Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Tom

DeathSkull's AMV Tournament #1

Ok people, decided to do a AMV Tournament. There will be three judges (including me) to judge on your AMV.

The scenes that you will use will be: Kingdom Hearts

But first, you must read the rules, and they are not too strict.

AMV Makers:

1) Must have a Youtube account, and video must be put on there. Any other site cannot not be submitted

2) Any KH game is ok to use. That includes: Kingdom Hearts 1, Re: Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts 2, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep. Except Coded and regular Chain of Memories, they are a no, since there is not any good quality videos of Coded and CoM is 2D, that's dumb. You can only use KH and that's it.

3) If you enter the tournament, and your round is up, you have up to 3 weeks to complete it. Or you will be disqualified. Sorry

4) The video can be longer than 1 minute, but cannot be shorter than that. A good timeframe you guys can work with if you guys decide to do only part of the song would be 1:00 to 2:00 minute(s) to do. You can do the whole song. However, if you don't use the whole song, then you cannot get a perfect 10 (It will be rated 1-10). More work= Better grading. Even if it's the best AMV I ever seen.

5) Be sure to include your username in the video, so I don't get confused as I will put the videos on this first page. You can use annotations.

*EDIT* Because some people thought that 1 week is not fair, I decided that 3 weeks is fair. But that's it. You're busy for 3 weeks, then do not enter. That's all I am going to say. Also, I change the minimal timeframe, it will be 1:00 to 2:00, if you don't decide to do the whole song. But remember, if you don't do the whole song, you don't get a 10 as it is unfair to someone who gets lower than yours and does the whole song.

Now the rules for the judge:

1) Rate what you think, not anyone elses

2) You can rate 1-10. Nothing higher than 10, and you cannot not use 0 lol

3) If you did not like a video that someone puts up, then do not offend the person or insult them. (i.e. This video sucks, you suck at making AMV). None of that.

4) Do not rate and then say, "An 9 because I liked it" You got to explain what you liked about it. That is good judging

5) If an AMV Maker breaks a rule, you are not the one who disqualifes them. I do the disqualifing. You are a judge, not the host of the thread. If I am not looking at the thread and someone breaks a rule, you tell me.

And rules for the other people

Others:

1) You can say what's on your mind, but you can not do what Rule 3 says for the judges.

2) Your judging will not influence our mind. So saying, "Pick him! Pick him!" will not work for us. We decide to wins the round

3) Be good

And this rule applies to all. NO FIGHTING ON THIS THREAD! If I see any fighting, I will not hesitate to contact a mod or admin to deal with you.

Ok, now that the rules are done, here will be rounds. You will be random picked into theses rounds. Each round will contain a song that each person must use for their AMV. No other song may be used. Theses songs have been picked by me. Some of these are from my playlist, some are not. If you are an AMV Maker and you do not know the certain song, message me and I shall give you the song, or you can find them on your own. So here we go.

Eyesore by Janus

Fireflies by Owl City

Breaking the Habit by Linkin Park

Blow Me Away by Breaking Benjamin

Thanks for the Memories by Fallout Boy

His World by Ali Tabatabaee & Matty Lewis (AKA the Sonic The Hedgehog song)

It's Not My Time by 3 Doors Down

Headstrong by Trapt

Not all songs will be used depending on how many join.

The first two people to join will start off Round 1. The song will be Fireflies by Owl City.

Round 1 - Fireflies by Owl City

xionultima - Awaiting

ShinobiJoi - Awaiting

3 weeks left (March 15th)

o-o. I'm going to have to pass.

One week isn't really fair considering that most people are in school/other life-related activities, and knowing how long I take on good amv's, I'll pass due to the fact I feel it's unfair for someone like me who's actually busy, but still would like to participate. Also a more reasonable thing to do would be to give a restricted minimal time length of how long a video should be like say, a 1:30-2:30 for a minimal length if editors are given such a small time frame to work with. A full song in one week is just a little ridiculous if you're looking for people who want to put enough effort into the contest.

But good luck to anyone entering.

Well Kaiso, I can change the minimal time thing, but I am not going to wait 5 weeks until a AMV is up.

I am trying to be as fair as I can be, but I don't know how much time I can give people. I can change it but I am not going to wait that long. How long? Respond back.

Oh and a contest, you do have to put effort into it. That's why you do it lol.

Ok so it seems that 1 week seems to be unfair, so I will change it. (I seriously don't know how long it takes to make an AMV so I am sorry for thoses who thought that 1 week is unfair, I wasn't trying to give you guys little time)

However, koolkingdom, I cannot change the songs. Sorry, as I don't know what anyone listens to on this site. BUT you can suggest songs so I can make this tournament better, if that's ok. As long as theses songs aren't like 7 minutes (Like Metalica), I am not making anyone do longer than a 4 minute song (even though all the songs I picked are less than 4).

And if any believe some rules are little or unfair, PLEASE send me a message, so I can clear it up, without having too many problems with the tournament. Thank you :D

Ok so it seems that 1 week seems to be unfair, so I will change it. (I seriously don't know how long it takes to make an AMV so I am sorry for thoses who thought that 1 week is unfair, I wasn't trying to give you guys little time)

However, koolkingdom, I cannot change the songs. Sorry, as I don't know what anyone listens to on this site. BUT you can suggest songs so I can make this tournament better, if that's ok. As long as theses songs aren't like 7 minutes (Like Metalica), I am not making anyone do longer than a 4 minute song (even though all the songs I picked are less than 4).

And if any believe some rules are little or unfair, PLEASE send me a message, so I can clear it up, without having too many problems with the tournament. Thank you :D

nah, it's not really the songs, it's just the fact that i don't like doing AMVs with pre-picked songs. it's not you, it's just me

This is more of a contest i think. A Tournament is more of matches like mine. And why put the songs up already its gonna turn people off this. You could have waited and then asked the people what songs they would like to use and then choose from some of the suggestions i did and it worked.

This is more of a contest i think. A Tournament is more of matches like mine. And why put the songs up already its gonna turn people off this. You could have waited and then asked the people what songs they would like to use and then choose from some of the suggestions i did and it worked.

this is a tournament.

it has matches

at least people know if they'll like the songs or not

@ Deathskull, i don't know if you've already picked your judges, but if not could i be one? i'm far, i like AMVs, i have way too much spare time i'll be perfect :P

How are we supposed to give her good luck if she's the only one that's entered. We can't just have one person. Otherwises, Xion makes a video and wins but she can't do that xD

Can I upload videos from another site because I don't want to upload 1 minute videos on my YouTube account of videos I may not enjoy making.

*edit

Oh, never mind of what I just said, *Reads the first rule*

I guess I can't join :(

Hmmmmm, ShinobiJoi, the rules say that it can only be on Youtube.

However, if you are willing to join the tournament, and the video can be put on this site, then I will make the acception to allow you to make videos on other site. But you can not post links. So that means the video needs to have embedable.

Well, I guess I'm in.

Thank you for letting me post videos elsewhere :D

Does that make me the second person joining?

Joi you can use Use my site amvgmv.ning.com You can Embed the video on it and from it so its all good.

Well, I guess I'm in.

Thank you for letting me post videos elsewhere :D

Does that make me the second person joining?

Joi you can use Use my site amvgmv.ning.com You can Embed the video on it and from it so its all good.

he's already said he's using veoh