Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Didn't you read what Nomura said? He said there would be features that were well received from the non-core games. It sounds like YOU think that a feature should immediately be thrown away after it has been introduced. Drive Forms can stay, and there can be other features added too, that doesn't mean they have to be removed. A lot of people like the Drive Forms, too, so why remove them? It wouldn't make sense. A good feature should stay and then there should be other features added. Not that other features replace that one feature.

Going to bed now, I'll be on here tomorrow again.

I like Drive forms, I think they and shotlocks are the best in the series of all the features.  But obviously from what Nomura said Sora's new design has yet to be revealed, implying that there will be a change, and if his outfit is changed then he loses his ability to use forms, unless Nomura creates a loophole around it like I've already said; and your original post was implying that he should always stay the same, when change is inevitable.  While I wouldn't mind them staying and getting to use them again in a new environment I accept that progress actually involves progression and change and accept the fact that his outfit may change, drive forms may be completely removed and new features we've never seen may be added or they may be altered so we get different versions.  You don't keep the same feature in forever because it'll become stale.  My point was there's no sense in complaining that they should stay, because change and risks are essential parts of innovation, and logic dictates considering from KH1 to 2 there was an outfit change and new abilities added, that the same would apply to KH3, but obviously we won't know for sure whether they're sticking to the KH2 formula or giving us something new until more news comes out.  

Well if Drives go I'll be dissapointed. They were nice, side quests if you will, when it came to getting them to their last level. And they helped a bunch and were just overall very fun to use. Sora has the Synch Blade ability with or without being in a drive form, so I think he will retain forms to some extent even if he gets a new outfit. I'm just crossing my fingers for a dream form in which the ability is flowmotion, or a similar technique.

In the 2011 trailer of Versus 13, it had an option in the battle command menu called "EX-Arts." Now in the development trailer of KH3, we see "EX" where the drive/shootlock bar is. Just pointing out, nothing more.

I like Drive forms, I think they and shotlocks are the best in the series of all the features.  But obviously from what Nomura said Sora's new design has yet to be revealed, implying that there will be a change, and if his outfit is changed then he loses his ability to use forms, unless Nomura creates a loophole around it like I've already said; and your original post was implying that he should always stay the same, when change is inevitable.  While I wouldn't mind them staying and getting to use them again in a new environment I accept that progress actually involves progression and change and accept the fact that his outfit may change, drive forms may be completely removed and new features we've never seen may be added or they may be altered so we get different versions.  You don't keep the same feature in forever because it'll become stale.  My point was there's no sense in complaining that they should stay, because change and risks are essential parts of innovation, and logic dictates considering from KH1 to 2 there was an outfit change and new abilities added, that the same would apply to KH3, but obviously we won't know for sure whether they're sticking to the KH2 formula or giving us something new until more news comes out.  

My post never implied he'd always say the same. All that I implied was that Sora doesn't need a new outfit. Anyway, let's just see what happens, since arguing won't do anything.

Sonic always kept his trademark shoes and he never looked any different other than his eye color that changed after the classic games.

Crash Bandicoot always looked the same.

Naruto characters always looked the same even though they've had 3 games.

So what if he still has this outfit? It looks good and people shouldn't complain about it. There are so many videogame characters that don't get new outfits, but that doesn't make them worse.

Oh really?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Render_SonicBlackKnight.png

Besides, your argument (despite the fact that I agree that he should keep his KH2 clothes) is flawed.

A) Many characters don't get new outfits because THAT'S HOW PEOPLE RECOGNIZE THEM. If they up and changed Mario's look, nobody would be able to tell. Same with characters like Master Chief, Kratos, Sly Cooper, and so on. However, Kingdom Hearts isn't as well known as Mario, so changing looks isn't such a problem.

B) IT WAS A CONCEPT TRAILER. Nomura said himself that the outfit hadn't been designed yet.

C) You're arguing against two franchises whose designs of clothing outrank all other aspects. Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts constantly change their characters' outfits. It's even been a gameplay element in FF3 and 5 and Lightning Returns.

D) Naruto doesn't count as an example because IT'S AN ANIME FIRST.

Why are you so stuck on the drives, dude? It wasn't the greatest system KH ever pulled off and BBS did it better by having it seamlessly integrate into gameplay.

That's not my point. My point is that it's not necessary for a video game character to change design or outfit unless the character grew out of their design like Sora (Since he grew a lot).

No, it's not necessary to change the outfit. However, it's a good idea. Time has passed since the last numbered title. Sora has also been growing as a person. It's the same thing with Riku's hair in DDD. Changing the outfit (and cutting the hair, in Riku's case) allows the character to start anew, to begin in a new direction. It's heavily symbolic and IT WORKS.

Oh really?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Render_SonicBlackKnight.png

Besides, your argument (despite the fact that I agree that he should keep his KH2 clothes) is flawed.

