Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
MDSVeritas

Skyline (An Original RP by MDSVeritas) Signups and Discussion

Ugh I can't wait to sign up anymore. I've only had access to my phone for the past day, which makes it impossible to sign up. But my hype can no longer wait.

Name: Alysa Mors

Ability of Creation: Alysa's ability originates from her sword. Her sword is a competition quality épée, but when she found herself in the City, her blade had been sharpened, the competition tip replaced by an actual tip of a sword. Her sword felt a little heavier with the weight of new power. With a bit of experimentation, she found that wherever her sword touched, she could create, change, or vanish other matter. For example, she stabbed the ground, and a tree sprouted. Or if she stabbed a person, she could evaporate small pieces of flesh or change the air in their body to water. She can also parry away most projectiles and attacks by evaporating whatever was flung at her.

Appearance:

Posted Image

Personality: Alysa is actually quite vulgar opposed to her stately appearance. She is lewd, crude, and overall rude. She doesn't care what other people think of her, and so, does what she wants when she wants to. She is insulting and mean. There aren't many bright sides to her personality. She says that she only looks out for herself, but whether or not that's true is yet to be seen because she has not grown close to anybody. She often makes choices out of spite and will refuse to follow others simply because she doesn't want to.

Background: Alysa grew up with only her father, whom she hated because he was always away and had little time for her. She became distant from others. Her father decided to give her a choice of one extracurricular. Out of spite, she chose the most expensive one she could think of. Fencing. Still, her father followed through, getting her all the equipment she needed, and enrolled her in a class for beginners. Alysa went in determined to dislike it, once again out of spite. But she found herself enjoying it. The clash of blades, the yelling and aggression. She loved it. Alysa became fantastic at it. She went to several tournaments, and won. She even went to the Junior Olympics for fencing, and gold medaled there. She was a world class fencer. When Alysa graduated, she left her father's house and became a fencer full time.

And Alysa is what happens when you go to a fencing tournament right after looking at the sign-ups. All parts of this sheet is apt to change, but for now she is complete.

Pronunciation Notes: Alysa - Alice ah

You just like to make characters the exact opposite of mine, don't you -_-

Well, right now she isn't nearly that powerful. As the RP progresses, she likely would be able to do that. So really, the best strategy would be to stay far away and keep her on the defensive, because she doesn't have a ranged attack really, and if she doesn't have the room to stage an attack, than she would be unable to attack at all. She also doesn't have much stamina, used to quick bouts of intense fighting, so if you hold her at bay for long enough, you would very well have it in the bag.

She also couldn't handle things like extreme high-speed combat with relentless, vicious attacks. Where fencing is about skill, vanesse, and accuracy, a powerful enough opposing style (let's say Kendo) can overwhelm a fencer as though it's a defensive sword form, the Kendo style is far superior in terms of attack power compare to fencing's defensive power as its absolutely relentless and follows similarly to the style of sword combat used by Katana wielders which follows fast, deliberate, and deadly strikes. Or a person with a long pole or pole axe/long pole weapon, as they can force the Rapure out of striking range and with enough force can crack or break a thin Rapure with ease. A scythe with a long enough pole is even more dangerous, if the person can handle high-Recoil from any hits missing/hitting and redirect each attacks weight and being able to throw ones self into every strike making any hit delt very dificult to parry, even skilled a fencer is at a disadvantage due to the sheer force of each attack and the short range of their weapon, as a Rapure can't be too long due to its thin nature making long ones sag and thus defeat the purpose of the weapon.

alrightillshutupnow...

Analysis!

You just like to make characters the exact opposite of mine, don't you -_-She also couldn't handle things like extreme high-speed combat with relentless, vicious attacks. Where fencing is about skill, vanesse, and accuracy, a powerful enough opposing style (let's say Kendo) can overwhelm a fencer as though it's a defensive sword form, the Kendo style is far superior in terms of attack power compare to fencing's defensive power as its absolutely relentless and follows similarly to the style of sword combat used by Katana wielders which follows fast, deliberate, and deadly strikes. Or a person with a long pole or pole axe/long pole weapon, as they can force the Rapure out of striking range and with enough force can crack or break a thin Rapure with ease. A scythe with a long enough pole is even more dangerous, if the person can handle high-Recoil from any hits missing/hitting and redirect each attacks weight and being able to throw ones self into every strike making any hit delt very dificult to parry, even skilled a fencer is at a disadvantage due to the sheer force of each attack and the short range of their weapon, as a Rapure can't be too long due to its thin nature making long ones sag and thus defeat the purpose of the weapon.alrightillshutupnow...Analysis!

