Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
HeartOfFerria

Roleplay Prologue: The Hunt for Captian Greyhawk.

The guard handed Adamina the key to the room. “Not to my knowledge, however Im just a guard. I just carry the club ya know” he smiled kindly “now remember if you need anything just ask. Im at the end of the hallway.” He then turned and closed the door making his way back to Eclaire. Seeing as there was only one of him.

The room was covered in silks and satin. There were two leather couches facing one another, a cryaline table between the two and plenty of fancy drinks and ice for the group to share. High quality atuff. The lighting was built into the ceiling but prodiuced a rather soothing light. In the corner of the room they could see a small camera. It wasnt looking away. Solomond was dead silent on the comms. As if he wasnt even there.

The guard soon returned to Eclaire “Sorry about your wait miss. Is there anyone is specific you are looking for?”

Edited by HeartOfFerria

Eclaire tapped her cheek, thinking. "Mmm. A cute girl. Preferably one who likes hugs. Feeling affectionate and my brother's a sack of bricks. Not very comfy to curl up with and relax ya'know? Or the second most popular girl, is said most popular is still taken?" She beamed.

Jake-Rose’s Grace

Before they begin, Jake notices that there are eyes and ears keeping tabs on them. They try to make it seem like they were oblivious, but the pilot was no fool. Eclaire asks for recommendations for a certain girl that works here, but also seems to understand that Jake was not fond of this place. He whispers to her so no one else can hear. “Do what you need to do, just don’t raise eyebrows. And no, I’d rather be anywhere but in this hellhole.” Before he knows it, Eclaire smacks him across the face in an attempt to create an act, labeling him as her “brother”. Jake rubs his cheek. Not necessary, but I’ll let it slide........

A few moments later, Tibarn shows up, but looks almost apologetic while stating the facility seemed nice. Jake scoffs. “‘Nice’? Not necessarily the term I’D use..... But sure. I guess it’s better maintained than most brothels.” He turns to his fellow crew mate. “Why the long face?”

The nameless guard thought for a moment before consulting his small slate. “We could set you up in the room across from that large party if you dont mind. As for the avaliablility of the girls. Hmmm our second most popular isnt exactly in but we could send in the third” he gave her a genuine smile. He seemed like he was actually trying to provide the best experience he could for Eclaire. He appeared to be a very hard worker. Despite his line of bussiness. “Would that be ok?”

Daniel stood quiet and let his teamamtes do the talking...he wasn't the best at concentrating while at a brothel, at all. Psychic energy needed concentration, and well...allure and lust would definitely mess with it, regardless. THey soon went into their private room, whom Adamina paid 10k for, which was unecessary, but who knew what the bird woman was thinking? She looked out for them when they needed, thats all he could ask, and for that he wasn't going to question her much.

Once they had gotten in there, and were just the three of them. Daniel approached Tibarn from behind and grabbed the back of his head with his hand. "Head's up." Daniel spoke sarcasticaly as he connected both their minds, quickly grabbing Adamina's hand, gently. And establishing a three way mental link between them. 

'Suggest we sit on the couches, you never know.' Daniel spoke telepathicaly to them as he moved onto one of the leather couches. Making himself as comfortable as possible while still alert.

'So...whats the plan?' he asked them, the three of them could communicate freely with each other telepathicaly, within a range of roughly 35 meters between each other, it normaly 50 for a two way connection, but there's extra strain for more connections.

'Can't get Solomond on the line'.

Eclaire tapped her chin. "I guuuuuuessss." She drawled out, clapping her hands together. "As long as she's cute!" While her eyes did close a bit, she kept listening with her ears, which twitched this way and that. Tail flicking, the HUD on her glasses glitched briefly as she moved just a bit too far into the doorframe. Classy. No signals could be used within the rooms. Blinking twice, the HUD went to sleep, meaning her glasses were now, well. Decoration.

"Thanks for being accommodating!" Hopefully he doesn't get caught in any crossfire...mm...Pump the girl for info, ask for something she has to leave the room for, try and figure out if Greyhawk's here for sure. Simple.

