Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

I've been developing this since before I was dubbed the Lord of Shipping. It's not that crazy... is it?

I can almost guarantee that Adam and Ruby have/had some kind of relationship. It just seems so logical with their appearances, weapons and fighting styles.

Sorry but Monty already shot that theory down when a lot of people talked about it xD

Posted Image

I think that the moon plays an important role there was even a moon pin. I think that Yellow will have astrial powers and her name could be Yue ( Moon in Japanese). Maybe instead of having guns she uses hand to hand combat and magic. I also think that the moon could be gold and yellow is burning it to keep her youth and beauty but gold can make her based of a lot of things Such as the spinner's daughter in rumplestiltskin who spun straw in to gold or goldilocks and rapuzel with beautiful golden hair. Goldilocks burnt her tounge (beauty burns gold) or maybe she could be like king Midas and turn things to gold so she wears gloves and I think she has gloves so... whenever I think about Yellow I think about Alchemy or witchcraft this is were I got burning gold for beauty. I think RWBY Wikia forums they said she was a witch but like I said before I want them all to work together not try to destroy each other. I have alot more to say but I'll let you guys talk for a while and come back in an hour to see what you come up with! See ya!~ ^U^

I found this page that reveals several facts not many RWBY fans know. One I found interseting was that Monty says the character designs reference fairy tales and mythology(among other things), but they have no interest in retelling any fairytales and would rather tell their own story. He cites concepts such asStein and Medusa from Soul Eater, who are loosely based on classical/mythological characters.

For more check the page out:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebAnimation/RWBY

I found this page... well Weiss did but it reveals several facts not many RWBY fans know. One I found interseting was that Monty says the character designs reference fairy tales and mythology(among other things), but they have no interest in retelling any fairytales and would rather tell their own story. He cites concepts such asStein and Medusa from Soul Eater, who are loosely based on classical/mythological characters.
For more check the page out:

All of the compact rwby info that is not in this thread:

and

http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/RWBY_Wiki

other than that the trailers have everything else

Did you not dub yourself Lord of Shipping?

Silver3drago did. Worst mistake he ever made.

Sorry but Monty already shot that theory down when a lot of people talked about it xD

Posted Image

Meh, I'll just ship them then, my Triple Threat RWBY AMV of Redness! will be proof of my support to that fandom. He did not deny however that there is some relationship between the two.

Does anyone have any idea what Yellow is how she contributes to the story? I'm stuck and I feel all of you can come up with better things than I can.

Maybe. A folder name doesn't confirm everything. It could be a trick by Monty but I think it is likely Yang.

True! Although it would be cool to have a Ying Yang theme for her. Although, I think she has something to do with the moon or Astral powers due to the crescent moon pin. I was right about the gloves if they are gloves and since they said gold in the lyrics so maybe she has the Midas touch and that's why she wears gloves..

Edited by Animepowerranger22

True! Although it would be cool to have a Ying Yang theme for her. Although, I think she has something to do with the moon or Astral powers due to the crescent moon pin. I was right about the gloves if they are gloves and since they said gold in the lyrics so maybe she has the Midas touch.

Yang is related to the sun. That's why I think the name makes sense more than anything. I theorize in her trailer, if her name is Yang, the moon will be gone and replaced with a sun.

I originally posted this on RWBY Wikia:

I think that Yellow may have gloves this may mean she has the Midas touch. Also looking at the map and seeing a outline of her outfit she could be a pirate (swashbuckler in training) or something like that a ship would be a cool battle area. This is why I think she may have guns or a rifle, She burns gold she finds while adventuring to load the cannons or her gun. Maybe the battle and weapons can be based of of stuff like Kaizo Sentai Gokaiger or One Piece. Buty when I look at her outfit or her gloves I instantly think alchemy.

Some more theories I made feel fee to agree or disagree

Black:

Blake seems to follow the pattern set by Ruby and Weiss in that the characters are in large part inspired by fairy tale characters: Blake's last name, Belladonna, may have been based on Belle, the name of the Beauty in Beauty and the Beast. Additionally her partner in the trailer, Adam, also shares his name with the Beast, not to mention he's portrayed as a beast. Being shown as heartless, willing to kill the crew, and relatively sadistic (the laugh at the end), gives off a whole vibe of being a bit of a loose canon, thus like a beast.

Yellow:

It's really hard to tell but I think Yellow could have something to do with Astral magic or even hand to hand combat mixed with magic such as Tifa's fighting style in dead fantasy. Although I can also see her with guns fueled by gold or she could be a pirate and that's why she has gold. I can she a style with blades like in Kid Icarus or just to guns or twin daggers and have a fighting style like Rikku or Yuna in dead fantasy.

A second team in RWBY?
So looking at how Miles arranged the character emblems in the picture, it is obvious that the four lower emblems represent team RWBY; the rose on Ruby's belt and altar, the snowflake on Weiss's back and spells, the shadowy symbol on Blake's leg, and the last one somehow related to Yellow. That means the four above, which have never been revealed before, must be the emblems of the four people on another team in the school/academy/institution. They almost certainly belong to the second predominant team in the show besides team RWBY that either Miles and Kerry or Monty talked about in their respective interviews.
Also, just seeing the new emblems you can guess at the team's name because of the naming rules set up for the show which Monty talks about. You can see usage of these rules in team RWBY: R(ed/uby) W(hite/eiss) B(lack/lake) Y(ellow/????). Miles also arranged the emblems in order of RWBY, meaning the other four emblems should also be arranged in order to spell the name of the other team. A four letter word that sounds like a color, makes you think of a color, or is a color in some language. Judging from the picture, the four colors, and therefore colors of the four characters, could be (from left to right) Aureolin (the emblem color is slightly brighter than the yellow on Yellow's), Pink, Crimson, and Mauve, which doesn't spell anything recognizable but anyone can take a guess.

Finally, the symbols could hint at what fairy tale/legend/myth/folk story that the four new characters could reference. It looks like Pink's symbol is lightning through a hammer, immediately bringing Thor to mind. The rest look like a flower (lotus?), spear on shield, and a crescent moon. So yeah, just some more stuff to speculate about.

Could this be another team? (In the back) WOW...just WOW! I guess this explains the pins. I think Yellow is Yin.

Remember the lines: Yellow beauty burns gold?

Monty posted an Fanart on his twitter, showing RWBY. He said that there was something wrong about it. It was the symbol (moon) that was wrong, what means Yin. So that means the guy would be Yin and not Yang.