Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Joanie

The Mandela Effect

If you don't know, the Mandela Effect is the phenomenon where a huge amount of people believe something that didn't happen, false memory. Example: the Berenstain/Stein Bears. It's named for Nelson Mandela, who was believed to have died by a lot of people. (He's alive)

What universe are you from? :P

Is it similar to deja vu?

In a way yes, I'd say so. Deja Vu is when you remember something happening before but it's happening right now. So yeah, it's a false memory, but (usually) only one person is having it.

In a way yes, I'd say so. Deja Vu is when you remember something happening before but it's happening right now. So yeah, it's a false memory, but (usually) only one person is having it.

I guess it falls in a similar category as premonitions.  Honestly, there are so many phenomenons that we could discuss such as convergent dreams, deja vu, and premonitions.  However, the topic is regarding The Mandela Effect.  I've had my share of false memories in childhood.  I haven't had convergent dreams or premonitions like my mom supposedly had from time to time. 

I guess it falls in a similar category as premonitions. Honestly, there are so many phenomenons that we could discuss such as convergent dreams, deja vu, and premonitions. However, the topic is regarding The Mandela Effect. I've had my share of false memories in childhood. I haven't had convergent dreams or premonitions like my mom supposedly had from time to time.

Some people call them glitches in the universe. I've had quite a few. I used to think Stan Lee (creator of Marvel) and James Earl Jones (voice of Mufasa and Darth Vader) were dead.

Some people call them glitches in the universe. I've had quite a few. I used to think Stan Lee (creator of Marvel) and James Earl Jones (voice of Mufasa and Darth Vader) were dead.

That's interesting.  I've always wanted to have a premonition or at least some sort of convergent dream.  That's why I was into a lot of supernatural shows like Disney's So Weird and ghost documentaries.  Interesting enough I never got into Ghost Adventures because of the whole psychic thing and cameras being all over the place.  I am getting off topic.

That's interesting. I've always wanted to have a premonition or at least some sort of convergent dream. That's why I was into a lot of supernatural shows like Disney's So Weird and ghost documentaries. Interesting enough I never got into Ghost Adventures because of the whole psychic thing and cameras being all over the place. I am getting off topic.

nah, it's fine dude :P

I watch some of those shows, I don't mind Ghost Adventures. I like The Dead Files. I might make a thread for general spookieness

I watch some of those shows, I don't mind Ghost Adventures. I like The Dead Files. I might make a thread for general spookieness

I watch some of those shows, I don't mind Ghost Adventures. I like The Dead Files. I might make a thread for general spookiness.

Yeah, I've thought about a lot of shows that have gone forgotten.  Most of the documentaries that I watched are somewhat difficult to find.  I still wish So Weird got better treatment on its third season.  There is just something intriguing about a teenage girl that runs a website focused on the supernatural while living on a tour bus with her mom, her brother, her mom's bus driver, his kid and his wife.  The second season was a fitting in for the show since it dealt with the topic that I am sure some people have talked about regarding twins.

Twins have some sort of psychic connection, if you hurt one of them.  The other feels the pain.  I think a thread about forgotten shows or the supernatural could do some good.

Yeah, I've thought about a lot of shows that have gone forgotten. Most of the documentaries that I watched are somewhat difficult to find. I still wish So Weird got better treatment on its third season. There is just something intriguing about a teenage girl that runs a website focused on the supernatural while living on a tour bus with her mom, her brother, her mom's bus driver, his kid and his wife. The second season was a fitting in for the show since it dealt with the topic that I am sure some people have talked about regarding twins.

Twins have some sort of psychic connection, if you hurt one of them. The other feels the pain. I think a thread about forgotten shows or the supernatural could do some good.

Sometimes me and my mom say the same exact thing at the same exact time.

I'll make one.

I remember when I was a kid at daycare.  There was a teenager that was the son of one of the workers there that looked after us.  I could have sworn that the kids called the guy Pajama Boy.  So, like a little jerk, I called him that but the other kids just looked at me weird.  Maybe, I mixed him up with that episode of Hey Arnold where Iggy wears bunny pajamas.

I remember when I was a kid at daycare. There was a teenager that was the son of one of the workers there that looked after us. I could have sworn that the kids called the guy Pajama Boy. So, like a little jerk, I called him that but the other kids just looked at me weird. Maybe, I mixed him up with that episode of Hey Arnold where Iggy wears bunny pajamas.

That's kinda weird and funny. That definitely is False Memory, but I'm not sure if its considered Mandela Effect if only you experienced it. But seeing as this is the Random Section, oh well :P

Thanks for sharing tho. I love reading about this stuff.

Sign in to follow this