Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
phantomhive

Too early for next-gen?

Oh yeah, the story was well developed, but when we say 'Generation of Pokemon' the first thing that comes to mind are the pokemon themselves. The pokemon designs are what I couldn't take seriously. Liked the whole Team Plasma gig - sorta made me miss Team Rocket though :/

There were some not so great ones, but its not like its the worst Pokemon ever.

We've gotten a pile of sludge, magnets, and more. Many of them are amazing because of nostalgia. xD

I still love them all. Besides there are amazing Pokemon in Gen V like Serperior, Hydreigon, Haxorus, Chandelure, Galvantula, Accelgor, etc. etc.

There were some not so great ones, but its not like its the worst Pokemon ever.

We've gotten a pile of sludge, magnets, and more. Many of them are amazing because of nostalgia. xD

I still love them all. Besides there are amazing Pokemon in Gen V like Serperior, Hydreigon, Haxorus, Chandelure, Galvantula, Accelgor, etc. etc.

Whilst I agree there were some pokemon in that generation that weren't bad (and yes there are a few naff ideas in each generation), I say Gen IV was the worst, followed by Gen V..... hence my scepticism of Gen VI. Will it be another step down, or a leap back up? We shall see.... 

We're going to be getting new consoles before the year is out, from both Sony and Microsoft. Look at the game release schedule for 2014, or lack thereof. There aren't any games because developers need to wait for the console announcements to say "Hey, we're making games!" 

As much as I might not want the new consoles, I think the time is nearly here for new ones. The current gen has been amazing, and the 360/PS3 have been pushed to their limits. What's been really impressive about this generation has been the fact that truly great games have come out at the twilight of these systems. We are not in a quality deficit. But we've plateaued in terms of online connectivity, graphics, and the more technical side of gaming (such as particle effects, AI, and processing power). At the start of this generation these things were all pluses. At the start of the new generation (excluding the Wii U) they're implementation will be a necessity.

With regards to Pokemon, I'm excited, but I do think it's too soon. I've been looking forward to a Ruby/Sapphire remake. Oh well, the new legendaries look pretty sweet.

Edited by Columned-Munny

not to early for next gen. rather its right on schedule, Obviously the Microsoft Console will come first with sony following in 2014/2015. technically speaking though,the wiiU already is part of the next gen,despite its non-impressive specs. regardless it is part of the "next-gen". so it is already started,the only question is:when will the rest follow? 

as for the next gen in pokemon:it was overdue really,gen V was the first generation i genuinely hated. i'm not a nostalgic pokemon player(heck gen IV is my favorite gen despite playing them all) but gen V's lack of original pokemon disturbed me.(all of them seemed to be clones or nods to gen I pokemon)

Edited by Christiaan Huber