Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Warin

Kingdom Hearts: Journey of the Wandering [Sign-Up and Story Planning] (Closed)

This roleplay will be a focus on original characters and their adventures, the time which can span anywhere from right after the Keyblade War to up to Kingdom Hearts 3. Preferably I would like to focus on our characters and their adventures among the worlds, but events can cross to where they are involved in the major events of each game. Here I would like to establish characters and plan out plots to get characters to meet, if anyone would like to have more personal one on one roleplays those can be established over discord.

I will introduce my character with a profile that can be used as a template for introducing your character as well.

Name: Chikao

Nickname: Chi

Race: Human

Body Type: Lean

Height: 5' 9"

Weight: 178 lbs

Element: Space

Personality: A scholar at heart, Chikao focuses on his studies and experiments sometimes being blinded to the ethics. Although annoyed by most people, he appears tolerant and tries to find a way to complete his quests most effectively. He doesn't like getting up close and personal to his opponents in combat, largely using his magic instead. Once one gets through his standoffishness he is happy to be friends. Both his ambiguous ethics and willingness to do what he deems most effective make him vulnerable to being overcome by darkness. However, that same means of reason is how he tries to keep himself kind and good to others.

Appearance: Usually standing tall with a guarded posture, his grey eyes are focused and intense. His black hair is usually brushed back and neat, but looks frizzled and spreads around to the length of his chin naturally. Having a fair complexion and sharp features. His lean figure is slightly muscular around the arms. Not shown by his usual outfit, a navy blue long-sleeved shirt with silver accents. A black cardigan is worn over it, and in a laboratory, he wears a lab coat. He wears dark pants and matching shoes, around his waist he ties his jacket which is a black coat with two pockets closed by buttons and two by silver zippers. 

History: Born into The Faded Realm, a world that used to be Vancour Arco, it became a world that for most of the year was cold and like winter with a few months of warmth. Here there were a few Keyblade Master's, one being his mentor in research, Akira. She who trained him and granted him the keyblade Ancient's Wisdom which he would later experiment and refine into Scholar's Study. In his research, he would learn of Heartless, Nobodies, and other worlds. His final lesson was mastering teleportation magic, largely accompanied by his specialty of space magic. From there Akira sent him off to other worlds to learn more.

Keyblade: Ancient's Wisdom- A keyblade covered in electric blue runes all inscribing a word of wisdom or focus. The handle is covered by guards that twist from the start to end of the handle. At the bottom of the handle is a pale orb held by a silver container that glows when the wielder uses magic, at the end of the chain is an orb with a rune with two decorative metal swirls surrounding it. At the lower part of the blade, there is another pale orb attached and a bend with the inscription 'In learning, one succeeds.' Another pale orb is attached to the top, with the very top looking like two k's swirling away from one another.

Scholar's Study- The black handle is bent into an hourglass shape with a button placed at the center surrounded by metal that extends into a metal top that separates the handle and blade. The top of the handle has guards that bend down and leave an opening at the bottom, the pale orb at the bottom is covered by a runed metal container. The orb at the end of the chain is now covered with the two decorative metals. The blade is now refined with a metal portion bearing subtle lights on the upper portions with the slight bend of Ancient's wisdom now bearing a single rune bearing the inscription and a pale orb attached to the runed blade with the very top looking simply like a k.

Let me be among the first to say welcome to Kingdom Hearts 13, and maybe the first to say welcome to the roleplay section!  This roleplay looks well thought out, or at least malleable and able to conform to the party, both things that I appreciate.  I think you will be a great fit here.

I am interested in this roleplay idea, though I have a rather full plate with real-life work and obligations.  I will attempt to join once I secure the time to invest in this.  Nice work, and I hope others will be up to joining as well!

Hello, thank you for the welcome and positive feedback. I will definitely be glad if you get the chance to join the role play.

I hope this is acceptable.  Let me know if I can do anything to change things for the better.

-- -- -- -- --

Name:  Ravia Polvo, no preferred nickname

Race: Human

Height:  5' 3"

Weight:  140 lbs

Personality:  A quiet, sheltered young woman searching for some way to express her spirited self, Ravia is shy, always willing to try something at least once, and has a few books packed away in every place not filled in her knapsack.  By the age of sixteen (16), she found books about weaving and bead art, and has developed some interest in the crafts, especially using her ability to use fire for something creative.  She is not the type that would have many friends, just a choice few and the rest are docked as fellows or aquaintances or masters.  Her choices are often based out of selflessness, though she harbours a self-awareness that is easily riled up, and when that happens she goes quiet.

