Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
MDSVeritas

Evraius (RP)

taking the bread the doctor handed him Tristan said thanks as he took a bit "Yum" next upon hearing Drale's remark about the reactor Tristan spoke "Leave the reactor to me Adriev was the one in charge of it when the Evraius took flight it seems only fitting one of his son's should be the one to deal with it now I can take the reactor and bury it deep within the earth somewhere after that if possible someone can wipe my mind of any memories that would lead me to the Reactors location then after that the knowledge of the reactor should die with all of us that way nobody will ever bother looking for it to try and control it for there own power"

"Understood." Evra's voice rang in their minds. "I will send the data now. I will also include the information about the Vedik spies and their ruthlessness. It should expose Vedik's ambitious nature and keep them from attemping something so bold again anytime soon. Now that I am without a master I will also put permanent limits on nanomachine usage per-person. This should prevent anyone from reaching Kamyn power level for the rest of my predicted timeline. Also, you need not worry about hiding the reactor. I used some of my nanomachine stores to do it myself. The ultimate unbiased element is to be unknown, and I trust you all enough to not reveal too much about my nature. Sending data now."

And in that moment. Everyone learned. About the Evraius. The Kamyn. Adriev. All those who sacrificed themselves and all those who fought until the end to change the world and save it from those who would have killed everything humans had known. The nature of magic was revealed, and thus scientific progress could begin again. No destructive force lingering over humanity, guiding them with fear. Now their path was their own to choose.

The commander who had discovered the climbers made his way inside the infirmiry and bowed to climbers.

"We know. Everything. That one being, that force that is part of our magic- or nanomachines I suppose seems to have informed the all world of what you've done. Every human in existence now has seen your plight, understood your battle, and empathized with the choices you made. You are... well I suppose you are heroes unlike any who have come before. You've brought a new era of humanity. I have just recieved word that the entirety of the Kingdom of Teragren wishes to extend to you its thanks and offer you whatever you may need from now on."

The commander rose and took a deep breath.

"So, legendary climbers of Evraius, the only thing I have to ask you is... what will you do now?"

((You all can now transistion into epilogues and close your characters stories!))

Cornelius dusted of his shoulders, his face a mask. Out of character for his normally chatty self, he pushed past the commander and left, having nothing to say. He quickly went to where no one would see him. He didn't want people to see what he did next. He sat down on the ground and put his head in his hands.

"I'm sorry, Betsy." He said softly. "Things didn't go as planned."

"But that's a good thing, right?" A voice said.

Like when someone increased the brightness of a computer screen from black to fully visible, the hard light form of Betsy appeared before the Young Researcher. He moved his hands away from his face, looking tired and worn, but also satisfied.

"Certainly." He said. "My old plan to take the power of the Kamlyn for myself was flawed. Especially with the revelation that magic is based on nanites. But now..."

Cornelius gave Betsy a quizzical look, who produced what looked like a flash drive.

"I downloaded and stored what I could into my nanites without sacrificing pieces of myself." She said as she handed Cornelius the drive. "I examined them, like you said, and just...knew how to use them differently."

The Young Researcher smiled at the drive and put it in a pocket.

"Your unique nature seems to mean you can get the Nanites that form you to do things no normal person can." He said. "Something that will continue to prove useful."

Betsy looked apologetic.

"I didn't get that much." She said.

Cornelius gave her a smile.

"Don't worry." He said. "I would rather have you then more data in any case."

The two climbers shared a look, then broke it off, both feeling a little embarrassed.

"Now, come along my dear." Cornelius said, standing up. "There is more work to be done if we plan to exploit more technology from Earth."

With that, the two climbers walked off into the world and disappeared.

