Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
hatok

Hatok's Big List O' Ways the Kingdom Hearts is Being Undermined by Recent Games (Sporadic Spoilers)

To be honest, the story isn't that convoluted as you are making it appear to be (yes time travel does add difficulty to the story,but if you pay attention the necessary bits are understandable) you can easily make a link consisting of kh1,com,kh2 and see how each "side game" effects these three games or how the three games set up DDD. Heck the chronicles. Detail every game to the points that NEED to be known so new comers can easily catch up, and if they are interested in seeing the game through their own eyes, they can simply buy they games (which are really cheap) or watch a let's play if they are strapped for cash. And I don't see why square should "appease" the casual gamer, if you aren't into KH for the story and characters you should stick to Mario,

With the sense of isolation that has been in recent kingdom hearts games, it's all been for the sake of narrative, do you have help from your friends when you are taking tests, and with bbs, that game was about each characters introspection of themselves and how they viewed their friendships with each other, you can't really do that if you are with Your friends 24/7.

I don't know how you can expect sora to evolve from his kh2 self, since we have been playing with his kh1 model for the past 5 years, coded: literally a carbon(joke) copy of kh1 sora, since he is pulled straight from the journal of his KH1 journey, DDD: completely strip of his kh2 keyblade know how and is forced to start from scratched, for all we know it's like having a stroke and losing half of your physical ability (I'm exaggerating on that point of course), but to be honest sora's kh2 keyblade ability is completely based on roxas' usage of the key (which can be seen in days), but if flow motion isn't stylish, I don't know what is.

I actually like the worlds in DDD, but I think there was too few of them and some character you could actually chat with (other than just asking if you wanted to go on a carriage) would have been better. I loved talking to characters in the previous games.

I also liked the magic attacks. Whenever I play the game, I choose the option magic in kh over defense and strength, but wasn't really able to use it. BBS (and DDD by having the command deck) allowed me to use it more, I kept Donald on for his magic, and I replayed BBS on the most difficult mode (forgot if it's proud of critical or whatever) on Aquas mode cause I like magic.

Although I do kinda agree on the treasure chest thing, I actually like them. For people it's a secondary objective of the game to do, and if you're a completionist gamer like me (where you finish the game and go back for all the secondary things to get 100% completion instead of just playing for the story) it's fun and rewarding to have found them all. Also, since I level up all my dream eaters and unlock all their abilities I find getting the candy and such in the treasure chest saved me money on buying it. Though the potions and stuff, were un-needed. I never use potion, elixir, mega-potion etc in a KH game since I always have magic like curaga etc (maybe in KH1 I used it, but that was long ago).

I think Flick rush and mirage arena would appeal to casual gamers. If you're a casual gamer though, I don't see why you'd be looking into a series that's got so many plot holes and mind blowing moments (when you know nothing of the game) when there's on-the-go games like New Super Mario Bros 2, that was made for casual gamers and people on the go.

I think Sora's real growth and development will be seen in KH3.

First off: I'm glad someone finally brought this topic up, especially you, hatok, because sometimes it seems like you're the only person on here who genuinely knows what they're talking about.

Second: I couldn't agree with you more, I pretty much lost all hope for Kingdom Hearts after DDD, to be honest. It just seemed a little to predictable, I guess, to me at least. And I can not agree more with the fact that there just feels like there's a HUGE lack of character interaction lately. And you're right, the enemies just feel like they're a mess, as in spamming and such. Personally, I hated the DDD maps, they allowed great use of free flow motion, yeah, but even that kinda got repetitive after a while of playing through the game.

Honestly, at this rate, I'm not feeling to great about KH3, I'm still a fan of the series, but it's kinda going in the wrong direction for me, just an opinion.

Very good points. Still, being more of "casual" gamer myself, I don't really notice all of these problems in game. I do have faith though that KH3 will be much better and similar to KH1 and KH2, because they won't have to worry about space limitations from the PSP or DS consoles and such.

Very good points. Still, being more of "casual" gamer myself, I don't really notice all of these problems in game. I do have faith though that KH3 will be much better and similar to KH1 and KH2, because they won't have to worry about space limitations from the PSP or DS consoles and such.

The 3DS has better everything than the PS2. Space isn't really a restriction

I agree with pretty much everything you said. Especially the treasure chest thing.

One point I want to bring up is Keyblade designs and such. They are getting kinda lazy what with BBS and DDD having almost identical keyblade designs. Sure it takes time and effort to make them, but It shouldn't be too hard right?

I'm hoping KH3 will be a huge game changer, or it will be good enough to set us up for a reimagining of the series with the next saga.

I want some of that magic that made me fall in love with KH1. I think a fresh start is what we need.