A) Many characters don't get new outfits because THAT'S HOW PEOPLE RECOGNIZE THEM. If they up and changed Mario's look, nobody would be able to tell. Same with characters like Master Chief, Kratos, Sly Cooper, and so on. However, Kingdom Hearts isn't as well known as Mario, so changing looks isn't such a problem.

B) IT WAS A CONCEPT TRAILER. Nomura said himself that the outfit hadn't been designed yet.

C) You're arguing against two franchises whose designs of clothing outrank all other aspects. Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts constantly change their characters' outfits. It's even been a gameplay element in FF3 and 5 and Lightning Returns.

D) Naruto doesn't count as an example because IT'S AN ANIME FIRST.

Why are you so stuck on the drives, dude? It wasn't the greatest system KH ever pulled off and BBS did it better by having it seamlessly integrate into gameplay.

No, it's not necessary to change the outfit. However, it's a good idea. Time has passed since the last numbered title. Sora has also been growing as a person. It's the same thing with Riku's hair in DDD. Changing the outfit (and cutting the hair, in Riku's case) allows the character to start anew, to begin in a new direction. It's heavily symbolic and IT WORKS.

Crash does not look different, it's only because the model is more modern than the other.

Sonic had these features in 1 game because that game was about knights and he used a sword, so these things are bad examples.

A: Lolwut? That is extremely flawed logic. Even with a whole different outfit, you are able to recognize Sora. You are also able to recognize Sonic even when he has a sword and a gauntlet. You are also able to recognize a modern Crash Bandicoot. Bad point, sir.

C: Where the hell is B? Anyway, how does that even matter at all? I don't think Nomura would think of clothes with special powers and then later get rid of them. That's called a downgrade.

D: It still has games. No, I'm not trolling, however, some games that are based off of animes have their own fillers.

BBS never had anything like Drive Forms and it honestly wasn't a really good system. It was one of the well received features from KH2.

Crash does not look different, it's only because the model is more modern than the other.

Sonic had these features in 1 game because that game was about knights and he used a sword, so these things are bad examples.

A: Lolwut? That is extremely flawed logic. Even with a whole different outfit, you are able to recognize Sora. You are also able to recognize Sonic even when he has a sword and a gauntlet. You are also able to recognize a modern Crash Bandicoot. Bad point, sir.

C: Where the hell is B? Anyway, how does that even matter at all? I don't think Nomura would think of clothes with special powers and then later get rid of them. That's called a downgrade.

D: It still has games. No, I'm not trolling, however, some games that are based off of animes have their own fillers.

BBS never had anything like Drive Forms and it honestly wasn't a really good system. It was one of the well received features from KH2.

Command Styles much? Pretty much the better versions of Drive.Also, I'm pretty sure you didn't see the differences between the two Crashes and the reason I used those three Sonics:1) Crash has tattoos instead of gloves and he has a belt. THAT IS NOT AN UPDATE ON THE MODEL.2) The hair on the top of his head is a different color. His eyebrows are also smaller.And on Sonic, there are slight changes between his modern look and his Black Knight look. Guess what? A TON OF THE VARIOUS OUTFITS IN Kingdom Hearts ARE JUST SLIGHT CHANGES. All of the Drive Forms are just recolored variations.Besides, just because Sora might be changing clothes doesn't mean he'll lose magical clothes. Perhaps Sora's new duds will allow him to use Command Styles or (dare I say it?) DRIVE FORMS?

Command Styles much? Pretty much the better versions of Drive.Also, I'm pretty sure you didn't see the differences between the two Crashes and the reason I used those three Sonics:1) Crash has tattoos instead of gloves and he has a belt. THAT IS NOT AN UPDATE ON THE MODEL.2) The hair on the top of his head is a different color. His eyebrows are also smaller.And on Sonic, there are slight changes between his modern look and his Black Knight look. Guess what? A TON OF THE VARIOUS OUTFITS IN Kingdom Hearts ARE JUST SLIGHT CHANGES. All of the Drive Forms are just recolored variations.Besides, just because Sora might be changing clothes doesn't mean he'll lose magical clothes. Perhaps Sora's new duds will allow him to use Command Styles or (dare I say it?) DRIVE FORMS?

I guess the Command Styles are similar to Drive Forms, but they're not exactly the same. They were actually pretty limited, since as soon as you fully fill up the gauge, you are forced to do a finishing move and end the style. I guess all we can do is wait till things are revealed.

I'm hoping for a new outfit with new abilities due to that outfit change. Who knows maybe we will see a different type of fighting style similar to the drive. But at this time it's impossible to predict. And plus that trailer was just a beta one it wasn't even real gameplay :P

So who knows I'm just really excited for it!

We can't assume that just beacuse sora gets a new outfit which I pretty much confirmed that he would use drive forms. That ability could always carry over into his new outfit but also... If sora gives ventus his heart back won't he lose his synch blade ability? Because he can wield his own and vens beacuse he harbors his heart so without it he shouldn't be able to dual wield unfortanley. The drive forms only worked die to having another wielders heart inside him. The clothes were only as powerful as his growth would allow the fairies said so

Edited by Soratus37