Posted July 1, 20206 yr This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003
June 23, 20251 yr If DK gets a metacritic score of 93 or 94 I can't see the other games winning. DK is a family game first, gets the Nintendo bonus, people will praise that a niche Nintendo franchise is a rising star in the industry. They are gonna throw the other games under the bus and I hate itI wouldn't be surprised if DK even outsells 33 and the other games in the first monthjust due to it being switch 1 and switch 2even the most niche title of niche titles pikmin 4 sold as much as 33's first month sales in 2 months and pikmin 4 wasn't even multiplatform unlike 33also guys play Pikmin. the games are peak
June 23, 20251 yr I mean from the looks of things, DK seems like a really fun game but I don't think it will win in a landslideIf its as good as it looks then its definitely going to be a contender
June 23, 20251 yr the thing is I thought exactly this about mario odyssey and even BotW when I saw their trailers and then they destroyed all other games2016 Zelda fandom Tea was wild because I hated BotWnext JRPG that is gonna get firetrucked is Persona 6 when it releases the same year as witcher 4 or gta💀
June 23, 20251 yr this was the comeback of all time especially after the Wii U eraZelda and Mario are 100% this time their mid gen gamesI hope DK gets a good score and sells well. If it sells well Nintendo can bring back any franchiseHow about a partnership with microsoft to release a new banjo game that doesn't suckor Golden Sun 1 + 2 Remake
June 23, 20251 yr That would be a horrible ideaThe people who were at Rare at the time aren't there nowYou won't be able to create the same thing, you need a new studio for it
June 23, 20251 yr imagine GS1 Remake with botw style puzzle mechanics and sick turn-based combatno one has ever done this
June 23, 20251 yr Try and insinuate DS2 is doing well just cause its Kojima 😔The dude who dudes been praying for the downfall of since 2001... 😔😪
June 23, 20251 yr I do think the writing style got a lot less flack because its KojimaDoesn't change that its still a good game, although not one for me
June 23, 20251 yr I feel that based on my personal experience, Kojima's writing is always given flak and criticismWhen I see someone day "this is Kojima 's most streamlined story" or whatever I worry its like MGS5.I love that games gameplay, but im sorry, I just think Kojima needs the cutscenes for his stories to be fully realized
June 23, 20251 yr From the first two hours, no its not like that eitherIt really feels more old school KojimaCutscenes aren't endlessly long and the story keeps it movingAt least so farI mean yeah, I don't disagree but there is a vast middle ground between MGS5 and Death Stranding
June 23, 20251 yr would you say it's similar to like MGS1 pacing?Like that game had cutscenes but I feel it got you back into the game pretty quick minus a few talky sections
June 23, 20251 yr I would say so yeahLike from the first DS game you had that beginning section with the president and die hardman that lasted like 10 minutesAnd just endlessly expositing dialogue with words coming out the wazoo with technical stuff you have no idea onThis one goes way more into the point
June 23, 20251 yr second half of Eva be like-ok cool that sounds goodIm really intrigued to see how the action evolved. Friend of mine said some folks are saying this is "basically MGS5"
This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.
Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/
Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003