Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Hey. It's been a little while since I've posted, so I decided to make a document of my attempt to comprehensively break down the development of Final Fantasy Versus XIII. I was inspired by what we've learned about Verum Rex recently, particularly from Re Mind. I redirect my sources to a Reddit page that has all of the links compiled together. I did not make this page, but here's the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/aoohys/spoilers_citations_thoughts_regarding_versus_xiii/ 

I know this isn't exactly Kingdom Hearts, but in light of how it is becoming a relevant topic, I wanted to clear up any confusion based on what was revealed about the game over the years. I plan to make a second document continuing this one soon. Please enjoy.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O4gnJfmLSbFTWlixj_IYeYxTxSVQeMioBPHq9uL8LNA/edit?usp=sharing

in all honesty this will always be one of the biggest mysteries in video game history ever. but if we do get a Verum Rex spinoff game focusing on yozora I think old concepts from version XIII will more than likely be using for that game. we'll just have to wait and see. kh3 remind has me very intrigued in all of this now...

12 hours ago, Brendan Spain said:

in all honesty this will always be one of the biggest mysteries in video game history ever. but if we do get a Verum Rex spinoff game focusing on yozora I think old concepts from version XIII will more than likely be using for that game. we'll just have to wait and see. kh3 remind has me very intrigued in all of this now...

which ones? from what i understand one of the problems was that the story changed all the time

On 3/28/2020 at 10:10 PM, Brendan Spain said:

Definitely. Versus is really interesting because we know enough to determine that it was different from what FFXV ended up being but we still don't really know what it exactly was. Apparently only Nomura knows the full original story, although Nojima seems to have/had at least a significant portion of influence as well. It's a major topic of discussion that I plan to dive into with part 2.

On 3/29/2020 at 10:12 AM, ocean's rage said:

which ones? from what i understand one of the problems was that the story changed all the time

See above. While the story saw significant revisions over the course of its production, Tabata considers FFXV to follow the 'core' of Versus' story, yet be treated as a different product. Meanwhile, apparently Nomura thought there were enough concepts left over to create something that also is apparently different from Versus, in Verum Rex. Of all this to say, the exact degree of completion for the story is unknown, but there was definitely more than a simple outline.

27 minutes ago, TheKingdomGamer said:

While the story saw significant revisions over the course of its production, Tabata considers FFXV to follow the 'core' of Versus' story, yet be treated as a different product. Meanwhile, apparently Nomura thought there were enough concepts left over to create something that also is apparently different from Versus, in Verum Rex. Of all this to say, the exact degree of completion for the story is unknown, but there was definitely more than a simple outline.

like i said they had a lot of ideas and we have no way of knowing how developed any of them were

I'm getting the feeling that a good bulk of what Versus was will transition over to Kingdom Hearts' coming saga, hence Yozora bearing such a striking resemblance to Noctis and the world of Verum Rex bearing such similarities to the world of Versus XIII. So honestly, I think we're in for some interesting developments during the coming decade as far as the story!