Thanks for making me seem useless Riki

Thanks for making me seem useless Riki

Well, on the contrary, many other sword form has a general disadvantage to fencing(as they are either medium speed medium power, or slow speed but heavy power), and most martial arts that aren't hyperagressive are also under lock from you. You also have superiority to any shorter ranged weapon like traditional axes, though those can be thrown, as long as you can evade and the axe user is too slow to hit you with melee your fine. But yeah, generally fencing is a weaker form of swordsmanship as it expects the other person will use fencing or has a slower style, unless you use a cutting rapure, bit if you do you may as well just switch to a very tip sharpened Katana instead.You're not useless, but an experienced fighter who knows what they're doing with the right style will of course win.As always, I also use a hyper aggressive style and happen to use long pole scythes and twin axes for a highly aggressive style and picked an ability to increase my speed as generally those weapons can be slow and unyielding And require high amounts of startup time. :3

Well, on the contrary, many other sword form has a general disadvantage to fencing(as they are either medium speed medium power, or slow speed but heavy power), and most martial arts that aren't hyperagressive are also under lock from you. You also have superiority to any shorter ranged weapon like traditional axes, though those can be thrown, as long as you can evade and the axe user is too slow to hit you with melee your fine. But yeah, generally fencing is a weaker form of swordsmanship as it expects the other person will use fencing or has a slower style, unless you use a cutting rapure, bit if you do you may as well just switch to a very tip sharpened Katana instead.You're not useless, but an experienced fighter who knows what they're doing with the right style will of course win.As always, I also use a hyper aggressive style and happen to use long pole scythes and twin axes for a highly aggressive style and picked an ability to increase my speed as generally those weapons can be slow and unyielding And require high amounts of startup time. :3

But you also forget to factor in her ability. With the ability she can basically sabotage anyone, even during actual combat. E.g., if you lashed out with the axe and she brushed it with her blade, then with the right amount of concentration, she can blunt the blade, add extra weight to the weapon, or if in the right circumstances, vanish the weapon completely. Same goes for hitting a person, she can add extra matter to them, like a lead weight in the foot, as well as take it away. So her defensive skilled style combined with the potential to weaken the enemy each time they strike would be an excellent combination., and provide a proper counter to most other fighting styles and abilities.But, hopefully it won't come down to me beating the crap out of anybody. Not planning to be an antagonist, but with a loose cannon like her around anything could happen.

But you also forget to factor in her ability. With the ability she can basically sabotage anyone, even during actual combat. E.g., if you lashed out with the axe and she brushed it with her blade, then with the right amount of concentration, she can blunt the blade, add extra weight to the weapon, or if in the right circumstances, vanish the weapon completely. Same goes for hitting a person, she can add extra matter to them, like a lead weight in the foot, as well as take it away. So her defensive skilled style combined with the potential to weaken the enemy each time they strike would be an excellent combination., and provide a proper counter to most other fighting styles and abilities.But, hopefully it won't come down to me beating the crap out of anybody. Not planning to be an antagonist, but with a loose cannon like her around anything could happen.

I'm factoring her ability, but I'm also factoring her likely reaction speed as well. People who train using weapons have slower speed than a martial artist, but higher power in return, but Marital artist are also trained to counter a move before it even gets to be released, if that makes any sense, so their reaction time is up'd slightly, and they're trained to deal with enemy armments (i.e. forcing someone to a disarm, forcing an opponent to give you a boost with an attack, ect) as well as deal with any and all impairments. Decapitation or stabbing through ones heart of major areries are the big way of killing martial artist of high caliber who are trained to keep fighting even if they lack an arm or leg. You have to kill them with an attack, not injury or Debuff them.

(HYPE THRUSTERS AT MAXIMUM) 

WIP sheet for now. I'll make it proper tomorrow.

Name: Natasha Levin

Ability of Creation: Key to the Heart:

Allows her to create keys to any form of lock, even deadbolts. This even includes digital passwords. 

Appearance: Tall, skinny, but strong. Brown hair, features that wouldn't stand out, should anyone try and recognize her. Wears a red shirt, with blue pants. Tends to wear sandals. 

Personality: Tomboyish, and tends to be brash. With a short temper, she tends to lash out against anyone who tries to get close to her. This comes from having lived on the street for most of her life. If she does manage to make friends, she prefers to keep the relationship solely platonic. If her short temper gets the best of her, she's found being alone for a little while helps her cool off. The other option of beating up whoever angered her, is normally not a smart one. She has a secret hobby, that of reading books. Catching her reading one is the guaranteed way to get her angry. She doesn't like it when people know she reads and likes books.

Background: She doesn't know much about her parents, and she really doesn't care. She was raised on the street, and liked it. Sure, it was tough, but she got used to it after awhile. A thief she became, but a good one. She liked to steal the keys themselves, even when she had no further use for them. And now that she's grown up, she's still a good thief. She got a form of education, mostly from reading books.

Hm.

I have my finished sheet...

And she's a tsundere Russian support character. (At least, Russian in name.)