Sitting on the bed with his arms crossed Tristan began to think "hum what will i do next hum? Well i was thinking i might head back to the Evraius for awhile Adriev's body should still i might not like it but Adriev is my old man and i can't just leave his body there to rot i should at least give him a proper burial after that i might spend some time on the Evraius to make sure anything dangerous that might of been there is definitely gone after all the last thing we need is some random idiot who got a little curious about the Evraius rooting around only to set off some trap and get himself killed or someone else finding something dangerous that could cause problems for us in the future after all who knows whats left on that ship after our battle after that I'll probably just go around traveling the world and help out were ever i might be needed so with that..." Jumping off the bed he was on Tristan grabbed his two swords and strapped them to his back as he walked towards the door of the room "I guess I'll see you guys around be sure to give me a shout if you ever need a hand with anything" with that Tristan walked out the door and vanished from sight

The Doctor brushed a stray lock of hair behind his ear, before realizing how tangled it really was. He pulled out his book and summoned a comb, and began to work at straightening himself out. "As for what I shall do, it shall be what I've always do..." The Doctor paused. Should he continue onwards? He had reached his goal hadn't he? Doctor Pellinore Warthrop would go down in history as the hero who freed mankind from an oppressive rule. What more need he do?

Immortality in the hearts of men. The only kind of immortality that the Doctor chose to believe in. He had reached that seemingly unattainable goal now. He looked back to the commander.

"I think I'll settle down for a bit. Become a more stay at home scientist than adventuring field researcher." The Doctor said, nodding. His comb vanished into air as he summoned a canteen of water. He poured it over a small towel from his bag, and scrubbed his hands and face of the dirt. "If there is one thing that this particular adventure reminded me of, it's that being a human entails much more than simplistic passion. In order to be great, a man needs to be relatable. So I shall try. But no promises." The Doctor continued. He pulled his sleeves to his wrist, and brushed off his shirt. He straightened his pants, and grabbed his scarf. He wrapped the scarf around his neck, and tied it. Finally he grabbed his jacket, and pulled it over his frame. The Doctor turned to the commander, and nodded. Warthrop left the room. He peeked back into the doorway one more time. "If anyone has need of an immortal, come over. We can consult over a good drink." Then Doctor Pellinore Warthrop left from view.

Drale got up out of his bed and groaned a little. "What will I do now? Well, there is one thing I've always wanted to do," he said in answer to the question presented to all surviving climbers. "Whilst I have always been a man of science at heart, look at what that has done to me," he started, gesturing to his whole body, and picking up his shadow, making a ball out of it, "As you can see, it's taken a toll on me. And this whole ordeal has given me a great idea! I'm going to write a book, based off our adventures on and inside Evraius. What better way to make sure we all live forever, than to immortalize ourselves in the printed world? I even have a great idea for the name of the main character," he finished, excited by the idea. "Well, if you ever see a book called 'HEARTLESS,' give it a read. It'll be mine," he said, as he walked out the door, vanishing into the light. His shadow, on the other hand, stood up and took a bow, before following its owner. 

(As you can see, I actually have a plan! This is surprising. Oh, and if you've ever played FFVII Crisis Core, you'll get the pun of the book's title.) 

Guest DEADACCOUNT2333

((GENISISSSSSSSSS!!!!!))

Efenton looked at them all. He sat down, and sighed. In the end, he was right... He had helped the right group. But he still felt empty. Like he had not done enough. He shed a tear. He sat down, and looked at the name etched on his new weApons. "We have done it, my brave friend..." He said to the dagger.

((Also, I do feel like a dick for not seeing this through. Depression, writers block, and school stopped me from parivipating in this grand adventure....))

Emert Berger glanced around for a moment. Everyone was leaving.

Just like that. He sighed and retrieved the broken mess of his helmet. He turned back to where he had left Metal, and for a moment wondered if he should bring it or not. He took out his original two blades and slammed them down on either side of Metal, and then took the sword.

"A monument. To the fight here." He whispered, turning back with a swipe of his cape.

What would he do now? Return to Ferundil, likely. He was probably going to be heralded as a hero--a man of the hour, though Emert truly wanted to rest. This entire climb had been far too taxing, even if he would never show it.

"If, for any reason you would like to--you all will find me in Ferundil. The Magistry is where I will be."

Emert left without a word. He barely knew these people, but he expected to see some of them again. Perhaps he might even pay the Doctor a visit. A good drink did sound rather appetizing.

Before long, everyone had left the room except for the commander and Jasper. After a brief period of silence, Jasper answered, "Well, now that world knows about the nanobots, there are bound to be people who will try to manipulate for their own selfish purposes. I think I'll gather a team together to try and prevent that from happening. But first," Jasper said, grabbing a bag filled with Sanya's ashes, "I have to do someone a favor."

