Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
PrinceNoctis

Let's talk about Roxas

POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD! 

Roxas appeared twice in the newest Kingdom Hearts III trailer. The first time, we saw him as a memory or illusion in the Big Hero 6 world, and then we saw something that looked like the REAL him in Twilight Town. Was that really Roxas and how did he return? I have a THEORY  :biggrin:

Exhibit A:

How can we be sure that was really Roxas? The truth is, we can't be 100% sure, but we do know from this trailer that Sora, Donald, Goofy and the Twilight Trio are going to try to return Roxas to the real world by going to the other Twilight Town and finding his data. So Roxas would obviously return in Twilight Town and since that's where we saw him, we can assume that the Roxas we saw was either Data-Roxas or the real Roxas.

post-39018-0-40345800-1537283565_thumb.png

Exhibit B:

Let's say that was Data-Roxas, what would they do with him? Why do they need Data-Roxas? Well, Roxas' heart exists within Sora (confirmed in the E3 showcase trailer and in DDD...kinda), but it doesn't have a vessel to exist in. My guess is that they're going to use Roxas' data or Data-Roxas as a vessel for his heart. So the Roxas we saw will eventually become the real Roxas if he wasn't already.

post-39018-0-78085000-1537283596_thumb.png

Exhibit C:

Now why do I think they're going to use Data-Roxas as a vessel for Roxas' heart. I don't even have evidence that data can physically exist outside the Datascape. OR DO I? HA! We know from the BH6 trailer that data CAN exist in the real world as we saw the bug blox appear in San Fransokyo and it seems from that trailer that Roxas has not returned when Sora visits San Fransokyo, in particular because of the "Roxas memory" scene. 

post-39018-0-06604200-1537283893_thumb.png

Also, a lot of us in the community think that the norted Riku we saw was actually Data-Riku, meaning that Xehanort would've brought Data-Riku in the real world and used his body as a vessel for his heart.

hqdefault.jpg

My guess is that when Sora visits San Fransokyo and sees all the data shenanigans happen with Data-Riku, he gets the idea that he can do the same thing with Roxas! An idea, confirmed by Ienzo in the E3 Showcase Trailer. So Sora, returns to Twilight Town to find Roxas' data and return Roxas to the world.

post-39018-0-64160200-1537284232_thumb.png

Exhibit D:

But Xemnas and Ansem said Sora would have to abandon himself to darkness for Roxas to return. I think that's where the famous "Key to Return Hearts" comes into play. We'll see I guess.

Exhibit E:

I do think that that was the real Roxas at the end of the trailer, why not Data-Roxas? Well, remember the KHDDD opening movie. Roxas appeared there alongside Ventus AND Sora, hinting at him being his own person. And he was wielding a Keyblade...what keyblade you ask? Oblivion...the same keyblade he's wielding in the Big Hero 6 trailer. Coincidence? I think not.

post-39018-0-10501700-1537284473_thumb.png

ivxrhk6fuxm11.jpg

So what do you guys think?

POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD! 

Roxas appeared twice in the newest Kingdom Hearts III trailer. The first time, we saw him as a memory or illusion in the Big Hero 6 world, and then we saw something that looked like the REAL him in Twilight Town. Was that really Roxas and how did he return? I have a THEORY  :biggrin:

Exhibit A:

How can we be sure that was really Roxas? The truth is, we can't be 100% sure, but we do know from this trailer that Sora, Donald, Goofy and the Twilight Trio are going to try to return Roxas to the real world by going to the other Twilight Town and finding his data. So Roxas would obviously return in Twilight Town and since that's where we saw him, we can assume that the Roxas we saw was either Data-Roxas or the real Roxas.

attachicon.gifKHIII-A.png

Exhibit B:

Let's say that was Data-Roxas, what would they do with him? Why do they need Data-Roxas? Well, Roxas' heart exists within Sora (confirmed in the E3 showcase trailer and in DDD...kinda), but it doesn't have a vessel to exist in. My guess is that they're going to use Roxas' data or Data-Roxas as a vessel for his heart. So the Roxas we saw will eventually become the real Roxas if he wasn't already.

attachicon.gifKHIII-B.png

Exhibit C:

Now why do I think they're going to use Data-Roxas as a vessel for Roxas' heart. I don't even have evidence that data can physically exist outside the Datascape. OR DO I? HA! We know from the BH6 trailer that data CAN exist in the real world as we saw the bug blox appear in San Fransokyo and it seems from that trailer that Roxas has not returned when Sora visits San Fransokyo, in particular because of the "Roxas memory" scene. 

