Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Soravids

About an FF7 remake...

Were you happy with Square's PC version of FF7 being ported to PS4?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Did you want a remake or are you happy with the port?

• I'm not happy with the port at all... It needs a remake!
    • I'd rather have a remake, but oh well. At least we got the port.
    • A remake isn't needed. Enjoy the port.
    • I'm not happy with either. Remake 8 or 9.
    • I'm not happy with either. Port 8 or 9.

It doesn't work like that. What developer has a 300 odd person team lying around?

Plenty. Just do a little digging. Plus, get ready cause once an FF surpasses VII in terms of quality, they're remaking it.

Plenty. Just do a little digging. Plus, get ready cause once an FF surpasses VII in terms of quality, they're remaking it.

LOL. I seriously doubt it. You name one. LOL. That crap was said years and years ago, a ton has changed since then.

LOL. I seriously doubt it. You name one. LOL. That crap was said years and years ago, a ton has changed since then.

Doesn't matter. Still relevant. It'll happen one day. Will you be disappointed? Why?

What in the world makes you think that will ever happen? Yeah sure, we might be saying "oh look FFXV looks epic" or "this is the return of Square!" but really, I do believe that is just false hope.

Heck as Sora96 says they might even make XV-2. What the hell is that? Why can't they make a main FF game nowdays that stands on it's own and doesn't need sequels and mobile games and whatnot. 

I'm happy VIII is my favorite game, they haven't touched it since and they shouldn't. I don't trust SquareENIX with that...

Playable AC? How so? It would still have the same exact battle system.

I mean in terms of thematics and looks. Cloud would be characterized much more like his AC version, because that's the most recent one.

I mean in terms of thematics and looks. Cloud would be characterized much more like his AC version, because that's the most recent one.

In Dissidia 012 he looked way more like his original version. They can make him like that.

Lol. No they won't.

How is that, may I ask? I'm sure Square already knows a remake for FFVII is in high demand. Why would they miss out on the oppurtunity to make profit? Heck, they don't even have to utilize the power of the PS4 or Xbox One, assuming that it's on those consoles.

Edited by Sun Wukong

How is that, may I ask? I'm sure Square already knows a remake for FFVII is in high demand. Why would they miss out on the oppurtunity to make profit? Heck, they don't even have to utilize the power of the PS4 or Xbox One, assuming that it's on those consoles.

Because they're happy with the PC version, and thus why it's available on PC, iOS, Android and soon PS4. Not to mention it would be a project the size of FFXIV: ARR and FFXV. Rather than waste a shit ton of resources on a remake they'll make new games. After FFXV is finished they need to send parts of that team to division 1 and 3 so they can make whatever Toriyama and Kitase have cooking and KH3 respectively. And division 8 is hard at work on XVI.

Because they're happy with the PC version, and thus why it's available on PC, iOS, Android and soon PS4. Not to mention it would be a project the size of FFXIV: ARR and FFXV. Rather than waste a shit ton of resources on a remake they'll make new games. After FFXV is finished they need to send parts of that team to division 1 and 3 so they can make whatever Toriyama and Kitase have cooking and KH3 respectively. And division 8 is hard at work on XVI.

Ahhh that makes sense. At this point though, I don't think it'd take up as much resources as FFXV did xD

I didn't know the PC version was selling so well.

Ahhh that makes sense. At this point though, I don't think it'd take up as much resources as FFXV did xD

I didn't know the PC version was selling so well.

Gotta blame Nomura for that mess.

Yeah, the PC version has sold really well.