A couple of days later, Robert stood on a mountain peak overlooking an overgrown forest. He'd been there once before, and felt like it was the best place to bury the ashes of his former comrade. "Well, I guess this is goodbye, Sanya. You were strange, to be sure, but if it wasn't for you, we may have never been able to finish off Kinzuko. Or at least, not without losing more climbers." Jasper said as he buried what remained of Sanya. When he was finished, he felt a single tear roll down his left cheek, and turned around to leave.

And just like that they left. The greatest heroes of the world's history and they simply walked away. They had come together from all around the globe, each with their own past and personality urging them towards that mountain. And though fire and death and willpower they forced their way through it. To the very end.

The world was now able to build. Now able to truly create for itself without fear of any gods or infamous mountains. All because of them. And not a single one stayed to be cheered on for their life time as a hero, they simply returned to what they loved and what they wished.

Perhaps that was how it should have been. The legendary Evraius Climbers were not born heroes. Their lives were not measured by their heroic deeds. In this they were perhaps the only people capable of facing the Kamyn; the people who knew more of what they were fighting for than they knew what they were fighting.

And so the world progressed. No longer with the shadow of Evraius lingering over them. So what truly happened to those heroes? Those legendary few? They made their own way, for even after the trial that they had endured, there was always more in the world to find. More competition, or love, or hope. There would always be another dawn to wake to, another battle to fight....

another mountain to climb.

They need only find the next one and take the first step.

Edited by MDSVeritas

((Yay delays!))

As Jasper left the burial ground, the sword of Air, Veritas, glimmered in the setting sun. From the shadows stepped Serafine and Rai, the two most powerful AIs to assist Sanya. They together sat on the edge of the cliff, and it was Rai who spoke first.

"Should we?"

"It's been what could be a millenia. She's been robbed of death for so long, you know."

"But she's never lived in a world free of fear. Free of the Kamyn."

"Her sacrifice would have meant nothing." Serafine argued.

"No...it would mean she'd be reborn."

The phoenix looked over, her flaming hair dimming. "Do you mean..."

"Yeah. No memories. Maybe lock them away, let her piece them together. Give her a chance to remember the good she did."

Serafine looked at the sword, then got up and gripped it. "Last time Sanya."

"Make it count."

Bustling streets. Children playing, horses trotting, people calling to each other. The Doctor leaned against a wall. He pulled a gold watch from his pocket and glanced at it. It was nearly time for the ceremony. It had been 10 years exactly since the Evraius and the Kamyn had been out to an end and the truth was revealed to the world. The day was now a federal holiday in Teragren, and parties were always thrown. The Doctor also received plenty of gifts on the holiday. He appreciated the gestures, but they were unneeded. Truth was the job of a scientist. In any case, this was the 10 year anniversary. Teragren wanted to have every survivor of the Evraius Incident come to New Teragren City for an official ceremony. It was going to happen soon. A ball rolled over and hit his shin. The Doctor bent over and picked it up. A young kid ran over, and then stopped a few steps away from Warthrop. The Doctor tossed the the ball up into the air and caught it again. He looked into the eyes of the child, and smiled. The boy smiled back.

"Hello Doctor Warthrop!" He said excitedly. The Doctor smiled back.

"This your ball Georgie?" Georgie nodded. The Doctor glanced to the ball in his hands. 10 years ago, no little kid would have come near him. A ball that went into Doctor Warthrop's yard was as good as dead. But that was 10 years ago. He had changed, become a better man. The Doctor smiled to Georgie. "Well, go long!" The Doctor told the boy, and as Georgie ran, laughing, the Doctor threw the ball. It only went a few feet, before a Phoenix grabbed it in it's claws, and flew through the air, soaring above Georgie and the rest of his friends. They watched in wonder as Veronica dropped the ball straight into Georgie's hands. All the little kids cheered and laughed. The Doctor closed his tome, and the Phoenix disappeared. He glanced at his watch again. He was going to be late if he did not hurry. The Doctor began on his way to the center of the city, where the ceremony was to take place.

Yuffie the Necromancer's back

Reading back on this, I had a thought for those that would be of a mind to answer.

How obvious was it that the spies were the spies? At least up until the point that Silver, Nort, and I began giving some hints in our posts. Like, did you have any clue at all, or were you pretty certain?

