Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Wan_Pisu

Which other Disney movie should get a live action remake?

Which other Disney movie should get a live action remake?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Which other Disney movie should get a live action remake?

• Hercules
    • Lilo & Stitch
    • Tangled
    • The Princess and the Frog
    • Lady and the Tramp
    • Frozen
    • The Emperor's New Groove
    • Big Hero 6
    • Atlantis
    • Treasure Planet
    • Bambi
    • No more, please..
    • Another movie? Share below!

I'm honestly already tired of seeing remakes of old Disney films. Maleficent wasn't that good and Jungle Book was pretty good. But, not amazing. These live-action remakes seem like they're not wanting to do anything original. (Not that I'm saying they're not.) It's just concerning that they'd just care about the cash they'd get from seeing their old films redone in live-action.

I haven't seen Beauty and the Beast and I really don't plan to. Seeing the rehashing of old properties makes it seem like Disney is about bare-bones dry in the creativity department.

I saw Beauty and the Beast and it was really great but I still enjoyed the original more so I'm not especially excited for any live action remakes, generally I like the cartoon original better anyways.

Hahahahaha... the live action remakes are never going to stop. They're far too profitable for Disney, and a few of them are even better than their animated counterparts (The Jungle Book 2016, Pete's Dragon).

Personally, Big Hero 6 would look awesome. Disney is king with special effects in live action, so I can see a live action Big Hero 6 look like Bladerunner and Tron combined.

Okay, I can understand the more classic stuff, but Big Hero 6? Seriously? It hasn't even been 10 years since it was released, can't we wait for it to become classic first before turning it into a live action remake like everything else? I understand being excited for ideas that seem cool to you, but there's such a thing as being too hasty. Same goes for Frozen and Princess and The Frog. This shouldn't have to be like Spider-Man where we have to reboot it every few years.

Okay, I can understand the more classic stuff, but Big Hero 6? Seriously? It hasn't even been 10 years since it was released, can't we wait for it to become classic first before turning it into a live action remake like everything else? I understand being excited for ideas that seem cool to you, but there's such a thing as being too hasty. Same goes for Frozen and Princess and The Frog. This shouldn't have to be like Spider-Man where we have to reboot it every few years.

Yeah, I'm serious. Shame you refuse to see the potential in the movie.

The list was comprised of primarily modern movies to begin with, so I chose what I felt was most appropriate? What's wrong with Big Hero 6 live action to begin with? Big Hero 6 in itself is inspired by really obscure and forgettable Marvel series.

Yeah, I'm serious. Shame you refuse to see the potential in the movie.

The list was comprised of primarily modern movies to begin with, so I chose what I felt was most appropriate? What's wrong with Big Hero 6 live action to begin with? Big Hero 6 in itself is inspired by really obscure and forgettable Marvel series.

I think you're missing my point. It's TOO SOON for Big Hero 6 to get a live action reboot, if anything it should be getting a sequel first. I realize is potential for it, but that might get soiled if it's attempted before it's proper time. Wouldn't you rather see the story keep getting continued through more and more adventures with the portrayal of the cast you've come to love already? Cause they likely won't do that if they go ahead with a live action remake, they'll want to keep that the only version they market at that time, you don't see them making an animated sequel to Beauty and The Beast just cause they have a live action remake of it right now, do you? Let Big Hero 6 as it is now continue to grow and become more successful, then when it seems like there isn't anything left for you to do with it, make it into a live action reboot.

The point of all of these things is to simultaneously attract a new audience that never saw the original (possibly in hopes of convincing them to check out and buy the original) while at the same time attracting the older audience who did see the original and are looking for some nostalgia or something new. The new audience has already seen BH6 by this point, what's the point in confusing them further by re-telling the same story less than 4 years after they just saw the original? Most of these remakes have at least 10 years between them and their original counterparts, they should wait AT LEAST that long before attempting to do the same with BH6. It's not that I don't want them to do it (well, I mean, I'd prefer them not to, but I'm not exactly fully against the idea), it's that if they are going to do it at all, I want them to do it right, and the fact is that doing it this soon is not the right way to do it.

I think you're missing my point. It's TOO SOON for Big Hero 6 to get a live action reboot, if anything it should be getting a sequel first. I realize is potential for it, but that might get soiled if it's attempted before it's proper time. Wouldn't you rather see the story keep getting continued through more and more adventures with the portrayal of the cast you've come to love already? Cause they likely won't do that if they go ahead with a live action remake, they'll want to keep that the only version they market at that time, you don't see them making an animated sequel to Beauty and The Beast just cause they have a live action remake of it right now, do you? Let Big Hero 6 as it is now continue to grow and become more successful, then when it seems like there isn't anything left for you to do with it, make it into a live action reboot.

The point of all of these things is to simultaneously attract a new audience that never saw the original (possibly in hopes of convincing them to check out and buy the original) while at the same time attracting the older audience who did see the original and are looking for some nostalgia or something new. The new audience has already seen BH6 by this point, what's the point in confusing them further by re-telling the same story less than 4 years after they just saw the original? Most of these remakes have at least 10 years between them and their original counterparts, they should wait AT LEAST that long before attempting to do the same with BH6. It's not that I don't want them to do it (well, I mean, I'd prefer them not to, but I'm not exactly fully against the idea), it's that if they are going to do it at all, I want them to do it right, and the fact is that doing it this soon is not the right way to do it.

Dude, the questionnaire says which Disney movie should get a Live Action remake, not when. Of course the Big Hero 6 franchise should be cultivated with its animated series before going into Live Action territory. You're taking this way too seriously.

Dude, the questionnaire says which Disney movie should get a Live Action remake, not when. Of course the Big Hero 6 franchise should be cultivated with its animated series before going into Live Action territory. You're taking this way too seriously.

I just know the nature of these things, and as nice as it would be for everything to work perfectly where it gets made at the right time...people aren't going to wait to make their money.

And yeah, maybe I am taking it a bit too seriously. But at the same time, it is my opinion, and like I said, I'm not totally against the idea, it's just not something I absolutely need to see happen right now.