This is going to be fun.

Hm.

I have my finished sheet...

And she's a tsundere Russian support character. (At least, Russian in name.)

This is going to be fun.

I like your character, Nort, we should work together.

The hyper street-smart and emotionally walled off thief mixed with the wacky, strange, and overly-welcoming but hero-complexed Ailder, Ailder being the main tanks and maybe you opening a hospital with your keys to get him patched up if he gets hurt?

I like your character, Nort, we should work together.

The hyper street-smart and emotionally walled off thief mixed with the wacky, strange, and overly-welcoming but hero-complexed Ailder, Ailder being the main tanks and maybe you opening a hospital with your keys to get him patched up if he gets hurt?

I like that idea! Yeah, I think Natasha and Ailder should work together.

All according to plan. *Gendo pose*

I like that idea! Yeah, I think Natasha and Ailder should work together.

All according to plan. *Gendo pose*

If you didn't have a word that isn't considered correct by Google Chrome standards, I would have never seen the other bit.

Make sure she can do some sort of healing, maybe, since Ailder is the heavy offensive he is bound to get ruffed up a bit.

If you didn't have a word that isn't considered correct by Google Chrome standards, I would have never seen the other bit.

Make sure she can do some sort of healing, maybe, since Ailder is the heavy offensive he is bound to get ruffed up a bit.

Oh yeah... I forgot Chrome would pick that up. Ha. I'll explain what I mean if you want.

There's bound to be a hospital or two, and living on the streets taught her to patch up her own wounds... so yeah, I think she'll be able to help. 

Oh yeah... I forgot Chrome would pick that up. Ha. I'll explain what I mean if you want.

There's bound to be a hospital or two, and living on the streets taught her to patch up her own wounds... so yeah, I think she'll be able to help. 

No, I think I get the idea. Bet your sad I just used Sandrew, though, probably was hoping I was going to use him considering Ailder is far from a soft, fluffy bunny like Sandrew.

No, I think I get the idea. Bet your sad I just used Sandrew, though, probably was hoping I was going to use him considering Ailder is far from a soft, fluffy bunny like Sandrew.

Surprisingly... No.

I had actually expected you NOT to use Sandrew, honestly. The whole 'All according to plan' was because after Evrauis, I basically decided that I would create a character to kind of mirror Drale's and Sandrew's relationship, as I saw it. 

The funny thing is, I pretty much completely forgot about that until this RP came along, and I had started making my character. When I realized that Natasha and Ailder actually worked well together... I realized it was such a weird coincidence, that I'd make it part of a plan. (Operation RikiNort, for a joke only Tatsumi would get.)

The whole Gendo Pose was because I slightly based her off Asuka. Who does the pose, and is from the same anime AS Gendo.

Surprisingly... No.

I had actually expected you NOT to use Sandrew, honestly. The whole 'All according to plan' was because after Evrauis, I basically decided that I would create a character to kind of mirror Drale's and Sandrew's relationship, as I saw it. 

The funny thing is, I pretty much completely forgot about that until this RP came along, and I had started making my character. When I realized that Natasha and Ailder actually worked well together... I realized it was such a weird coincidence, that I'd make it part of a plan. (Operation RikiNort, for a joke only Tatsumi would get.)

The whole Gendo Pose was because I slightly based her off Asuka. Who does the pose, and is from the same anime AS Gendo.

Coencidence? I THINK NOT.

Exactly.

Operation RikiNort. 

Little did you know, I planned this WHOLE THING from the start.

I stay one or two hours away from the forum and you are already hitting on Natasha Riki? GET OUT SHE'S MINE! 

Damn I also missed the fighting talk, well all in all if you try to be offensive to my character he can very well counter you in a myriad of ways if he sees your pattern.

Edited by Scrapmaster

I stay one or two hours away from the forum and you are already hitting on Natasha Riki? GET OUT SHE'S MINE! 

Huzzah, I have created a character who's been shipped with both Scrapmaster and Riki, and the RP hasn't even started!

*Gendo poses*

Huzzah, I have created a character who's been shipped with both Scrapmaster and Riki, and the RP hasn't even started!

*Gendo poses*

Eh, I never get the girl anyway *sits down and drowns sorrow with liquor*

and even with my character's self taught style of swordfighting with katanas being a mutation of kendo, but much more balanced defensively and offensively, which allows him to fight extremely well in both, countering,parrying, dodging or disarming as well as slashing and breakin guard...i'l still lose anyway...*orders vodka to drink*

Edited by Scrapmaster

Eh, I never get the girl anyway *sits down and drowns sorrow with liquor*

*Shoots the bottle with a pistol*

Natasha

If we got a tsundere, we'll need the next best thing.A yandere. *waves my butcher knife*

Yuki! (Yuki yuki yuki.)

shall decide!