I didn't know, but I knew to trust no-one but Natron's char.

Haha xDI should have made my own epilogue honestly...think it's too late?

It's never too late for epilogues... that's the point of an epilogue I think.

But yeah you were a terrible spy lol

You just kind of went Kamyn and left us

It's never too late for epilogues... that's the point of an epilogue I think.

But yeah you were a terrible spy lol

You just kind of went Kamyn and left us

I don't know really, but I think it helped that I made it seem like I was shipping my spy with Sora before ruining it all.

It's never too late for epilogues... that's the point of an epilogue I think. But yeah you were a terrible spy lolYou just kind of went Kamyn and left us

I became a Kamyn pretty quickly actually.And right now I realize I COULD HAVE LEFT THEM ALL TO BURN IN THE CABIN OMFG WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT.I'll make an epilogue when I get home; I'll play it off yours Yuffie.

Well, wasn't expecting a post in this of all things! In regards to being a spy... I kind of liked what I did, but I'm not sure if I ever explained exactly what is was that happened.

You know... I think I'll finally write up that epilogue, explain what happened. Besides, I never managed to finish it quite the way I wanted to, heh. Look forwards to it, please!

I don't know really, but I think it helped that I made it seem like I was shipping my spy with Sora before ruining it all.

Yeah, I think that was really beneficial

I became a Kamyn pretty quickly actually.And right now I realize I COULD HAVE LEFT THEM ALL TO BURN IN THE CABIN OMFG WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT.I'll make an epilogue when I get home; I'll play it off yours Yuffie.

Ummmm KINZOKU WAS STILL IN THERE

so how about we go with you did the right thing

And yay, more epilogues.

...Well, wasn't expecting a post in this of all things! In regards to being a spy... I kind of liked what I did, but I'm not sure if I ever explained exactly what is was that happened.You know... I think I'll finally write up that epilogue, explain what happened. Besides, I never managed to finish it quite the way I wanted to, heh. Look forwards to it, please!

I thought what you did was excellent.

And yes, moar epilogues

Yeah, I think that was really beneficial Ummmm KINZOKU WAS STILL IN THEREso how about we go with you did the right thing 

BUT BUT BUT.IF I DID THEN EVERYONE WOULD HAVE NEVER EVER EVER SUSPECTED KINZOKU!

Epilogue - Unchained Memories

This day of celebration was always lost on her. So much...energy. The girl never knew why. Looking down at herself, she always had this weird feeling, as if her body was on fire...but like, made of fire. She shook her head and continued threading through the place. She was a quiet sort, working at the library most days, some days she'd waitress at one of the more upscale gentleman's clubs. On her back was a sword, a sword that had been with her since she awoke, ten years ago. She had been six when that cliff became the only place she knew. She kept it close, and only knew it's name.

Veritas.

Going through the years the girl had joined the celebrations of these federal holidays with confusion, never managing to get to the main stage...but today she had gotten off early. Now she was nearer to the stage. If...there. she squeezed through, and was directly at the stage now...she could finally see the heroes who were so celebrated.

Maybe...maybe they could tell her about her sword? Maybe...if not...it didn't matter.

Sanya stood there in quiet expectation, hugging the Sword of Air, Veritas, to her chest. Something in the air felt familiar...as if the day itself told her, closure would be found...

Or...or maybe, it was telling her...just enjoy life.

She looked down at her new shoes. She had saved up a few weeks wages and finally got them. Beautiful black combat boots. A fresh black skirt, and a white shirt with a black, light vest...she finally saved up for it all.

The lack of stockings is why she felt the fur. Looking down, a black cat winded itself around a leg, purring. Eyes wide, she bent down and rubbed it's head.

"Bastet, stop dis appearing ob m-" Sanya winced. A sharp pain in her head..."...Bastet...why does that always happeb?

The black cat jumped up and onto her head, where it settled down. Sanya didn't stop it.

On a rooftop say Serafine and Tobias, at their usual roost during the celebration. Soon joined by a boy, Railgun in human form, the three looked down upon the massive festival.

"Bastet just checked in. She might start remembering soon."

Serafine ruffled her feathers. "Then the world may one day have another hero to celebrate."

Edited by Sabre Lily