Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
xemnasbane

Nintendo 3DS or 2DS?

Ok. I've been wanting another 3DS for a while now (I sold my old one), mostly because of the new Super Smash Bros. But, I don't want another regular 3DS, I would rather have an XL. So I decide to check Gamestop just to see how much a refurb would be and whatnot, then I saw the 2DS, except the price had dropped from $129 to $99 for a brand new one. And my only problems with getting one would be the small-ish screens (I have good eyes, so that's not a problem), and no 3D. The 3D, as I have seen before, adds much more depth to a game, and makes the graphics appear to be more than they really are. I rarely ever had 3D turned off on my old 3DS, and I loved it. So my question, is 3D and larger screens worth an extra $100?

Please let me know your opinions, and have a great day :D

P.S. I'm way past the ugly look of the 2DS. Just looks like a fat Gameboy, and I'm fine with that.

With the 3DS XL you do lose some sharpness and detail in the graphics since they're being blown up (I've experienced it firsthand trying out Dream Drop Distance on one)

If you don't care about graphics though and feel a bigger screen is necessary go for it, I personally like the nostalgia the 2DS offers by reminding me of my first Game Boy Color

Of course the clamshell design is much easier to transport around and carry with you, whereas I feel the 2DS would take up a little more space in a backpack, purse, or pocket

But at the same time the clamshell offers the risk of your 3DS snapping in half (as low as the odds may be) plus the hinges can wear out over time

Edited by Ruby Rose

With the 3DS XL you do lose some sharpness and detail in the graphics since they're being blown up (I've experienced it firsthand trying out Dream Drop Distance on one)If you don't care about graphics though and feel a bigger screen is necessary go for it, I personally like the nostalgia the 2DS offers by reminding me of my first Game Boy ColorOf course the clamshell design is much easier to transport around and carry with you, whereas I feel the 2DS would take up a little more space in a backpack, purse, or pocketBut at the same time the clamshell offers the risk of your 3DS snapping in half (as low as the odds may be) plus the hinges can wear out over time

Yeah, I would like to have nice graphics of course, but at the same time I would like a big screen, especially for SSB. That'll be a killer I bet on a tiny screen. Maybe not though, as I said before, I have great eyesight.

I would also like to have the ability to StreetPass easily. I'm a guy, so I don't walk around with a purse or something to hold it in, and it's obviously not fitting in my skinny jean pockets.

Thanks for your feedback :D

Personally I'd recommend a 3DS. The 2DS just seems like a few steps backwards to me.

Why ? I'd rather get the 2DS because i dont feel in need for a useless 3D Feature.

Why ? I'd rather get the 2DS because i dont feel in need for a useless 3D Feature.

Well to some people, like me, the 3D isn't useless. I prefer it.

Yawn then you should just set the 3d off.

Besides it looks also umconfortable.

Nah, I've tried it out. It's actually very comfortable.

Well, never mind about this whole thing. A new 3DS just got announced today, and I is getting that one. I guess I'll buy a 2DS to pass the time though

Sounds like a good plan! Be sure to transfer your 2DS data to the new 3DS when you get it, though!

Alright, good! :D I'm planning on doing the same thing, I can't wait until the New 3DS is released! Playing Xenoblade on the go is going to be awesome!

Dude, I know! It's gonna be awesome :D