Posted July 1, 20206 yr This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003
September 15, 20242 yr ||Alright you know the shades right ?. Well turns out those shades are the souls of the humans, those humans underwent this stupid project called “gestalt” the shades are the human souls called the gestalts and the human bodies are the replicants. These replicants were engineered as part of the project. To save humanity, their souls were split and stored but iirc they weren’t stored properly or smth which caused them to seep outside and become the shades you know. The “humans” and you the character are all replicants of your human soul. Once the project was complete, wiess and the other book (i forgot its name) were meant to be used as the catalyst to rejoin the gestalts and their replicants back into a full human being. So basically the story revolves around you the replicant of the shadow lord, trying to save your sister from the black scrawl but it turns out that its her gestalt that had relapsed causing her to develop the disease You know how in the beginning of the game you touch a book and now its like 1000 years later ? Its devola and popola who were put incharge of monitoring these replicants the “humans” who split your gestalt from your body so your replicant could live long enough to find a cure for your sister||So all the while the shadow lord is the real big brother and you’re just there to help cure his sister (or your sister) thats why devola and popola kept directing you to places so you could find wiess (because you’re the only one compatible with the book, theres lore reasons to this dating WAYYYYYYYY back before nier and his sisters city got destroyed) If you dont get it then uhh maybe use google, im not the best at explaining stuffAll this bs iirc came started from the white chlorination syndrome from the ending of drakengard 1
September 15, 20242 yr I figured the thing with the Shades pretty early. Before you get Weiss in that tower thing, the small Shades didn't hit you at all despite standing right in front of them. Made me thing they are human somehow and are children
September 15, 20242 yr Yeah the ||shades unfortunately are humans that have been stripped of their souls, you remember the tree with those dreams before the timeskip yeah ? Thats where devola and popola store replicant data and make new ones
September 15, 20242 yr There's only 5First clear, second clear, third clear choice a/choice b, then the secret final ending that a bit stranger to get, but imo is super cool
September 15, 20242 yr ReplicantAutomata had 5 endings tooNot even sure you can call them endingsYou have to play through each of them
September 15, 20242 yr It's kinda the same deal here, where you have to play though each of them but each time you go through it again, you get more context for the bosses and some other stuffThe playthough only gets really difference on your third clear
September 15, 20242 yr Imo I think it's worth it, but that's a bit of bias cuz I think I enjoyed replicants gameplay a lot moreI played replicant first before automata and I think replicant is a much tighter experience overall, though the words mechanic is kinda weird and a little silly
September 15, 20242 yr I have no idea eitherI just killed shit and then sometimes, a word would pop upI think I remember enjoying it more than the chips in automata, but it's been a bit since I've played them both
September 15, 20242 yr It's been like 5 years since i played automata, I don't remember how the chip system workedI don't mind the word system itself, it's just annoying to navigate in the menusHaving to constantly find the right weapon, magic etc and then choose the wordAlthough I found out I can just pick "best word" and it does it for me but I still need to do it manually
September 15, 20242 yr yeah, it's pretty streamlined in that sense like you just pick the word with the best buff and you're good to go
September 15, 20242 yr Oh we just talked about this earlier lmao 😭I admit it does look good but how is the gameplay like
This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.
Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/
Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003