Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Alja

[2.8 interview spoilers] Theory: Freeing Ventus's heart

I've been thinking a lot about how Ventus is going to be woken up from his slumber, mostly for fan fiction reasons, but today I stumbled upon two pieces of information that kind of made it click for me. I'm not a big theorist, so I apologize if there are some huge flaws in my thoughts.

What if Ventus's heart can only be freed from Sora with Xehanort's Keyblade?

The idea came to me when I read DDD's glossary on the Keyblade. It says

All Keyblades have one of three natures: light, darkness, or heart.

Adding to that, I re-read Nomura's 2.8 interview which mentioned the following:

So the box’s contents will be revealed in [KHIII]... By the way, in this world that can be considered to be during “the time period spoken about in fairytales”, what sort of position is the X-blade in?

Nomura: The Master knows about its existence. Using the X-blade as a model, he creates his own Keyblades. Well, by create I don’t mean that in the physical sense, such as forging and tempering them, I mean more along the lines of pulling one out from the depths of a heart.

So the Master of Master's “pulled” the Keyblades out from the depths of a heart? Maybe specifically the Keyblades he granted to his students? What if those 6 Keyblades are all Keyblades of Heart and the only ones that can free a person's heart because they are 'pulled from the depths of a heart'? In BBS, we see that Xehanort frees Aurora's heart and his own heart, both with his Keyblade that we know now is definitely the one the MoM gave Luxu. The only other Keyblade known to do this is the “Keyblade of Heart” that was created by the hearts of the Princesses of Heart – but this one may have been a corrupted version of a Keyblade since it missed Kairi's heart and was forcefully created from the Princesses, so it may or may not be able to be recreated to serve this purpose once again.

So I've been thinking... what if Xehanort's Keyblade is the only one able to free Ventus's heart (and maybe in addition to that Roxas's, Xion's and Naminé's)? I mean, by this theory, the Keyblades of Aced, Invi, Ava, Gula and Ira could also potentially free people's hearts, but we currently only know the location of Luxu's blade so this one would be the one everyone goes after.

It's just a random thought that came to me, by no means do I want to claim that this is how it's going to go down, but I thought I could share this here!

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!! i read what you said and i started thinking about how in BBS, ventus is not dead hes just asleep and in that slumber he was able to find his way to sora. Now its confirmed by yen sid that sora is to perfect the power to wake hearts in kh3 soooo i think that by the time they find ven in kh3 sora would have already mastered that ability and will easily give ven his heart back.... UNLESS Nomura pulls a plot twist where everything i mentioned is impossible xD who knows well find out soon!

This is a pretty good theory!  It's true that the only way a heart has been able to be extracted from a person without it being by the hands of a Heartless is via Xehanort's Keyblade, or the Key To Release Hearts from Kingdom Hearts I! So I like the idea that freeing Ventus could mean pulling out a Keyblade from his heart! That said though, his heart is within Sora, so does this mean Sora would have to extract said key from his own heart? Hmm, interesting!

Edited by The Transcendent Key

According to the Xehanort reports, all Keyblade Masters can remove hearts:

We Keyblade Masters have a special gift. We can extract a heart, be it our own or that of another. By continuing this cycle, it is possible to remain in the world of the living forever.

It's possible that Xehanort's Keyblade in particular can do other things due to being the most ancient known Keyblade around, but a Keyblade of Heart is made of people's hearts. More especifically, the Princesses of Heart. Xehanort also discusses that:

The third type of key, the Keyblade of heart, came into existence when the World was reorganized after the Keyblade War. Without this key, Kingdom Hearts is forever beyond a person’s reach. Only by gathering together seven hearts of pure light—hearts completely devoid of darkness—may one forge a Keyblade of heart and open the door to Kingdom Hearts.