Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
AuraAce

Are Persona 4's characters stronger than Persona 3's? SPOILERS!

In Persona 3 characters have to use gun shaped mechanisms called Evokers to bring out their Persona, they were given one of these if they had "The Potential." They do not however have the potential to summon a Persona without Evoking it out, people think Aigis doesn't need an Evoker because she doesn't have one, that's wrong, she is a robot/human and has an internal Evoker and Koromaru has a collar Evoker that activates when he howls. However, Persona 4's characters can do It at will without an Evoker, just be summoning and smashing the card, does this mean that mentally, the Persona 4 cast are stronger than Persona 3 cast? I SWEAR! I don't use the argument "Oh but Persona 3's characters can hit for 999 damage hue hue hue." NO.

Anyway, fellow Persona fans, what are your takes on this? I'd quite like to get a discussion going out of this. 

Edited by Scottish Skarmory

I think it's more that the whole "shooting yourself in the head to unleash your power" thing was so controversial that they changed the system in P4, rather than the P4 characters being inherently more powerful.In terms of canon it's probably because they faced their Shadows or something idk

If I remember correctly the p4 characters didn't need evokers because the tv world allowed them to conjure their persona without one. In persona 4 arena the persona 3 cast doesn't need to use an evoker when they are in the tv world unless it's to use one of their powerful finishers.

I think they are, just by the weapons they used. P3 people used actual weapons--all of them, I think, except for Akihiko, who used fisticuffs.

Chie uses her freaking feet, Yukiko uses fans, Kanji uses a chair, Teddie uses his own claws, and the only three who actually use proper weapons are Naoto, Yosuke, and Yu.

Plus, I'd say they're all emotionally stronger too. They all faced hardships to unlock their Persona, so I would guess they would be more mentally powerful as they already overcame their weaknesses.

I think they are, just by the weapons they used. P3 people used actual weapons--all of them, I think, except for Akihiko, who used fisticuffs.

Chie uses her freaking feet, Yukiko uses fans, Kanji uses a chair, Teddie uses his own claws, and the only three who actually use proper weapons are Naoto, Yosuke, and Yu.

Plus, I'd say they're all emotionally stronger too. They all faced hardships to unlock their Persona, so I would guess they would be more mentally powerful as they already overcame their weaknesses.

Y'see people? This is the kinda discussion I was hoping for :D