The guard nodded and lead Eclaire to her room. Her friends familiar voices could be heard in thr room across from the one opened just for her. “Ill send Thamora in soon. Would you like her to bring any drinks? Something to eat?”

"Mmm. Yes! I'm hungry...I want...." she thought for a moment. "Chicken friend rice and whatever cola you have!" She beamed happily. Hey, if she was paying, at least she could get some food and be combat ready!

She was really just hungry.

He nooded with a smile, they should be here in about ten minutes. The food will arrive soon after. “Please have a nice day” he says as he places the order on his tablet. Then he moved over to the room that The rest of the party was in. “Can I get you folks anything? Food, Drink, maybe call in a hostess?”

In the heat of the moment, it seems that the lady at the front of the establishment had forgotten to accept the payment of the 10,000 credits Adamina offered to pay for the room, which was quite all right, as she had no thought about using the room as anything other than a foothold in the building.  With luck, they could just exit through the back and become one with the bustling throng outside, without having to pay.  The lady would doubtlessly not try to collect until they next come into the entry room.

Adamina accepted Daniel's hand wordlessly as they migrated further into the room, the mind conversation coming into fruition in the back of her subconscious.  It was . . . unique, for lack of a better word, but at least she had free reign of what she did or did not want to say.  Her eyes trailed along the lavishly decorated room, looking for wire taps and cameras, a notorious yet possible issue commonly seen in such establishments and hotels alike.  Amidst some of the embellishments, she caught sight of a lens, just above the door's sill at the only entrance, and her eyes narrowed unconsciously as a result.

+Heads up, folks,+ she inwardly communicated, trying to send along with her thoughts an image of the camera's location.  +Just above the door, a camera.  We'll have to be careful of what we say, too, if anything, in case there are taps.  I'll take care of the camera.  You two think up a plan.+

She raised herself to her feet, her talons clawing at the lovely, newly laid carpet spread out along the floor.  Taking out her medkit, she spread out its components on a small reading table nearby and found what she was looking for.  Satisfied, she also perused the contents of the reading table, and was pleased to find something within it that was lightweight:  a lunch and dinner menu.  How nice, she pondered as she proceeded to tear off a section of the paper menu out of the camera's eye.  She also committed to memory the drink menu in that small lapse of time, even if there were a few confusing words within it.

She did not get far into her acts of taking care of the camera before the guard from before came in, acting as a courteous attendant.  Strangely, she did not expect such a service.  She thought guards were more meatheads than waiting individuals, though he was certainly an exception.  Pouching her newfound slip of paper, she was quick to react to the man.

"Just distilled water for me, please, or whatever you have that did not come from asteroid ice," she voiced, patting down her clothing nonchalantly before leaning back to the others.  "Anything for you two?  They have quite the variety from their lunch menu in terms of drinks."

Edited by Vaude

A frown furrowed Tibarn's brow as he noticed the camera in plain sight.  "Well, that's just rude," he commented aloud dryly.  "What about our privacy?"  He shook his head, eyes scanning for any other sources of observation that they would need to worry about.  His eyes scanned a pad of paper and pen on a table next to a telephone, which he quickly picked up and brought back over to their table, just as the attendant arrived.

"Something alcoholic for me, if you've got it," he said.  "I'm too sober for my liking.  Whiskey is good."

He hoped that neither of his companions would point out that this was his third drink for the day.  He had a rather high tolerance to the susceptibility of alcohol.

Sitting across from Daniel, the thief crossed his arms over his chest.  "Man, I'm beat," he said aloud, throwing his head back against the couch.  But seriously, we need to come up with a plan, he conveyed mentally. One of us should get out there and learn more about this establishment.  I see Eclaire's already doing just that, but we don't have a real way to safely communicate with her.  Send me out to gather more intel; I can keep you guys posted with this connection, or Addie's head gear if she's willing to loan it to me.

The guard nodded. “We will get those out to you as soon as possible. If you need anything else just hollar. Im right down thr hall.” He smiles before leaving the party of 4 to their bussiness.

