Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Sora96's FINAL FANTASY VII for PS4 Impressions

A year after the infamous announcement from executive producer Shinji Hashimoto, the PlayStation 4 port of the Windows PC version of FINAL FANTASY VII has finally be released. DotEmu, the developers of the the remastered PC versions of FINAL FANTASY VII & FINAL FANTASY VIII ported the game to PlayStation 4. To be clear while I've seen a lot of footage in various videos I've never played the game before.

The port runs and looks amazing on PS4, better than I thought it would.

The controls are also perfect.

The options to turn off random encounters, speed up the game x3 and max out the limit break and prevent MP or HP going down permanently are also included but also are completely optional and do not prevent getting trophies.

The game also has plenty of quality trophies with some based off the Steam achievements and some brand new trophies.

The addition of the E3 2015, announcement trailer for FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE and the port credits on the title screen are also great additions. Plus a PS4 theme comes with the game for free.

The port took its time but it has paid off with a fantastic port.

Look forward to my review of the game in 2016.

I played the game once long ago and didn't pay any attention to the story, so I was excited to pick this version up.

I agree with you, this version of the game actually looks really good. I also love the controls so that they now support the analog sticks and that the x button is the default select button now.

It was also a neat surprise to see the Remake trailer on the title screen, and the theme that came with it is actually a really good one.

Very pleased with this version overall.