Appearance:  With a red mane cropped short, a particular fondness for beads as decoration, and striking green eyes, Ravia has a way of sticking out of the crowd and attracting attention, more so when getting into her love for making fire spells elegant.  Her wardrobe is kept simple in an abundance of greens, blues, and whites (except with using beads as accents), a unique set of red and gold gloves that add to her fire acts, and a fine silver necklace with a square, polished, and green soapstone entrapped by equally fine metal.  Her face is youthful, spry, and openly shows interest in adventure.

History:  Ravia was born to a poorer family that adored books on a lesser world that she does not often talk about.  Her master showed some interest in her strong heart and determined will, which she honed alongside her arcane, mental, and physical studies.  She has a keen interest in the elements, especially water and fire, and she holds some promise in support magics.  Her Keyblade, Undulating Waters, is a testament to her flowing creativity and changing methods.

Keyblades:

Undulating Waters -- a Keyblade that tends to be constantly wet and reverberates to give bladed opponents a disadvantage when locking swords with her.  It is shaped with a standard hilt with a circular guard, with a wavy shaft that ends in two square notches taking up the last half of the weapon.  Clunky in combat but easy to swing, it is more meant for casting magic than attacking.

Oracle -- this form is focused on bouncing between being physically aggressive and slipping away from combat to perform magical feats.  Its body is slim, sharp, built for speed and not power, and hued a fine red, with a series of three ornamental white gems embedded on either side of the blade of the weapon.

Edited by Vaude
Changed Rabia's name to Ravia.

Your form is excellent. Would you like to plan the plot beginning regarding where and how our characters will meet and what the initial conflict will be?

Thank you kindly, and that sounds good to me!  I'm not sure what the best plan would be for starting the plot out, but an initial gathering is usually a good starting point for characters to meet, if not state that everybody knew of each other and are running into each other again on a commonly shared quest or a set of quests.  Do you have a planned plot?  Maybe a bare-bones outline?  If so, I would love to see some of what you have so that I can better find a good fit for the initial conflict.

I hope this helps!

Sorry I’m late, but I got something together that I hope will be acceptable.

Name: Malachai Racton

Nickname: Malac or Mal

Race: human 

Body Type: muscular 

Height: 6’

Weight: 180 lbs

Personality: Malac has always had to fight for what he had. Life is a struggle, but one that forges strength in those that can survive. This philosophy causes him to seek out challenges in order to challenge himself. He seems at his happiest when something is trying to kill him. He makes jokes and laughs almost maniacal in the face of danger. His ultimate goal was to ensure some sort of peaceful existence for his little brother and himself, but that was shattered with the death of his brother. Now, he seeks to live as his brother would have had him live: using his strength to help those who sought to gain more out of life and make a difference. It can be difficult to earn his trust, but you gain a stalwart, if volatile, friend. Due to his background and personality, Malac has delved into darkness before. It seemed like the answer to all his desires for strength, but embracing it caused him to lose what was most precious to him. Knowing Darkness’s cost, he looks to the Light for a new strength.

Appearance: Tall and macular with dark skin. Hair is a dark brown and woven into dreadlocks. His hair is mostly left loose, though he keeps a strip of cloth around to tie them up as necessary. His eyes are amber colored. He has a few scars across his body, including what looks to be a bite mark on his left fore arm. Usually wears a dark red sleeveless shirt, brown pants, and worn black boots. Over this he has a duster long coat. Accessories include a leather wristband on his right wrist, a simple metal ring on his left middle finger, and a necklace with what he claims is a dragon tooth on it. 

History: Malac and his brother Eli grew up on the fringes of society. With only each other to depend on for even basic necessities, an iron clad bond kept the brothers together as they fought for something better. For Malac, that was having enough strength to inspire fear enough to leave them alone. For Eli, it was to make a difference. It was Eli’s hopeful nature and drive to help that drew the attention of a Keyblade Master, who gifted him with a blade. After figuring out how, Eli passed it to Malac. With new power at his finger tips, Malac pushed even harder to gain strength. It was not long before Darkness’s siren call lured him in. He grew powerful in Darkness, but it began to affect him. Driving away what was positive in his life, making him even suspicious of his own brother. Blinded by the dark, Malac lashed out, putting many in danger. Ultimately, he could not control the dark power, leading to his brother sacrifice himself to save not only others put in danger, but Malac himself. Alone for the first time in his life, the surviving brother clung to his brother’s example to try to find a new way to live and a new purpose to fill the hole in his heart.

