too with obvious manga influence.  It's hard to draw a line between them.

Right to Left or Left to Right....hmmmm

Comics, I think the art stands out a lot more. More detailed (as of right now) as well.

Last few years in comics have been best art wise for medium in it's history.

What about web comics?  I really like how artists are innovating comics for digital media, and they do it because they love the art form, not to be paid. 

Well indie comics in west kinda have to be passion projects, since most of them make little to no money off their work and are doing it because they love medium.

What do you mean?

Well, many of them these days are made as long vertical images that would be impossible to publish anywhere but online.  However, they still use a lot of the same framing and art style that manga has.  That's why I think web comics should have it's own category because they are different from comics and manga because they can't be publish very easily in a bound book.