Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Who would you want as a main character?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want as a main character?

From a gameplay perspective, Riku is better, most of his attacks don't require MP, his swiord moves are faster, he can run twice as fast and jump twice as high, and has a better dodge roll. Furthermore he gets much more pwerful in Dark mode.

But I prefer Sora.

From a gameplay perspective, Riku is better, most of his attacks don't require MP, his swiord moves are faster, he can run twice as fast and jump twice as high, and has a better dodge roll. Furthermore he gets much more pwerful in Dark mode.

But I prefer Sora.

Agreed. Gameplay-wise, Riku. Story-wise, Sora. The story just wouldnt be the same if it was Riku.

i agree with everything said, even though story wise i would rather have someone who isn't 'dancing' their way through battles *cough atlantica*

I hafta say that Riku's story is more...I don't know...interesting then Sora's, all he dose is go to other worlds and fix other peoples problems, with Riku you have Xehanorts Heartsless. Then again Sora has a Nobody... I can't decide!

I don't see why everyone is against Riku in story-wise. One deed costs him nearly his heart and he had to redeem himself back to normal. I have seen lots of Sora's emo moments throughout the series.

Gameplay, Riku.

Story, Riku. Why? It's because Sora's KH2 Story was lacking. Riku has a dark story that once explored like Sora's has been, would prove to be AWESOME. Think about it, Riku has so much mystery surrounding him, he's lonely and the transition of lost Riku to found and loved Riku would be a true experience for fans. His interior battle with Ansem would also be awesome, much like the Sora-Roxas relationship. I think people like Sora's story because of the confusion and amazement in which it holds. I would very much like a game about Riku's KH story

Riku would be fun to play, but in my my opinion, he is too serious. Think about it. Would you rather play as a character that would make you laugh (more at him than with him) or be stuck with an ultra serious player that mopes around in darkness for most of the game?

Riku would be fun to play, but in my my opinion, he is too serious. Think about it. Would you rather play as a character that would make you laugh (more at him than with him) or be stuck with an ultra serious player that mopes around in darkness for most of the game?

Really it's more, Riku fits into the generic Square Enix serious character. Sora is unique in that he's pretty happy most of the time.

well actually for me it depends on game play because, Sora pwns Riku if Sora is in any of his forms: Valor, Wisdom, Master, Final, Limit, Anti Form, but if its just regular old Sora, against, regular old Riku, Riku would win

Sora fits more in the role of the classic Disney hero, while Riku fits the role of the typical Square-Enix hero.

Anyways, I assume the people who would prefer Riku are just getting a bit tired of Sora. After all these games where he's been the main playable character, it gets a bit repetitive. The various games featuring multiple scenarios do help, but it's okay to try new things. I figure that after BBS, everyone would like to get back to Sora again.

It's not that I don't like Sora, or that I'm sick/bored of him. I actually love the big goof.

But for me, it's Riku, hands down.

What people seem to be ignoring is that Riku isn't always all "DARKNESSGAHHIMUSTREPENT*angstangst*", even through Re:CoM, because he has Mickey around. I prefer him because he is quite a lot deeper than Sora, and there's so much he's gone through. I guess I just sympathise with him because he basically lost everything, and got no reward for ages, while Sora was off making friends and having adventures.

I think he is actually not as down in the dumps as everyone seems to claim he is, too- he's the most realistic of the characters, and he genuinely cares about people just as much as Sora- in fact, dare I say more? Although Sora might have more friends, and he would fight for them, Riku gives literally EVERYTHING for Kairi and Sora.

His intentions were never really that bad, and that's what really makes him a much more intriguing character to me- he wants to escape with his friends, and afterwards to save Kairi, who is lost and then as good as dead; but he goes about it completely the wrong way, and has to pay for it afterwards.

If Riku was the main character, though, for the comedy side of things I would still want Sora around. It's probably my sense of humour, but I prefer deadpan snarking and sarcasm to obvious slapstick, although both make me laugh. And you can't deny Riku and Sora don't have chemistry potential. (Not in a romantic sense, in a comedy friendship way.) If Sora was there, generally drowning in his own naive but adorable idiocy, Riku would be likely to poke fun at him quite a lot. He wouldn't just stand there and brood while Sora was acting like a goon- I mean, in KH2, he laughs at just a FUNNY FACE. Riku isn't that droll and serious.

@ Rosie - Wow. You pretty much summarized why I like Riku so much. Actually, now that you think about it, he's by far the most developed character of the series :3

Riku had much better character in KH1 and CoM.

Sort of like how Cloud had a better personality in FF7.

358/2 Days and KH2 however, made him brooding, questioning, melancholy. I can't help but feel that they removed his strength of character.