Keyblade: Dreadnaught's Swarm; The hand guard looks like a stylized scarab, with the head connecting the handle to the blade, and mandibles extending a few inches up the blade. The blade is broad and mostly flat. The teeth look like the horns of the rhinoceros beetle, with the bigger of the two horns coming off the top and curving down, and the smaller coming out of the blade below the bigger and curved up so that they almost touched. The coloring is a dark turquoise for the hand guard and a dark reddish brown for the blade. The keychain is a jeweled scarab with wings outstretched.

Colossus Defense; handle swivels 90 degrees, causing the beetle head to be opposing the users knuckles. The handle also bows out, allowing the blade to slide back. The retracted blade and the guard widen to become a roughly triangular shield. The horns rotate up and shift apart, leaving them and the mandibles as claw like projections on the shields narrower end.

13 hours ago, Vaude said:

Thank you kindly, and that sounds good to me!  I'm not sure what the best plan would be for starting the plot out, but an initial gathering is usually a good starting point for characters to meet, if not state that everybody knew of each other and are running into each other again on a commonly shared quest or a set of quests.  Do you have a planned plot?  Maybe a bare-bones outline?  If so, I would love to see some of what you have so that I can better find a good fit for the initial conflict.

I hope this helps!

Very well, an initial conflict in which the characters gather is excellent. As well as having known of each other before to not have to go through an extended introduction and just know a bit about each other already. I have something of a plot in mind, though it mostly involves a counterpart to the Organization of my own creation, The Sages of Darkness going to worlds creating plans to consume the worlds in darkness. The Sages being the Heartless of powerful individuals as they appear humanoid. I figure the Organization can be the masterminds behind a few schemes as well to eventually get the groups to clash. I figure between currently the three of us we can decide who will play each character, The Organization being a simple matter and a bit for the characters in the worlds they encounter as well but I can provide a brief description of the Sages to see if either of you would like to play them and orchestrate their plan for any given world. I would like for the worlds they encounter to be a mix of original ones and Disney ones, though I highly favor ones that haven't been in the game yet. As for additional character selection, for the Organization I usually enjoy playing Larxene.

11 hours ago, rikunobodyxiii said:

Sorry I’m late, but I got something together that I hope will be acceptable.

Name: Malachai Racton

Nickname: Malac or Mal

Race: human 

Body Type: muscular 

Height: 6’

Weight: 180 lbs

Personality: Malac has always had to fight for what he had. Life is a struggle, but one that forges strength in those that can survive. This philosophy causes him to seek out challenges in order to challenge himself. He seems at his happiest when something is trying to kill him. He makes jokes and laughs almost maniacal in the face of danger. His ultimate goal was to ensure some sort of peaceful existence for his little brother and himself, but that was shattered with the death of his brother. Now, he seeks to live as his brother would have had him live: using his strength to help those who sought to gain more out of life and make a difference. It can be difficult to earn his trust, but you gain a stalwart, if volatile, friend. Due to his background and personality, Malac has delved into darkness before. It seemed like the answer to all his desires for strength, but embracing it caused him to lose what was most precious to him. Knowing Darkness’s cost, he looks to the Light for a new strength.

Appearance: Tall and macular with dark skin. Hair is a dark brown and woven into dreadlocks. His hair is mostly left loose, though he keeps a strip of cloth around to tie them up as necessary. His eyes are amber colored. He has a few scars across his body, including what looks to be a bite mark on his left fore arm. Usually wears a dark red sleeveless shirt, brown pants, and worn black boots. Over this he has a duster long coat. Accessories include a leather wristband on his right wrist, a simple metal ring on his left middle finger, and a necklace with what he claims is a dragon tooth on it. 

