Posted July 1, 20206 yr This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003
April 17, 20233 yr Snake, it's not a big deal. It's two guys in a healthy relationship. No need to throw a parade or anything; just acknowledge it, leave it alone, and move on.
April 17, 20233 yr Do you realize that making a big deal out of non-hetero relationships only serves to point out how weird they are and reinforces the stigma further?
April 17, 20233 yr https://tenor.com/view/doug-walker-fnaf-turning-around-turning-doug-turning-around-gif-23411544
April 17, 20233 yr Yeah but to a big part of the world and your part of America by the way it ISNT normalized- it IS seen as weird. If more are on screen, it BECOMES normalized.
April 17, 20233 yr Okay, but that doesn't mean that making a scene out of it is going to make it any less weird. If anything, it just draws unneeded attention. And I am saying this as someone who is bi. I don't want to be celebrated; I just want to be left alone. Is that so much to ask?!
April 17, 20233 yr I was merely talking about it- having a civil discussion or pointing something out isn't "making a scene of it", it's just talking about it- simple as that
April 17, 20233 yr You're slipping yourself into the conversation when I wasn't even talking about you- it's alright. Not your fault. But you're doing it.
April 17, 20233 yr Please. If this were a hetero relationship, you wouldn't have ever pointed it out.
April 17, 20233 yr We are in a time where we walk a fine line in terms of LGBTQ representation. Attention is needed due to the aforementioned stigma and overall lack of rep previously, but we need to make sure not to make every instance of rep such a big deal so that it can become normalized (like how non-lgbtq rep currently is). It's not gonna be easy to maintain balance for a while, but we'll keep making the effort
April 17, 20233 yr Like if this was 10 years ago I'd have talked your ear off about Starco But then the last 2 seasons of Star vs happened lmao
April 17, 20233 yr You could have just called it cute/good and left out the gay part. It was not needed.
April 17, 20233 yr Ohhhhh my GoddddddYeah -i agree with that. That sentiment didn't make me friends in 2016-2019 cause, I always said "we cant settle for the bare minimum" when it comes to rep. Imo anyway
April 17, 20233 yr HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY LOGICAL SENSE?! HOW DOES BLOWING SOMETHING OUT OF PROPORTION AND MAKING A BIG DEAL ABOUT IT MAKE IT ANY LESS WEIRD?! That's like saying a parade isn't a big deal as it passes by your house; trumpets blasting at full volume.
April 17, 20233 yr The time for inside voices has come and gone. I've had as much of this nonsense as I'm willing to tolerate.
This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.
Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/
Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003