Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Tails

New Final Fantasy VII Remake Trailer!

We finally get new footage of this remake after 5 years. Glad to see we'll finally get more info on it next month! From what I can hear from the voices of Cloud and Sephiroth it doesn't sound like either Steve Burton or George Newbern as them

Edited by Tails

Great so see something new, it's been so long. :) 

And it does look really pretty at least! Can't really say much about the combat yet... I'm not against FF7R having an action oriented combat, but I just hope they'll get it right. At this point I'm just looking forward to seeing more of the game. One fear I have is that they end up making the game too linear...?

Also, I kinda wanted to see Tifa, not gonna lie. xD 

13 minutes ago, littleTSUBAME said:

Great so see something new, it's been so long. :) 

And it does look really pretty at least! Can't really say much about the combat yet... I'm not against FF7R having an action oriented combat, but I just hope they'll get it right. At this point I'm just looking forward to seeing more of the game. One fear I have is that they end up making the game too linear...?

Also, I kinda wanted to see Tifa, not gonna lie. xD 

Yeah, to be honest, I'm not too hyped about the combat. Not because of the fact that it will be in real time as where in the original the combat was turn based. But because of my experience with Final Fantasy XV's real time combat. It was very clunky and just felt a bit decent. It looks like they are using similar ideas for FF7 remake's combat and perhaps (hopefully) improving it to make it more enjoyable. What really makes me hyped about the FF7 remake are the remade scenes from the original game. It will be good to see all these memorable scenes in HD and voiced. 

I'm glad that we're finally getting some news on this!  It does indeed look lovely, and I'm very excited to learn more.  I wonder if the game is still going to come out in installments or if they're planning to release the full game at once.  Hopefully the latter, especially with the game taking its sweet time to release.

As for the combat system: I kind of feel that it is a mix between Crisis Core and XV, though I agree with @Tails and really hope that they smoothed out the real time combat system from XV.  It did feel clunky.

I liked this trailer, and I am excited for next month.

The combat gameplay looks like a mix of KH and FFXV styles. I can't help but think it feels like the old Versus XIII trailer where it looked as if it was inspired by KH UI.

It also looks like you will be able to change who you are controlling by pressing L or R, which is nice.

The voices are from the Advent Children cast, I think. I hope we can get some confirmation later. 

I expect the release date to be by the end of the year, I hope I am right.

Anyways! So excited for FFVII Remake!

20 hours ago, Elrandir said:

I liked this trailer, and I am excited for next month.

The combat gameplay looks like a mix of KH and FFXV styles. I can't help but think it feels like the old Versus XIII trailer where it looked as if it was inspired by KH UI.

It also looks like you will be able to change who you are controlling by pressing L or R, which is nice.

The voices are from the Advent Children cast, I think. I hope we can get some confirmation later. 

I expect the release date to be by the end of the year, I hope I am right.

Anyways! So excited for FFVII Remake!

That's an interesting point that you make about it looking a little like Versus XIII's trailers.  I don't really remember them, but that's interesting to note that they might be pulling on some older FF content for inspiration.  As for switching characters: I really hope that's a possibility. Controlling other characters in one's party is something that I really miss which has been lacking in the more recent FF installments.