Posted July 1, 20206 yr This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003
August 7, 20233 yr Only ever had died once in NG+ Final Fantasy mode, felt no difference at allIts upsetting
August 7, 20233 yr I am currently playing Chained Echoes for the first time, a very FF inspired game by German developers
August 7, 20233 yr It really is sad we can't get a mainline game like thatWhen a western indie company makes a better RPG game than your tenthpole game, it really does suckLike I am not saying turn based in a main line game, even though I do want to see thatBut there is so much more you can do
August 7, 20233 yr I wished FF7 remake would let you choose between turn based or new style gameplay, though might be too hard to ask
August 7, 20233 yr Persona is all flash, take it away and it plays exactly like a normal turn based game. Like I get people like it but there is so much more you can do with turn based.FF10 has a better style of turn based, whatever it's called. I tried out the demo of a new game called Sea of Stars and it has a great turn based style that's still interactive.I like the flashiness of P5 but that one is not the best
August 7, 20233 yr It honestly depends on the difficulty. On the harder difficulties you will absolutely need to baton pass strategically and take advantage of stat manipulation
August 7, 20233 yr Oh yeah I am not saying it's bad, I just mean it still plays like regular turn based games. It has some added benefits like baton pass, the team up attacks (in Royal) and the addition of confidants getting abilities the more you bond with them.
August 7, 20233 yr It's a system that's fast and payouts for what you do are great when getting a 1 more/baton comboThat's why even some people who don't play rpgs especially turn-based like it and that what FF need to figure out if they go back to it.
August 7, 20233 yr Square really went the complete other direction with FF16. There are 70 sidequest and atleast 3/4 of them are some of the more boring sidequest there is. The gears being completely useless and all you get is just more attack and defense. You only have one weapon in the game with base abilities you get 3 hours in that never changes throughout the 40+ hours it takes to finish the game.The worlds are somehow more empty than FF7 Remake, and that's an insane firetrucking thing to say.
August 7, 20233 yr (Even tho it's a damn gacha) star rails another, it's fast and flashy which appeals to more people
August 7, 20233 yr They went so far for the "casual" crowd that they not only forgot about their old fans, they couldn't even make their base game have a decent challenge when going for an action based game
August 7, 20233 yr Square expected more for going in this direction, it didn't work outI didn't mean to sound negative there, I fully agree hahahaExcept that stupid robot palace
August 7, 20233 yr I can see where you’re coming fromPotential hot take: mid to late game Earthbound is some of the most fun I’ve ever had in turn based combat
This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.
Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/
Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003