Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Soul_Seeker

Paper Mario: Color Splash

In the new Nintendo Direct, Paper Mario: Color Splash has been announced for the Wii U. The game will utilize Mario's Paint Hammer for some of the gameplay and will focus on Mario trying to bring color back to the land.

The game is set to release in 2016.

When it comes out, I'll post the trailer.

I'm cautiously optimistic for this game. However, it looks like it's going the same route as Sticker Star, so I'm immensely worried.

Please, Nintendo, let this share the same quality as the first 3 games, and not s***ty-ass Sticker Star.

"In the Paper Mario series, we always challenge ourselves to bring something fresh to the action-adventure genre."

Do you think anyone at Nintendo even remembers that Paper Mario used to be an RPG series?

Honestly, did they not listen to any of the complaints from Sticker Star? It literally just looks like an HD version of the same game. I'm trying to hold off judgement until we get some more actual gameplay footage, but Jesus firetrucking Christ, man, they are so going in the wrong direction.

my thoughts exactly 

This is what happens when you DON'T listen to your fanbase

"In the Paper Mario series, we always challenge ourselves to bring something fresh to the action-adventure genre."

Do you think anyone at Nintendo even remembers that Paper Mario used to be an RPG series?

Honestly, did they not listen to any of the complaints from Sticker Star? It literally just looks like an HD version of the same game. I'm trying to hold off judgement until we get some more actual gameplay footage, but Jesus firetrucking Christ, man, they are so going in the wrong direction.

I try not to jump the gun either, but I've pretty much lost faith in the paper mario series

I try not to jump the gun either, but I've pretty much lost faith in the paper mario series

I have at this point too. I thought they'd listen to us after all these years, but nope, they don't want to. 

Sadly, same here. I literally went from "Oh, now I have to get a Wii U" when I heard the news to "NINTENDO WHY" when I watched the video.

I'm holding out a (probably vain) hope that maybe the battle system will be improved; that was for me the worst part of Sticker Star and really the only thing keeping me from ever finishing it. They didn't show much, so it's possible they fixed it and made it more traditionally turn based...? I don't know, I just need something the grasp onto here.

Wow, it looks like I'm the only one not jumping on the hate bandwagon for this game.  I'm just gonna wait and see how it turns out; after all this is the only trailer for it, and they didn't show much.  But I guess I'm more lenient with games than most people, since there are a lot of games I like that many others hate.

Personally, I'm more worried about the story being good as opposed to the battle system.

Wow, it looks like I'm the only one not jumping on the hate bandwagon for this game.  I'm just gonna wait and see how it turns out; after all this is the only trailer for it, and they didn't show much.  But I guess I'm more lenient with games than most people, since there are a lot of games I like that many others hate.

Personally, I'm more worried about the story being good as opposed to the battle system.

I wouldn't say I'm jumping on any bandwagons. I heard the announcement, got very excited, then saw the footage they presented and was disappointed. It has nothing to do with what other people are saying about the game, and it has everything to do with my own experiences and opinions on the franchise. I doubt I'm the only one with that thought process.

Nintendo debuted a game that looks almost identical to the worst-received game in the series and provided no other details on it; people are allowed to be annoyed by that. Hopefully they'll expound more on what the game is going to be like in the future, but until then, all we can react to is what we're given, and what we're given ain't pretty.

Also, if you care about story, you should be concerned too- Sticker Star's story was super weak, and there's no indication as of yet that Color Splash is going to be any better.

Wooooooooow this looks too much like Sticker Star. It's like Nintendo didn't even listen to their fanbase and decided to just continue to do their own thing. I'm all for new gimmicks but they have to learn that gimmics just don't work in RPG games. Hopefully the story will be at least better than Sticker Star.

I wouldn't say I'm jumping on any bandwagons. I heard the announcement, got very excited, then saw the footage they presented and was disappointed. It has nothing to do with what other people are saying about the game, and it has everything to do with my own experiences and opinions on the franchise. I doubt I'm the only one with that thought process.