Solomond grew rather anxious upon finding out that he had next to no communication with the rest of the crew. This could be a bad siyuation if something goes wrong... to bad there wasnt a save button.

The guard left post haste, and Tibarn couldn't help but let out a chuckle.  It struck him as humorous that a guard was serving as a waiter.

He turned his hazel eyes onto the captain, offering his a nod.  "I was gonna ask if you've had it better than the rest of us, but from the looks of things out there it doesn't seem to be the case.  What's up with you and your . . . sister?"

He mildly wondered if Eclaire was making any progress on their operation.  Most likely; cats were slick.

Adamina sighed in relief as the guard went his way, then continued on with her previous actions of trying to cover the camera.  Reclaiming her piece of paper and the medical superglue from her first aid kit, she combined the two to make a thoughtfully prepared, sticky paper coating for the lens.  The next users of the room would thank her for sure.  Cleaning superglue from a sensitive glass surface would take days to completely remove.

"Serves them right for trying to rid the privacy of my entourage," she spoke aloud for whatever microphones were lying around in wait, huffing equally loudly.

It took but a moment to return to the group, and she sat alongside them, her bird eyes alternating between each of them.

Tibarn, you realise this would be your third drink for the day, yes? she commented mentally to the rogue, followed by an audible sigh.  Nevertheless, your idea is sound.  The comms are down, likely because of an electronic jammer, so we will have to rely on mental communication unless we take down the cause of this interference.  Daniel, you can sever the link with me in favour of the captain.  He'll want to know what's up.  Tibarn, write key information so I can follow in on the conversation.

It was exciting to take charge like this.  She was used to giving orders to sick or wounded people, but for fully hale individuals it still seemed new.  She liked it, though she handed over the reins to the captain once he entered the mental conversation.

Edited by Vaude

Jake-Rose’s Grace

Jake took a seat next to Tibarn and watched as the guard waited on the group. The pilot so badly wanted to ask him where those corridors led, but he refused so he didn’t draw suspicion on the group. As soon as the guard left, he quietly replies to Tibarn. “She went into the back hallway to gather intel, acting as if she’s looking for the ‘best girl’ around here. I hope she doesn’t veer off track.”

Adamina has allowed him to enter the mental conversation. Well, it seems you got the information needed to know Greyhawk’s here. He looks to the door that Eclaire was led in. Eclaire went in to find more information, but it appears that I am not well liked by the guard. He looks around at those who eyed him and her. Not only that, but we have some people here who might be on to us. He looks back at the guard, and back to Daniel. He has an idea. Daniel, I know we are not in combat, but is there a chance that you could............. shall I say, ‘convince’ that guard to let me in?

- Daniel - The Psyker - Rose's Grace - 

"I want a glass of your most potent drink" Daniel relayed to the guard, who had come to them asking if they had any drinks in mind. Strong drinks helped psychic abilities more than one would think, they helped relax the body, which was very helpful under stressful psychic situations, albeit it made things more unstable, but Daniel was very strong with drinks, so he knew he could take it.

As he waited, everyone else relayed their plans mentaly

'If you say so Adamin' Daniel spoke back mentaly to her as she relied the situation, cutting her off from the mind link momentarily. A long range mental communication was hard, but he'd have to do for now. Concentrating for a few seconds. After a few seconds of concentrations, wherever Solomond would be, he'd hear a small whisper in his ear, from the back of his head.

'Solomond, do you copy? we've not been able to reach you through comms, so minds will have to do, we are currently at a private room on the Rose's Grace, anything you want to fill in?' Daniel asked Solomond, who'd simply have to reply mentaly back to him.

After sending his message to Solomond, Daniel witheld the link momentarily to look at Jake.