attachicon.gifKHIII-C1.png

Also, a lot of us in the community think that the norted Riku we saw was actually Data-Riku, meaning that Xehanort would've brought Data-Riku in the real world and used his body as a vessel for his heart.

hqdefault.jpg

My guess is that when Sora visits San Fransokyo and sees all the data shenanigans happen with Data-Riku, he gets the idea that he can do the same thing with Roxas! An idea, confirmed by Ienzo in the E3 Showcase Trailer. So Sora, returns to Twilight Town to find Roxas' data and return Roxas to the world.

attachicon.gifKHIII-C3.png

Exhibit D:

But Xemnas and Ansem said Sora would have to abandon himself to darkness for Roxas to return. I think that's where the famous "Key to Return Hearts" comes into play. We'll see I guess.

Exhibit E:

I do think that that was the real Roxas at the end of the trailer, why not Data-Roxas? Well, remember the KHDDD opening movie. Roxas appeared there alongside Ventus AND Sora, hinting at him being his own person. And he was wielding a Keyblade...what keyblade you ask? Oblivion...the same keyblade he's wielding in the Big Hero 6 trailer. Coincidence? I think not.

attachicon.gifKHIII-E.png

ivxrhk6fuxm11.jpg

So what do you guys think?

Well for Exhibit B: This was heavily implied in the trailers before... specifically in the one that revealed Ienzo.

For Exhibit C: We do have evidence of data existing in the real world. Back in KHII we saw the crystal and the Olette's pouch being in the real Twilight Town and brought from that same computer so... yeah it is possible and they knew it.

Oh, he's dual wielding...probably Data-Roxas then since the real Roxas would need 2 hearts within himself to do so.

Who's to say he didn't emerged with Xion inside him. I always thought for Sora as an onion with layers (Sora -> Ventus -> Roxas -> Xion)

Well for Exhibit B: This was heavily implied in the trailers before... specifically in the one that revealed Ienzo.

For Exhibit C: We do have evidence of data existing in the real world. Back in KHII we saw the crystal and the Olette's pouch being in the real Twilight Town and brought from that same computer so... yeah it is possible and they knew it.

Well, I feel stupid now lol. I thought I had made a discovery  :dry:

Edited by PrinceNoctis

Well, I feel stupid now lol. I thought I had made a discovery  :dry:

Nah don't be, too much stuff to digest that we do tend to forget stuff every now and then.

I don't remember, was Roxas able to dual wield because of Xion or Ventus?

It was because of Ventus and Sora, Xion was the "key fight" for him awakening that power. So in an essence it was because of both.

Nah don't be, too much stuff to digest that we do tend to forget stuff every now and then.

It was because of Ventus and Sora, Xion was the "key fight" for him awakening that power. So in an essence it was because of both.

Pretty sure it was because of Ventus and Roxas' own heart. It couldn't have been Sora as Sora's heart was walking around in Castle Oblivion.

Pretty sure it was because of Ventus and Roxas' own heart. It couldn't have been Sora as Sora's heart was walking around in Castle Oblivion.

What I meant was that Roxas in a way is Sora's body and Ventus' hearts in one being. Remember that even Riku explained that he could wield the keyblade because he was Sora's nobody, and he could double-wield because Ventus was also a keyblade wielder. This was explained on the BBS Ultimania long ago.

What I meant was that Roxas in a way is Sora's body and Ventus' hearts in one being. Remember that even Riku explained that he could wield the keyblade because he was Sora's nobody, and he could double-wield because Ventus was also a keyblade wielder. This was explained on the BBS Ultimania long ago.

Right right, I thought you were saying that he could dual wield because of Sora's heart and Ventus' heart. Misunderstood, sorry.

I'm just going to re-post my comment and said that I don't that's Data Riku. I think it's more like Riku-Replica. Data Riku is Jimmy's Journal. It's most likely Riku-Replica from Chain of Memories. Plus, in the new trailer he said "We've always been trying to one-up each other." Sounds more like Riku-Replica than Data Riku. In Chain of Memories Riku-Replica desires to be the real thing and he was determined to defeat the real Riku no matter what. Even after protecting Namine and be on good terms with Sora. Riku-Replica was brainwashed (I think) by Axel and try to defeat Riku one last time before he was killed by the real Riku.