Nintendo debuted a game that looks almost identical to the worst-received game in the series and provided no other details on it; people are allowed to be annoyed by that. Hopefully they'll expound more on what the game is going to be like in the future, but until then, all we can react to is what we're given, and what we're given ain't pretty.

Also, if you care about story, you should be concerned too- Sticker Star's story was super weak, and there's no indication as of yet that Color Splash is going to be any better.

Okay, I see what you mean.  And I shouldn't have used the term 'bandwagon' either; that was my mistake.  I guess what I meant is that it seems everyone is saying its going to be exactly like Sticker Star based on this one short trailer, and are immediately deciding to not give Color Splash a chance.  I mean, at least wait for another trailer before rushing to conclusions.  But like you said, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Yeah, I haven't played Sticker Star because I heard the story was awful (at least compared to all the other Mario rpgs).  So yes, I am indeed worried about Color Splash's story.  But I'm going to wait for another trailer (or the game coming out) before I make my full judgement.  So far, the game looks okay; I like the idea of going around restoring color to the world, but if its just to save Toads again... then yeah I'm a bit concerned.

Okay, I see what you mean.  And I shouldn't have used the term 'bandwagon' either; that was my mistake.  I guess what I meant is that it seems everyone is saying its going to be exactly like Sticker Star based on this one short trailer, and are immediately deciding to not give Color Splash a chance.  I mean, at least wait for another trailer before rushing to conclusions.  But like you said, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Yeah, I haven't played Sticker Star because I heard the story was awful (at least compared to all the other Mario rpgs).  So yes, I am indeed worried about Color Splash's story.  But I'm going to wait for another trailer (or the game coming out) before I make my full judgement.  So far, the game looks okay; I like the idea of going around restoring color to the world, but if its just to save Toads again... then yeah I'm a bit concerned.

It's not that we aren't giving it a chance. We watched the trailer and don't like the direction we think this game is going. Therefore, we're worried that it might turn out like Sticker Star and we hope it doesn't. No one's hating on Color Splash yet.

It's not that we aren't giving it a chance. We watched the trailer and don't like the direction we think this game is going. Therefore, we're worried that it might turn out like Sticker Star and we hope it doesn't. No one's hating on Color Splash yet.

Well, that's good if you and some others here are still trying to keep an open mind about it, but from what I've seen, a lot of others are already hating it.

Wow...

More inmaturity since the Young Conker thing... Really gamers are unpleasable these days.

Okay, first off...Young Conker reactions are not immature. They may seem that way to anyone who has no idea what kind of character Conker is or what his audience should be based off of his original game. Young Conker is literally an empty platformer that has nothing to do with Conker except for the name used in it. Conker's Bad Fur Day, was released on the Nintendo 64 with a M rating. It wasn't for little kids, yet everything Conker related in the recent years is pointed toward children, which isn't what Conker was about. No one likes what's happening to him, because it literally isn't Conker. 

Second, the flak that Color Splash is picking up is due to the fact that the franchise that Paper Mario has become and the well received titles it has had are stacked against it. The last Paper Mario title was Sticker Star, which was received horribly by both critics and the fanbase. Sticker Star took what Paper Mario was and destroyed it. In fact, they took a RPG series and turned it into an Action-Adventure. You don't genre switch a franchise. Not to mention Bill Trinen referred to Color Splash as an action-adventure. And with what we were given, it's basically Sticker Star HD/2.0.

No one is being immature. They hold a strict opinion, because each franchise has a full history with each fanbase and with it, they've been tarnished with poorly received ideas/games, but continue to attempt to use that same concept for yet another game. It's like Mario Party. A great franchise, full of plenty of friendship ruining fun. Problem is, Mario Party 9, Island Tour, and 10 completely changed the formula into something so horrid, no one feels like it's Mario Party anymore. What's happening here is that these franchises are dying out and no one is ready to let them go.