'Give me a second Jake.' Daniel broke eye contact with Jake to stare at the Guard, the moment the guard turned his vision to him, he'd be hit with a psychic wave of control, wrasping around his mind, the feeling would be of relaxation, any hostilities he had towards the group would be gone, and he'd let Jake in. This effect would last a varying ammount of time, depending on how mentaly strong said guard was, as much as Daniel wanted a complete domination of the guard's mind, he couldn't do so without breaking the entire mental network between him and his comrades, and in the meantime talking to Solomond.

'Try talking to the guard again, see if it works.' Daniel told Jake mentaly.

A visible drop of sweat began rolling down Daniel's head, from the stress of doing so many psychic things at once.

Edited by Scrapmaster

Solomond shuddered “ewww dont do that without warning next time” he grumbled before running through the info he gathered. “I cant control cameras there but i did get a bit more info on the layout. It seems its just one continuous hallway through the main door and a sharp turn to your right. There should be a giant empty room there. I think it might actually be Greyhawks hangar for his ship. Move in and move fast. No telling when that pirate might leave.” He grins. But there is another way if youmare willing to be risky and want to play with fire that is.. around thr back there is a wall which could be torched open toforce yourselves into one of the backrooms that way you can slip past the anyone who might see you i just cant guarantee the room you bust into will be empty.”

The guard stiffened up but then relaxed after he entered the room once again. His posture much calmer and he seemed much happier than he already was. "I brought your drinks and am to tell you that a Hostess will be by soon with your food."

Edited by HeartOfFerria

Eclaire stepped out of the room, rolling her shoulders. Seeing the guard relaxed and not paying attention, she quickly hurried down the hall, to the door that Thalmora had directed her to.

And so she knocked. Putting on a nervous air, she looked around, ears down flat, tail slightly bushy. Put them off guard...and hope the others worked quickly...that, or she found out how to get a signal to them. One step at a time.

Tibarn locked eyes with Daniel.  I'll head out in just a few, then, with the layout that Solomond described in mind.  I'm not too keen on torching walls down myself.  If I get caught I'll simply explain that I'm looking for an ATM.  Should be believable enough, especially if they think I'm a little tipsy.

The brunet then realized that Adamina was not aware of the conversation, the Loft seeming a bit lost.  He casually took the pen and paper in hand, writing while speaking.  "Y'know, I really think that lady at the front desk should have a lesson in manners.  I mean, here we are, requiring little and offering to pay a large sum, and she's suggesting that I'm slow!  I wanted to throw a knife at her and explain it away by saying that I'm 'slow,' but that probably wouldn't have gone too well, would it?"

He tore off his note and handed it to Adamina.  His writing was chicken scratch and difficult to make out, but he briefly summarized the conversation that she had missed, including his intention to leave the room.  With that the brunet rose.

"Well," he said stretching, "off to go track down that ATM.  Ma's probably getting real antsy about her child support.  You know, child support from the 'child'.  I'll catch you all in a few."  He casually raised a hand in a wave, greeting the guard at the door.

"Ooh, thanks."  Tibarn snatched up his whiskey, drank the entire shot in one go, and started to head out of the room.

Adamina chuckled at Tibarn's comment about slowness as she watched him jot down a collection of notes, her quick mind coming into play when discerning them.  There were a number of confusing areas, but she figured them out for the most part.  Her eyes sparkled to life at the idea of torching a wall, but it seemed like that was downplayed by the group, or maybe just from Tibarn, so she decided against taking immediate action.  The gleaning about the guard was useful, and she wondered if the guard was able to be fully hypnotised or not.  If he did not have very strong willpower, they can easily extract information from him.  She hoped such was the case.

"See you in a few, hon!" she sent back with an elegant wave, just in case the guard was not well on his way to Hypnosis City just yet.  After Tibarn would leave, she would wave over to the guard to bring the meal stuffs over.  "Sit down and take a load off, if you would like," she replied to the guard, hoping he would do so.  It would make the session of probing his mind with Daniel's great abilities subtler, quicker, and easier.

The empty room Solomond described sounds like a good hanger entrance.  If we can gain entrance to it, our bounty claim can be nearly assured, she thought to herself, being no longer in psychic connection with the others.  Daniel does not look so good, however.  He might be straining his natural gift for multitasking again.

