Posted July 1, 20206 yr This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003
February 28, 20233 yr I think completely ignoring turn based isn't the way to go, but, it is, objectively, not as marketable in the West at the very least.
February 28, 20233 yr Yeah but for something that the devs are trying to do it doesn't work for the characters to be standing around waiting on a turn
February 28, 20233 yr they want FF to be as big as in the 90s but if they want to do that they have to adjust to the market
February 28, 20233 yr Well yeah thats the other thing- of the devs have a vision they should do what best suits the vision tooIt can all co exist lol
February 28, 20233 yr 7 also had a baller story lolThat's another thing too- Square imo haven't been telling as compelling stories as they once did- consistently.
February 28, 20233 yr Idk I just feel like a lot of gamers are dismissing turn based before they ever try it. Sure, it looks boring on the surface, but there is so much depth to be had once you actually engage with it!
February 28, 20233 yr Well now they got HW writer and it will be greatFf7R is a great hybrid for people who don't like turn-based and action
February 28, 20233 yr this is just my personal opinion and impression and I don't want to gaslight anyone into certain beliefs but I honestly don't think that most FF fans loved the old games because of the combat. I think it has always been the characters, world and story. I feel like no one cares about the type of combat as long as it's good.
February 28, 20233 yr because the other parts of the game will always outweightand as an example I would take all the oldschool fans that got into XIV and loved it despite it being a MMORPG
February 28, 20233 yr If you’re enjoying a game despite the gameplay then you may as well be watching a movie
February 28, 20233 yr Well i don't think they mean "in spite" like people hate itJust like, it's not their usual style, so, it's an exception kinda thing
February 28, 20233 yr See I don’t get that. For me, good gameplay can save a bad story but a good story can’t save bad gameplay
February 28, 20233 yr I'm excited for the rpg gameplay parts btwIt seems like Clive can use magic to solve puzzlesfire is already used for creating a source of lightgod of war did the same where you can throw your axe to solve puzzles
February 28, 20233 yr I think both can happen tbhLike for instance- some people that don't like turn based liking a game like Persona 5 or FF7.Or for the bad story but good gameplay, uhhh see Dark Souls lol
February 28, 20233 yr that's me lmaoin case of ff7I absolutely hate the combat and think it was absolutely terrible even for its time. Thank god they released remakeand I like turnbased combatit was just very badactually I would go even further and say that most of the oldschool ff games had bad turnbased combatI don't know if they changed some of the combat with the rerelease but I liked chrono trigger way more in terms of combat
February 28, 20233 yr it's still crazy that summons didn't have a skip option.no one can tell me that this shit wasn't possible in the 90sor fixed jobs and then removing the job system💀
This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.
Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/
Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003