Posted July 1, 20206 yr This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003
July 4, 20251 yr https://x.com/xjosh/status/1940829237822607532?s=46&t=5hbnIyK20Ymia8PvD7t2LQYeah he can go firetruck himself for even trying to talk bad about this
July 4, 20251 yr oh, we were talking about system differences?can i get some context for what's even happening here?
July 4, 20251 yr I'll just copy paste the first paragraph from SKG's website ""Stop Killing Games" is a consumer movement started to challenge the legality of publishers destroying video games they have sold to customers. An increasing number of video games are sold effectively as goods - with no stated expiration date - but designed to be completely unplayable as soon as support from the publisher ends. This practice is a form of planned obsolescence and is not only detrimental to customers, but makes preservation effectively impossible. Furthermore, the legality of this practice is largely untested in many countries."This Josh dude seems to not support them I think?
July 4, 20251 yr i knew a little about the movement, but i'm also confused about this josh guy and why 1 million is something he's proud ofhttps://www.ign.com/articles/how-much-of-kojimas-games-are-actually-cutscenes-we-did-the-maths now this is what journalism is meant for!
July 4, 20251 yr Man, Death Stranding 1 and 2 are way closer than I thoughtI really thought DS1 was gonna be ahead by a wide margin but its just 40 minutes aheadThen again, DS2 has less runtime on cutscenes and just more of them in generalMGS4 is insane though
July 4, 20251 yr you think the ladder scene contributed to mgs3 at all, or does that technically count as gameplay?
July 4, 20251 yr In the article it says they only count the cinematics ones and not the ones with gameplay in itThat one counts as gameplay
July 4, 20251 yr idk if you have played metal gear but if mgs4 is like 1 then it makes a lot of sense. metal gear utilizes this style of storytelling very well for what the game is. When I played together with Snake through it I was honestly mindblown how well they utilized it
July 4, 20251 yr I have played 3 and 5I did see some stuff of the other games though, and MGS4 is just insanely long cutscenes everywhere
July 4, 20251 yr MGS1 has some insane foreshadowing in its cutscenes that insanely reward you if you pay attention to it. They are pancaking you 5-7 times
July 4, 20251 yr I would even say metal gear solid 1 from 1998 does in a lot of ways a better job regarding its storytelling than games like The Last of Us, Metaphor ReFantazio or God of WarI was genuinely shocked that I missed this gameI even told snake and daz multiple times in callI had 90 deaths in mgs 1 btwI died more in mgs1 than in elden ringI am so looking forward to playing mgs 2 this weekend
July 4, 20251 yr .....you throw all that shade at Kojima when you've only played his most normie-appealing games.And here I trusted ur opinion.
July 4, 20251 yr And I find these comparison to not work as well. Granted I am mostly coming from MGS3 and not counting 5 because that one is a bit of a mess (for good reason)They tell their stories in different ways and it does work well for what they do
July 4, 20251 yr the only metal gear games i've played are the demo for revengeance and the ape escape 3 parody minigame
July 4, 20251 yr I cant trust a goddamn one of you 😭Except for DaZ and Tea 😔and even they can e a little shaky...
July 4, 20251 yr why is metaphor even hereuntrue! I'II have you know I started with MGS2 Iike a reaI 2000s PS2 gamer 😤
July 4, 20251 yr oh! and i've also played super smash bros brawl and ultimate, so i'm really familiar with solid snake 😌
This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.
Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/
Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003