As Tibarn left he caught a glimpse of Eclaire leaving her room and heading in the opposite direction. towards a door at the end of the hall. seems that she had finished what she was doing and was now proceeding to access another area.

The guard shook his head. "Im sorry ma'am but Im on duty right now. I could only imagine the punishment I would receive if I got caught slacking. As for you meal. worry not, The hostess should be there shortly." he smiled. the Hypnosis certainly made him easier to talk to but not enough to do something that may make him lose his job. \

Daniel could hear Solomond speak up again. "Im on my way. Ill bring the Flame Cutter and a few other tools for you guys. just meet me in the alley way that I stands next to the Rose's Grace. unless you have another plan"

Edited by HeartOfFerria

After Tibarn left his crewmates and continued down the hall, it occurred to him that he had no way of communicating with them.  Not if things went well, nor if they went south.  His comm link was tucked away somewhere back on their ship, and he wouldn't be able to hold his connection with Daniel over a very long distance.

Danny, dunno if you can hear me or not, Tibarn thought, a mere few feet away from their room.  But I'll come back for you all once I figure out what kind of security Greybeard has around the hangar.

He casually strode down the hall after that, nodding toward a few passersby as he went.  No one seemed to pay him much mind, so that was a reassuring matter.  Toward the end of the hall he felt that one woman would not take her eyes off him, which sent chills down his spine.  He wasn't sure if it was because of his stunning good looks, or he was arousing suspicion, though he assumed it was the latter.

"ATM, ATM," Tibarn muttered aloud, in hopes that some of the patrons–or security–would hear him and be assured that he meant no harm.  "Ma's gonna kill me otherwise, and I haven't the funds to tip our waiter like I'd like."

(Revision)

Our Heroes, having gathered information, snuck into what was beleived to ve the lair of the fierce Captain Greyhawk, and disabling the guard, now have regrouped on the other side of the door at the end of the hallway. Infront of you lies a ship carrier, storing two ships. One looks shoddily constructed, with scraps of metal and mining gear strapped onto a destroyer ship, and the other small and neat, on the side of thr small ship read the name “Principality.” There are several crates and boxes of scrapmetal and ores. As well as a few, nefarious looking people about. The shoddy looking ship seems to be in the process of loading while the other remains undistirbed. Your group hasnt seemed to be spotted yet.

With the crew all gathered together once again, infiltration was a cinch, and they ripped open the door at the end of the hall to find quite the site to see, a colossal hangar with suspicious crew members scattered hither and yon.  Thankfully everybody seemed to move to a safe place before being spotted, and Adamina snuck a peek out from one of the nearby boxes of ore, trying her best not to gag.  The blasted shards and the neatly laser-mined rocks equally seemed to contain sulphur, and a lot of it.  In the depths of space, sulphur was a rare find in an asteroid.  While it was more frequently gathered on a gas giant, asteroids required less time refining, so it was a precious commodity in remote places like this.

"I'm willing to bet that the smaller ship is our target's ship of choice between the two," commented Adamina in a dry manner before getting serious, looking between the two polar opposite ships.  "If only it did not risk destroying the whole space station, I would suggest sabotaging the big ship so that the aft and port engines fired off to crush the smaller ship, but who knows how many lives would be lost if that happens.  Any ideas, lady and gents?"

Tibarn withdrew one of his throwing knives and twirled it about his index finger, eyeing the two ships from behind the boxes that Adamina concealed herself with.  His gaze followed the working crew men, before eyeing the nicer ship.  "I'd say let's go for that one," he said lowly, nodding his head in the direction of the finer ship.  "If I were Greyhawk I would want to travel in a lap of luxury to commit my atrocities.  That other thing looks like it's going to fall apart if someone breathes on it."

He jerked his thumb in the direction of the onramp.  "Those fellows are busy loading up, so if we're careful we should be able to sneak onto the other ship.  We'll just have to be quick, and it wouldn't hurt if we created a diversion away from us.  Anyone got some explosives handy?"