Posted July 1, 20206 yr This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003
July 18Jul 18 I love the lore feature in Octopath Traveler so much. You go to a quiet cozy village and use it on a random NPC and the text you get is "In his previous life this guy was actually Hitler and killed dozens of people but then got his ass beat and decided to live a cozy quiet life"
July 19Jul 19 Once upon a time. When we were working on FFVIII, there was this issue where once the full party members were assembled, we could hardly feature any other characters. It wasn't a huge problem in terms of gameplay, but it put a serious restriction on the story. So, for the next project I handled, X, I negotiated something like, "Please reduce the members to the bare minimum without messing up the battles. Pretty please." It was the first time on PS2, and everyone was fumbling around in uncharted territory, so I think there was also a general agreement not to "spread the futon too wide." Also, after a few projects under my belt, I'd come to realize painfully that even if you build grand, impressive cityscapes, you can't display enough people living there to match the scale. The towns end up feeling deserted, like ghost towns. (Ruins and relics look great visually, and they feel natural even without people, so you end up overusing them.) That's why in X, only small settlements show up. We reinforced that with the setting of a "world where towns don't grow large." Even so, depicting "daily life" was still tough. ...With all that as background, when I saw the slums in FFVIIR, I was blown away. A dusty town where tons of people were properly living their lives. It was the world I'd dreamed of for years. And what's even more amazing is that the team made the whole thing. Easy peasy! When I asked, "How the heck did you pull that off?" they just went, "Heh heh heh..."
July 19Jul 19 https://vxtwitter.com/discussingfilm/status/2078859464518590972?s=46&t=CsxZjxp3myvMFJdgvxghkA
July 19Jul 19 france was afk first half and started going crazy second so it became entertaining, but they still lost
July 20Jul 20 does anyone know of a good halfway point for avatar 3? i don't have time tonight to sit through 3 hours of movie
July 20Jul 20 good college friend of mine does rankings for various vidya game OSTs and took my recommendation to do Pragmata. It's premiering atm if anyone needs some good ass background music rn
This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.
Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/
Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003