History: Malac and his brother Eli grew up on the fringes of society. With only each other to depend on for even basic necessities, an iron clad bond kept the brothers together as they fought for something better. For Malac, that was having enough strength to inspire fear enough to leave them alone. For Eli, it was to make a difference. It was Eli’s hopeful nature and drive to help that drew the attention of a Keyblade Master, who gifted him with a blade. After figuring out how, Eli passed it to Malac. With new power at his finger tips, Malac pushed even harder to gain strength. It was not long before Darkness’s siren call lured him in. He grew powerful in Darkness, but it began to affect him. Driving away what was positive in his life, making him even suspicious of his own brother. Blinded by the dark, Malac lashed out, putting many in danger. Ultimately, he could not control the dark power, leading to his brother sacrifice himself to save not only others put in danger, but Malac himself. Alone for the first time in his life, the surviving brother clung to his brother’s example to try to find a new way to live and a new purpose to fill the hole in his heart.

Keyblade: Dreadnaught's Swarm; The hand guard looks like a stylized scarab, with the head connecting the handle to the blade, and mandibles extending a few inches up the blade. The blade is broad and mostly flat. The teeth look like the horns of the rhinoceros beetle, with the bigger of the two horns coming off the top and curving down, and the smaller coming out of the blade below the bigger and curved up so that they almost touched. The coloring is a dark turquoise for the hand guard and a dark reddish brown for the blade. The keychain is a jeweled scarab with wings outstretched.

Colossus Defense; handle swivels 90 degrees, causing the beetle head to be opposing the users knuckles. The handle also bows out, allowing the blade to slide back. The retracted blade and the guard widen to become a roughly triangular shield. The horns rotate up and shift apart, leaving them and the mandibles as claw like projections on the shields narrower end.

Excellent, he seems like quite the remarkable character and I can't wait to have him in the plot. I'd like to hear your take on what I have in mind for the plot as well and if you have any preference for worlds you'd like to play in or characters you'd like to play.

I will see if I can throw together a character sheet for this as well, though I am wondering how fast-paced of a role-play that you have in mind (trying to figure out if this will fit my schedule or if it will be too fast-paced for me)?  I will likely create a character from the post Keyblade-War era, perhaps a member from one of the unions.

Excellent, I don't think this will be very fast paced. Although the person playing the villain of the arc will set how long the conflict will last the general rule will be that no one gets to post again until everyone else has and everyone has to agree on how long it's fair to wait on a single person to post before continuing. I actually think you'll be the last person to join before I close this group sign up as three is generally the most I think possible to keep track of. Or let others go through adventures in a separate thread with occasional overlap.

First and foremost, a late welcome to KH13, Warin! I'm NeroKunivas, a fellow RPer and KH Fan. I'd be happy to join you in this adventure, but I've one question:

Would it be possible for us to elaborate further on our powers? It's mostly a personal preference, but I generally like to expand on my characters abilities beyond just their listed element. I don't mean to put you down or decry you, just throwing my two pence into the matter, is all. :) 

Either way, I'm very interested in what you've in store for us, so I'll be making a sheet regardless.

Thank you, Nero. Yes, you may elaborate more on your character's abilities. The sheet is meant more to cover the basics. It may be necessary to arrange splitting off into groups or having more personalized threads between members as the number here is quickly reaching past what I could handle in a shared group.

Hmm, depending on what you have in mind for the RP, I do not think we would need to have separate threads, as that would really divide our characters tremendously.  Again, I am not really certain what you have in mind, though the way that we normally role-play on this site is generally a post every 3-7 days (sometimes longer between posts), ranging anywhere from five lines to four paragraphs or so.  I am concerned that separating us would make things very stagnant, as there's some RPs where everyone doesn't post for a full 3-4 weeks or so.

Of course, you are the GM and you should host the RP in a manner that you deem fit.  I just wanted to offer a bit of insight on what I've found in this RP section, as I know that we're a little different from some RP'ing sites.

Very nice!  I can highly recommend all three of these individual roleplayers.  Their characters are fantastic.

I am glad to see that my advice was taken as well as it did, so I thank you there!  The Sages of Darkness sound like pretty cool villains, and I like how they are going to be implemented.  Depending on how difficult it is to keep as many characters as you have, I would be happy to assist with maintaining the villains and some NPCs if desired and if I have the time to pour into the RP.

