Posted July 1, 20206 yr This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003
February 7, 20233 yr Pfft I don't care lolDo what u want, brotherI assume u did your own research and everything
February 7, 20233 yr just wanted to point that out, that line sounds stupid when what hawk wanted to say was kinda fairyeah i did cause i wasn't awarenow i am
February 7, 20233 yr In my personal experience I find that most people that back ol JK do it out of some kind of spite lol
February 7, 20233 yr nto sure what spite means sorryi'm backing her because i understand her point of view
February 7, 20233 yr I mean, look at it this way: is it the game’s fault JK is a bad person? If you’re not keeping up with HP (as I’m sure is the case for many kids playing this) you’re going to see it as a cool game and not an endorsement for JK nor her actions
February 7, 20233 yr The whole boycot thing is a messy situation; have a few trans friends that aren't going to buy it, but, even they thing the extent* not the *intent by which the boycott is going is quite overblown.I think separation of art and artist is possible depending on the thing
February 7, 20233 yr in this case she kinda did nothing afaikgame is its own thing ?not sure if she had a role or not in the development
February 7, 20233 yr As far as I know, no she isn't involved, the developers have gone pretty out of their way to point that out, actually
February 7, 20233 yr See that was one of my biggest questionsSince, from what I've seen, the developers have gone quite a ways to craft the game in a way that fans of the series can enjoyI do feel like you can buy and enjoy the game and still disagree with JK's views and stances.
February 7, 20233 yr It's really tricky with HP not just cause it's so massive, but, she's just so ingrained into the IP's DNAIt's like if it turned out uhhhh idk Nomura kicks babies, and trying to separate him (artist) from the art (KH) lol
February 7, 20233 yr Not quite I don't thinkLike, Persona 5 right? Like it has a director, a writer, but, not a prolific larger than life person(a) behind it we all recognizeObviously if you're an Atlus diehard you can name them but, not a name that transcends the medium like a Nomura or Kojima or Gabe Newell
February 7, 20233 yr So what? It still takes heavy inspiration from Carl Jung. Should we boycott him as well?
February 7, 20233 yr Or that motherfiretrucker Peter Molenieux lolUhh no? That's not what I meant at all lol
February 7, 20233 yr Well 1 to my knowledge Carl Jung didn't do some whack shit like JK but, even then, like, no? Cause it's just his ideasLike people who write for the Cthulu mythosLovecraft was a bastard but, his art took on a life of its own
February 7, 20233 yr It's not about being "responsible" I'm saying sometimes the artist is so integral or again, ingrained to the art that separating them can be trickyNot everyone as an absolute, but as a variable
This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.
Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/
Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003