Posted July 1, 20206 yr This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003
May 25, 20251 yr Maybe they get beaten out in the story department but mechanics wise I LOVE playing these games bro
May 25, 20251 yr I recently played Rebirth again and while I enjoy the combat system none of the characters just feels as good as clive in terms of controls
May 25, 20251 yr 7 has Materia system, 8 has GF, 9 has the equipment systemYou still have the general idea while bringing in something new
May 25, 20251 yr Now I DO need to play Dragon Quest at some point, to be fair, but, I dont see myself jumping off the Atlus meat riding lolDo yourself a favor and play Digital Devil Saga on PS2, shit rips dog
May 25, 20251 yr I can get that but I still had more fun playing Rebirth 50 hours in than I did 16 just because of the variety in characters
May 25, 20251 yr oh I agree with thatI just want the same feeling in terms of controlsRebirth has some insane input lags
May 25, 20251 yr Genuinely I think that's one area Square objectively has "failed" on since 13Like firetruck FF13 but at least that game had BUILDS.
May 25, 20251 yr Rebirth combat reminds me regarding that a lot of FFXIVbecause XIV has the same issue
May 25, 20251 yr oh btw. apparently ciel's playstyle in 33 is based on FFXIV. apparently she's inspired by FFXIV astrologian and also has moves like Stormblood and Shadowbringer
May 25, 20251 yr https://tenor.com/view/vegeta-dragon-ball-movie-super-saiyan-vegeta-gif-10174829483121431628
May 25, 20251 yr Atlus imo has always consistently excelled at making their party members feel unique in their mechanical identity, and distinct in their contribution in their kits. True Metaphor allows you to "do whatever you want", but theyre not blank slates a la FF3 and 5. There ARE classes that benefit other characters more than others. Final Fantasy, 16 eliminates acrual party members entierly, but also they went all in on having MC's be jack of all OP trades that almost excuses why there's no true party members distinction in some of their shit.Granted this is only a "problem" in a few games, and Rebirth and Remake do a good job at everyone feeling unique and distinct
May 25, 20251 yr But there's clear "meta" options i feel the games try to push you towards instead if allowing full customizable freedom that doesnt just knee cap you on power scailing.
May 25, 20251 yr While each character have their own personas they will play in the same way, just with different elementsAnd that's fine, nothing bad about it but it doesn't feel like there is much variety in thatWhich is why I like FF7 remake trilogyEach character is unique but you can also build around them with the materia systemActually another recent game did betterClair Obscur
May 25, 20251 yr Some inputs and the camera tracking. The camera for combat bothers me most. The team attacks and synergy are so nice, though. It's a shame that the characters take damage while doing their flashy intro animation that I can steer to avoid or even in the midst of the strikes for the actual attack movements.
May 25, 20251 yr Its turn based and each character have their own distinct system in how they play and work, but with the Luminos system you can build out a variety of ways in how they play
May 25, 20251 yr I disagree only in the sense that while true there's some similarities, the make up of your party matters, and they all (assuming your on ai mode) behave differently.I feel in some of their older games this was mkre apparentLike SMT 3 and Persona 3 for example. Digital Devil Saga i mentioned earlier: yeah everyone can learn the same stuff, like Metaphor, but their stats allocate differently, making each party memeber feel more unique imo
May 25, 20251 yr Yeah. More customization for button mapping or alternate presets for controls would be nice.
This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.
Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/
Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003