Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
SolsticeBas

KH1 Why does King Triton hate humans/Keyblade wielders?

Sorry if this topic has already been made and such, but...

That scene in KH1 where King Triton tells Sora 'not to meddle in the affairs of other worlds' and 'the key bearer shatters peace and brings ruin'... why does he say that? The TAV trio has never been to Atlantica afaik, but could the KHx Keyblade War have something to do with it? Or maybe Xehanort? Or are there keyblade wielders/masters we don't know about yet? The way King Triton acts in that scene... it almost seems to me like he's met a Keyblade wielder before and has bad experiences with them.

What do you think? 

I was surprised that there still hasn't been any Atlantica-based KHx world, where it would make sense. I figured Triton had heard about the Keyblade War, for whatever reason. Maybe being a realm's leader means you're privy to information other people are not.

I've always had this headcanon that it has something to do with his late wife; in the 3rd Little Mermaid movie, Ariel's mom died because of humans but I was thinking for KH, maybe she died because of a keyblade wielder

Or better yet, Ariel's mom was a keyblade wielder from Atlantica and was killed in action on another world, which would be why Triton is so against keyblade wielders meddling in other worlds

Edited by KazeNari

Triton probably hates humans because he and everyone in his kingdom are all mermaids, and humans are not mermaids, and humans probably keep dropping chemical waste into his bed chamber or something. Plus one of them hijacked his daughter so she could go party in a fancy-ass land castle.

For the Keyblade wielders, there were enough of them to fill a war, so there was bound to be more than a few bad apples in the bunch. Or maybe there were some well-intentioned wielders who traveled to Atlantica, stuck their noses where they shouldn't have, and otherwise screwed things over for the natives. That "no meddling" rule hasn't been implemented since Donald tried to implement it in KH1. Since then only Days actually bothered with it, and even Roxas broke whenever he interacted with the locals.

I don't think they'd pick that plot point back up considering how 95 percent of the time the protagonists got into the natives' affairs, it was for the best... unless Nomura blindsides us by showing us the completely unforeseen consequences of what Sora has done by getting involved. For all we know, maybe certain worlds had been too dependent on Keyblade wielders instead of relying on their own power. Think of how many people would have been screwed of Sora or whoever hadn't come along. Multiply that on a multi-world scale and you got societies who may have been utterly helpless without Keyblade wielders stepping into. Those bad apples I mentioned could have exploited that system for fun and profit. Maybe Triton was aware of it and told them to butt out, we can handle it on our own, thanks.

You totally can't dude, because your problem was Heartless and that's a job for the Keyblade wielders. So there. Uh, sorry about your daughter, though.

King Triton's pretty old, and like other Disney characters, he doesn't really age. Maybe he was around during the events of the Keyblade War and it filled him with rage.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

He hates humans because his wife was killed by sailors and he hates Keyblade Wielder because he knows at least part of what happened during the Keyblade war. At the very least he knows about the fall out from it. I mean Kairi's Grandmother's story is more or less a vague account of the Keyblade war so there are probably other versions floating around the worlds.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Thanks for all of this information ;-) But one question... this Keyblade War is like 1000's of years back isn't it? I mean, if it was like 100 years back, Young Xehanort would have witnessed it or his parents would have witnessed it or something wouldn't he? (in BBS he's like 80 years old, in KH1 he's reborn as AnsemSoD/Xemnas so he's 10 years older in a sense) If the generation before YMX had witnessed it they would've just told him all about it I guess and he wouldn't be so crazy looking for that knowledge, wouldn't he? Or am I missing something? And if Triton would be like 1000 years old wouldn't that be weird and vague? (unless he's based off of Poseidon or some other deity or whatever)

Edited by SolsticeBas

Thanks for all of this information ;-) But one question... this Keyblade War is like 1000's of years back isn't it? I mean, if it was like 100 years back, Young Xehanort would have witnessed it or his parents would have witnessed it or something wouldn't he? (in BBS he's like 80 years old, in KH1 he's reborn as AnsemSoD/Xemnas so he's 10 years older in a sense) If the generation before YMX had witnessed it they would've just told him all about it I guess and he wouldn't be so crazy looking for that knowledge, wouldn't he? Or am I missing something? And if Triton would be like 1000 years old wouldn't that be weird and vague? (unless he's based off of Poseidon or some other deity or whatever)

There's no way Xehanort could have been a witness, and we don't really know how long ago it was. It's never been explicitly stated. In a way, you could say it was pre-historic since it was the end of one world and the beginning of another. Total universal reset.Well, In Greek Posidon did have a son, full god not demi, named Triton.