Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Javelin434

The [Politically-Correct-Sorta-Kinda-Ever-Updating] Guide for Ultra Cereal Online Roleplaying

Sorry, the post sounded rude to me. 

And what are you talking about? All of you guys have perfectly acceptable posts? Show me an example of one of your posts that doesn't fit a guideline.

Okay, 5 is just the general universally practiced sign of a paragraph. A paragraph is really what I meant. And, if it's shorter but has good writing and purpose, than all for it!

But if you don't want to push it, that's okay.

A good RP post is one that tells you stuff. Obvious right? But it's true, if an RP post has a point, has decent spelling and grammar, and makes sense in context, then 94.3% of the time it is good. 

But for extra help, it is good to keep in mind stuff that you seem to know. Here are a few questions to help you tell if it is really good, or just alright.

There are my thoughts on stuff. Yuffie's Guide To RPing. *bows*

I'll be sure to definitely incorporate this into the guide, given that I alter some of the structuring to adhere to context. You'll definitely be credited. Thanks for the input!

Soooo Yuffie, you are saying that post like mine and a lot of other people, even including our moderator Silver's post are unacceptable?What would you do for these unacceptable post?And Riys was not being rude, he was trying to support other people opinions.

Other people's opinion? That I have much to learn about RPing? Or the opinion that I have no right to form this guide in the first place?

Well most post that me and others make are small, and not 5 sentences long.

Okay, 5 is just the general universally practiced sign of a paragraph. A paragraph is really what I meant. And, if it's shorter but has good writing and purpose, than all for it!

But if you don't want to push it, that's okay.

I do remember Engrish teachers always hammering that 3 sentences are the absolute minimum to make a paragraph. I guess it'll be 3 sentences minimum, 5 and above recommended, and some arbitrary number as overkill.

My english teachers say 10 is minimum for a paragraph so your lucky. I also have to say Jav your engrish is very fluent (sorry bad joke and very mean)

My engrish iz bestest ingrish xD

Also, I think I just found an example for someone with low intelligence 8D

Edited by Javelin434

There are my thoughts on stuff. Yuffie's Guide To RPing. *bows*

Thanks to you Yuffie, a new section has been added to the guide. Thank you so much for the help!

Now I gotta try building off on it without sounding like a total rip-off...

I can't seem to access the thread for some reason despite being able to a while ago.Sad, I only looked at one page and drooled at the treasure trove of information.

I didn't even know that could happen....

I remember seeing moderators being capable of doing so.

I'm more laughing at protoman's rants and Dave's awesome advice. This is pure gold  xD

Edited by Javelin434

Wait, so now the other one is pinned and this one isn't? But this one is a lot more cohesive and constructive than the other one...

Bring it up to a modIn class so I can't do it myself

Thought of something else for RPing villains that I think is worth considering.

It's worth mentioning how the person playing the villain characters need to be aware of how their goals work with the goals of everyone else in the game. While the heroes generally all share the same over-all goal, the villain's goal is naturally not compatible with the heroes. The only problem with this is that every time the person playing the bad guy gets a victory, it's at the expense of everyone else in the game. This can work if you want to raise the stakes, but it also means that, if you win all the time, you pretty much break the quest for everyone else. While some people discourage meta-gaming, and while it is true that you should be true to your character, I think there's a responsibility for the person playing the villain to recognize the other players' experience as well, since you can single handedly make or break their enjoyment of the campaign.

Thought of something else for RPing villains that I think is worth considering.

It's worth mentioning how the person playing the villain characters need to be aware of how their goals work with the goals of everyone else in the game. While the heroes generally all share the same over-all goal, the villain's goal is naturally not compatible with the heroes. The only problem with this is that every time the person playing the bad guy gets a victory, it's at the expense of everyone else in the game. This can work if you want to raise the stakes, but it also means that, if you win all the time, you pretty much break the quest for everyone else. While some people discourage meta-gaming, and while it is true that you should be true to your character, I think there's a responsibility for the person playing the villain to recognize the other players' experience as well, since you can single handedly make or break their enjoyment of the campaign.

I'll be sure to incorporate this into the section as soon as my school load lightens up...

Thanks for the tip!

So it's the beginning of the 2016 year, and it suddenly hit me that there is no section dedicated for what defines 'godmodding.' Aside from this, is there anything else that needs to appended to this?

So it's the beginning of the 2016 year, and it suddenly hit me that there is no section dedicated for what defines 'godmodding.' Aside from this, is there anything else that needs to appended to this?

This needs to be addressed yes.Also may I add, I love your take on quality roleplay post since I'm more of a quality OVER quantity person.

This needs to be addressed yes.Also may I add, I love your take on quality roleplay post since I'm more of a quality OVER quantity person.

Actually, that section isn't remotely done yet. I'd continue working on it to make it better, but I've hit the maximum post length [again] and will need to cry to a moderator before I can do anything. I appreciate your critique though ^.^

After getting my butt kicked by exams and barely surviving yet another semester, I am finally ready to dive back into this forum! As for appending this guide, I swear I'll start getting around to defining what 'godmodding' is after extensive research, since godmodding is somewhat subjective and is apparently on a spectrum of what is considered overpowered or just plain broken. Will figure it out now that summer is just around the corner [and hopefully after securing employment]