Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Dagesh Lene

KHUX Theories About the Future of Kingdom Hearts [SPOILERS]

After my initial reaction to the Union χ finale (in which I wondered what exactly the Master of Masters was planning), I decided to refresh my memory on all the important details that have hinted at what is coming next. From those details, I have formed some theories and have come up with some questions. These theories and questions will contain spoilers for the Union χ finale, so read at your own risk.

The Foretellers

In Kingdom Hearts III, Luxu writes about the Foretellers, also known as the Lost Masters, returning. In Secret Report 12, he writes, “Somewhere in this cyclical history of bequeathings, a chosen one will appear and reenact the Keyblade War. When this scapegoat arrives and takes my Keyblade in hand, this will be the time to take the stage and finish my role. The Lost Masters will awaken.” And in Secret Report 13, he writes, “But now at last the Keyblade War has begun, and Kingdom Hearts will open—a true and complete Kingdom Hearts, born of the clash between darkness and light. I will soon be reunited with my old companions, and in that moment my long vigil will reach its end. He will return...”

We don't know for sure what happened to the Foretellers, but since Luxu writes that he will not be reunited with them until after Xehanort reenacts the Keyblade War, this might mean that they entered Kingdom Hearts, and by the true Kingdom Hearts being opened, the Foretellers were able to be summoned back by Luxu. He would have had to do it before Sora closed Kingdom Hearts though, so this might be a bit of a stretch, but I think that it could still be a possibility.

The Darkness’ Plan

The darkness wants to expand and find bodies to occupy so that it can regain a physical form and therefore retain its will. There were two parts to its plan: “To spread throughout the data world using its signals,” and “to accompany the chosen one into the future, so [it] can lay claim to worlds not yet created.”

The chosen one is Maleficent. In fact, the darkness even told Maleficent that it was helping her to obtain a waypoint, which is needed in order to travel through time. However, Luxu appears to have fought the darkness that planned to travel into the future. We did not see what the outcome was, but, whatever the outcome was, I bet that the darkness will succeed in using Maleficent as a waypoint.

As for the other part of the plan, it appears that the Player trapped the four remaining darknesses in the portal cable, so they may be trapped there forever, but could they find a way out?

The Dandelions

The Master of Masters said that the Dandelions would be sown into the future, and while some of them were by using the lifeboats, the rest appear to have turned into Dream Eaters. If the darkness succeeds in expanding, and its numbers are great, could the Dream Eaters be summoned from the Realm of Sleep and be restored as Keyblade wielders to help defeat the darkness?

The Seven Lights

The Master of Masters said that the seven pods, or lifeboats, were for the seven lights, who would travel into the future, like he would. The seven who entered the lifeboats were:

1. Ephemer
  2. Skuld
  3. Ventus
  4. Lauriam (Marluxia)
  5. Elrena (Larxene)
  6. The Person in the White Robe (possibly Strelitzia)
  7. Maleficent

This would not only mean that Marluxia and Larxene are two of the seven lights, but it would also mean that Maleficent is one of the seven lights. Does this mean that these three will ally with our heroes to defeat the darkness?

Brain is not included as one of the seven who entered the lifeboats, and he appears to become a vessel for Luxu.

Luxu

In Secret Report 12, Luxu wrote, “I bequeathed my Keyblade to one of the Union leaders, just as the Master instructed. I watched as the Five were sent to another worldline—at no small cost—ensuring the line of Keyblade wielders will live on. And now, Keybladeless, I must depart this land to fulfill my final task. This means casting my own body aside and sojourning my heart in vessel after vessel—as many as it takes.”

He says he passed the Gazing Eye to one of the Five and became Keybladeless, but we see in the Union χ finale that he appears to have turned Brain into his vessel and continued using Gazing Eye after that. How does this match up with what Luxu wrote? Maybe he didn’t become Keybladeless until after his time in Brain’s body was over.

Luxu also writes in Secret Report 12, “In time, be it years or decades, centuries or millennia, I will meet the Five once more.”

Since Brain is one of the Five, does this mean that, even though he is probably not one of the seven lights and appears to have become a vessel by Luxu, we will see him again?

Brain

Even though Brain appears to have become a vessel for Luxu, we also see him appear in Scala ad Caelum. I’m not sure why, but it does seem like it was planned.

Since Luxu wrote that he would meat the Five once more, this probably means that we will see Ephemer again, even though he is the one that appears to have been sent forward in time the shortest distance. My theory is that Ephemer is still alive, because of one reason or another, when Brain awakens in Scala ad Caelum at the end of the Union χ finale, and that it is Ephemer that called him there for a special reason: to save Sora.

I think that Sora getting trapped in unreality was written in the Book of Prophecies. We at least know that unreality is mentioned in the Book, as the Master of Masters says, and Luxu, as Xigbar, implies to Sora that he knows what his fate will be, meaning that he was probably either informed of it by the Master of Masters or by Xehanort (Xehanort seems to have at least read some of the Book of Prophecies, since there are times when he comments about what has and hasn’t been written).

Brain was probably sent to unreality by Ephemer to save Sora, but something went wrong, and he doesn’t remember much, other than that he has to save Sora. He even goes by a different name now: Yozora.

Edited by Dagesh Lene

8 hours ago, ienzo628 said:

So,

Hide contents

Brain is Yozora?

That's my theory. True, they don't look exactly the same, but Yozora did tell Sora, "This isn't what I really look like." Also, even though I theorized that it was Ephemer that gave Brain the mission to save Sora, it could have been the Master of Masters too since, after looking back at the Secret Episode, what Yozora says to Sora implies that he wasn't given the mission to save Sora until he was already in unreality. But I still think that Brain entering unreality happens at Scala ad Caelum.

14 hours ago, Dagesh Lene said:

Hide contents

That's my theory. True, they don't look exactly the same, but Yozora did tell Sora, "This isn't what I really look like." Also, even though I theorized that it was Ephemer that gave Brain the mission to save Sora, it could have been the Master of Masters too since, after looking back at the Secret Episode, what Yozora says to Sora implies that he wasn't given the mission to save Sora until he was already in unreality. But I still think that Brain entering unreality happens at Scala ad Caelum.

How can Brain be Yozora if he was dumped in Scala ad Caelum?  Isn't Luxu also possessing Brain, so how is he in Scala ad Caelum?

1 hour ago, ienzo628 said:

Hide contents

How can Brain be Yozora if he was dumped in Scala ad Caelum?  Isn't Luxu also possessing Brain, so how is he in Scala ad Caelum?

well thats the thing, we dont know he ended up in scala ad caelum and we dont know when but it seems to be some time after luxu stole his body. and of course we dont know when in the time line that was so i believe the idea here is that he ended up in quadratum afterwards

4 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

Hide contents

well thats the thing, we dont know he ended up in scala ad caelum and we dont know when but it seems to be some time after luxu stole his body. and of course we dont know when in the time line that was so i believe the idea here is that he ended up in quadratum afterwards

Where did Brain go when Luxu was possessing him?  Did he go anywhere or just sort of go to sleep while Luxu was in charge of his body?

1 hour ago, ienzo628 said:

Hide contents

Where did Brain go when Luxu was possessing him?  Did he go anywhere or just sort of go to sleep while Luxu was in charge of his body?

Spoiler

We don't know about that yet.

3 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

Hide contents

I've been looking for where i read this and i cant find it. i thought it was one of the secret reports but its seems not. so i cant tell you anymore

Thanks for letting me know.