Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
xahanortlives

The Door to Light - Why is the KH Series so Silent on this Huge Issue?

I kinda agree. While everyone keeps saying how they're confused about the different Xehanorts and Soras, the one thing that actually does confuse me a bit is the thing about the Door to Darkness/Light. What is it? Is it Kingdom Hearts, or is it not?

Door to Darkness ==> Realm of Darkness

Door to Light ==> Realm of Light

Both doors can be literal doors leading to the realms, or dark or light portals leading to the realms.

Kingdom Hearts is also whatever anybody wants it to be. (ASoD and Xemnas wanted darkness, to the door lead to darkness [even though Sora overturned it with light, but thing is, they got there first])

Or at least that's what I think

The voice is Mickey.

That's a theory. Re:Coded didn't actually prove that.

Anyways, the Door to Light hasn't been touched on for the same reason that the keyblade hasn't really been touched on.

Figure out what that means, and you'll gain a lot of understanding in how fictional writing works.

That's a theory. Re:Coded didn't actually prove that.

Anyways, the Door to Light hasn't been touched on for the same reason that the keyblade hasn't really been touched on.

Figure out what that means, and you'll gain a lot of understanding in how fictional writing works.

Oh, so Nomura saying that the voice was Mickey makes it a theory. Alright champ, my mistake.

Got to differ with you on that one. I believe that Ventus was the Voice. I'll do post a topic sometime this month with more info on why I think that.

It's up to you to believe me or not. I know my confirmed info.

Nomura said that Mickey was the voice that was talking to Sora. BBS wasn't even thought up at the beginning of KH1, hence why it's Mickey and not Ven(Ven being the logical choice). Nomura made a fail.....it happens. lol

Oh, so Nomura saying that the voice was Mickey makes it a theory. Alright champ, my mistake.

Bro, Nomura said the voice in Re:Coded was Mickey, last I checked, he never said anything about him being the same in the original game.

The door to light and the door to darkness have definitely been elaborated on enough to give them a solid definition. Nomura confirmed way back in the first ultimania that the door to darkness was the door let only darkness pass and served as a bridge between the realm of light and darkness, and likewise, the door to light would be the door that would only let light pass and would serve as a bridge between the realm of light and darkness. It is closely connected with kingdom hearts, but in a vague fashion leaving players to come up with their own conclusions. And of course, as the series expanded it sorta became lost in the mess.

Hmm, I feel ready to write a fictional story already.

this may be just some crazy idea on my part, but what I'm starting to think that the door to darkness and door to light could be one in the same. if you stop and think, and want to be technical, one side of the door could lead to darkness, while the other side leads to light. again, could just be some crazy idea that wouldn't work out, but it's just a thought.

But are DTD and DTL a part of kingdom hearts? Then what is Kingdom Hearts. Is Kingdom hearts a kingdom with hearts? Wow my mind is again messed up :/

welcome to the kingdom hearts series. the one that's not the most sensible of series. i guess at least in terms of the DTL, it might not lead to kingdom hearts, because if that door of light that apeared before sora and riku at the end of KHII was the door to light, as sora called it, it only took them back to destiny islands. so at least in this case, if that was to door to the light, it was just being used as one would use a portal to get into the dark realm (i.e. the organization, riku as ASoD, etc.)

welcome to the kingdom hearts series. the one that's not the most sensible of series. i guess at least in terms of the DTL, it might not lead to kingdom hearts, because if that door of light that apeared before sora and riku at the end of KHII was the door to light, as sora called it, it only took them back to destiny islands. so at least in this case, if that was to door to the light, it was just being used as one would use a portal to get into the dark realm (i.e. the organization, riku as ASoD, etc.)

And welcome to the site http://kh13.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/happy.png. So DTL is just a portal same as DTD. They have to do nothing with Kingdom Hearts. But in KH1 Sora said "I now know without doubt Kingdom hearts is light" And the light came inside of the door. Isn't that door the DTD? So why did Sora call it Kingdom Hearts?

And welcome to the site http://kh13.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/happy.png. So DTL is just a portal same as DTD. They have to do nothing with Kingdom Hearts. But in KH1 Sora said "I now know without doubt Kingdom hearts is light" And the light came inside of the door. Isn't that door the DTD? So why did Sora call it Kingdom Hearts?

kingdom hearts is supposed to be the heart of all worlds. in the case of the end of KHI, the door we see there is in fact the door to kingdom hearts. now we didn't really see much of what was behind the door to kingdom hearts, just the darkness ASoD was trying to get, the light that Sora calls forward, and that little area behind the door we see when Sora, Riku, and company close the door. everything behind that little area we see is whited out, if i remember correctly, leading me to believe that there is light behind the door in the midst of the darkness in the forefront, where the darkside heartless appear.

kingdom hearts is supposed to be the heart of all worlds. in the case of the end of KHI, the door we see there is in fact the door to kingdom hearts. now we didn't really see much of what was behind the door to kingdom hearts, just the darkness ASoD was trying to get, the light that Sora calls forward, and that little area behind the door we see when Sora, Riku, and company close the door. everything behind that little area we see is whited out, if i remember correctly, leading me to believe that there is light behind the door in the midst of the darkness in the forefront, where the darkside heartless appear.

So what is the door?? Is it kingdom hearts??? Thats my question ;)

Door TO Kingdom Hearts, not KH itself in my opinion.

2 separate doors I think too, the DTD and DTL. DTD was locked in KH I. DTL is yet to be seen.

Did you just double post quote yourself?

Anyways, the DTD and DTL are both forms of Kingdom Hearts just as much as the heart shaped moon. The two doors connect the realm of darkness and the realm of light, and each let only darkness or light pass respectively. The door at the very end of kingdom hearts 2 was the door to light. This has all been confirmed btw.

I think Riku's words on what it was, the door to the light, held wisdom beyond his years. It could have been read as just a heart warming needed-to-put-that-scene-there sort of thing, but I think its ok to be taken literally. Sora accepts the darkness stating that maybe its gotten to him to, but this in doing this he was also moving closer to the true light within the darkness, and when he read the letter, the true light, the light of kingdom hearts, was brought out and became the door to light. On the other hand, the door to darkness comes from much more materialistic ingredients brought together by unnatural, selfish, dark forces. It makes sense, to me at least. Think of it what you will.