In regards to the separation of the roleplay parts, caution is advised in doing so.  In one of the roleplays I hosted on another site (RPOL, specifically), I separated things into three groups in an effort to reunite them and things slowed down to the point that people left and I had to fill the void.  I know all of us as folks who very rarely leave without cause, but I do not wish to doom you to a similar result or a repeat of my past mistakes without proper warning.

Excellent.

No thanks needed, I'll be glad if you're able to help me carry out that matter.

Very well, it seems I shouldn't part off members into different threads then. My only concern is people coming in who are going to halt the plot so I'm considering I should probably keep the member count to the five of us and now close off this forum.

I think you have a very valid point in your concern about characters slowing down the plot.  Sadly it is a situation that I see all too commonly, though I think this will be a problem even if you separate people.  If there are, say, two people per group, all it takes is for 2-3 people to take 2+ weeks to post and each group is halted.  It might better the odds to have everyone together, because at least then you might be able to work around the people that you are waiting on.

Another thought is to have some policy in place for the average post.  Say that you would like posts within a certain timeframe (for this example, say 1 week), and after that characters may move on without them.  In my experience it keeps things fair whilst also giving a sense of urgency to keep regular posts.

I hope this helps some.  I have my sheet partially done.  I'm just trying to finish the history and personality sections.

Yeah. I think our current member count is good and I was actually going to discuss with you guys so we could all agree on an amount of time we all consider fair to allow each member.

Glad to hear your form progress is coming along well.

Name:  Mirai Juniperus

Nickname: Sometimes called "Miri"

Race: Human

Height:  5' 7"

Personality: Stubborn yet kind.  Mirai likes to be perfect and follow the rules, and expects everyone else should, too.  She tends to hold an air of superiority over others, and is quick to give bullies a dose of their own medicine.  Despite this fact, however, Mirai has a big heart, and goes out of her way to perform acts of kindness to those in need.  Or if she feels like it.

Appearance:  Tall and elegant are two words to properly describe this Keyblade wielder.  Mirai has jade-green hair that frames her face, with sideswept bangs that often fall into her eyes.  Her hair is short on the sides and slightly longer in the back, though reaches no longer than the base of her spine.  Her eyes are a brilliant shade of green, wide and full of mystery.  With skin the shade of a sun-kissed tan, she wears an elaborate outfit featuring many belts (thanks, Nomura), and a white X pattern across her chest, with a tiered skirt that is merely a few inches long on one side, and full-length to her ankle on the other.

History:  Mirai lives in a remnant world, having survived the Keyblade War and being scattered to a world where there was still light, as per Master Ava's orders within her Dandelion faction.  It was difficult, as Mirai lost many friends and family members from the great conflict in vying for the light.  It became her great ambition to protect the worlds and never allow them to fall to darkness again, and to not let any suffer the way that she and countless others had that fated day.  Having once served Mirai aspires to become a Keyblade Master, leading apprentices of her own and teaching them the ways of the light and how to safeguard it.  However, the path ahead has not been easy, and friends have been near impossible for her to come upon.  Often Mirai keeps to herself, untrusting and unwilling to open her heart.

Keyblades:

Zephry's Kiss – A Keyblade passed down to Mirai from her grandfather when he used to be a Dandelion.  This Keyblade has a whimsical appearance, in hues of green, white, and a hint of blue, with swirls that reminisce wind gusting amongst the trees.  Vines ensnare the dark-green hilt, and, if one pays close enough attention, it smells of juniper.  

Mirror Mirror – A Keyblade that Mirai acquired in the Dwarf Woodlands, this Keyblade features a bluebird keychain and dark diamonds along the hilt.  The blade extends and is pointed, with shard-like ends that appear to be fragments of a mirror.

I would be up for that.  The characters for the most part are set up, and Kuni is still working on his sheet for his character, so this is a good time.

What planning do you have in mind for this roleplay?  A lot of hosts for roleplays on this site have followed a rough idea at the very start and developed them as they moved along, though I would be perfectly content with a discussion regarding possibilities.

Alright, sorry for the delay. Work has kept me busier than I had foreseen.

To answer your questions, @Warin, I'm all for the basic plot you have so far. The Sages sound like solid primary antagonist. As for worlds, I've always been partially to ones like Treasure Planet and Moana. Might also be fun to stick in a pure FinalFantasy world, most likely one not represented by a character in the KH series yet. 

As for characters I'd like to play, I'm pretty flexible. There is currently no one I'd like to claim, but can take on what is needed.